Not him again...

LCDforMe said:
Do any of you guys have people at your gym who just can't help themselves but to point something out about your form or what you're doing wrong.

Whenever I see this one guy aproaching me, I just lose all will to live. The other day during a warm up set on the bench, he came over to tell me to put the collars on because it was a rule. I was doing a warmup set of litterally 125 pounds.

I've quit in the middle of a set because I can see him watching me out of the corner of his eye just waiting to piss me off. One day, I'm just going to kick his ass.

Anybody else have a person like this at their gym?

you are posting all wrong, ALL WRONG!

First of all you asked us the same question twice. Approaching has two p's. Literally has one t!

I lift on base so the other Marines mainly do your thing except to come over and ask for a spot.

I saw him again today and when he aPProached me, I just said, "Listen, I don't think you are qualified to tell me how to lift considering the pound to pound differences that I am seeing between us, so please just leave me alone.". I intended on making a bigger scene but just figured it wasn't worth kicking an old man's ass over some bad tips. He wasn't even that strong or fit, he just acted tough. Bastard.

People leave me alone while I'm lifting. I like it. Maybe it's the farting.

well i dont train at a gym anymore but in the earlier bb days i had an actual old bb and writer for ironman mag (australia) help me out a bit with exercises and such but it was for a month or 2 ? then i changed gyms , it was great all the 50lb doods who worked there telling everyone how to lift , always gave a look if someone dropped weights and if you happened to be working out late and near the db rack , they would always ask you to "help them" put the dumbells back on the dumbell rack .. and this was after they acused you of leaving them all on the floor .

i remember one time whoever was in control of the music was playing some slow love song , just recall people looking up and around some laughing , others pretending to go to sleep and others including me yelling out " wtf is this !!?? "

I like rEmY's and Cmart's suggestions best.

Why waste words on these people when a short grunt from your orifice of choice works just as well?

Holding them down and performing simulated anal rape on them might be a good deterent too.

CarnalSalvation said:
Holding them down and performing simulated anal rape on them might be a good deterent too.

:eek: then :redface: then :icon_cry2

CarnalSalvation said:

Simulated? You're getting lenient.

Any lube or just dry-hole it?

Seriously though, glad it worked out for ya LCD.

LCDforMe said:
Anybody else have a person like this at their gym?

Yeah, me. It's my job (I still don't enforce it if I can tell the lifter knows what he/she is doing, and especially if they're in a warm-up set).

What's funny is when people try to do this to me, not knowing I run the place. Believe me, I restore balance to the universe for all you Sherdoggers out there when some asshole tries that. Ha ha.

just tell him to stop bothering you.
tell him you know what you're doing.
and if he keeps at it, tell him to fuck off. and that you don't want his "help".

Ask him if he'll check out your "form" in the shower. It's a bit of a gamble, but most of he time it will send them running.

If not, you may have to switch gyms. Unless you're into that kinda thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

LCDforMe said:
I saw him again today and when he aPProached me, I just said, "Listen, I don't think you are qualified to tell me how to lift considering the pound to pound differences that I am seeing between us, so please just leave me alone.". I intended on making a bigger scene but just figured it wasn't worth kicking an old man's ass over some bad tips. He wasn't even that strong or fit, he just acted tough. Bastard.

You are from Portland, right?
Where do you lift?

there is a hypocrite type guy in our gym. He's pretty skinny but he thinks he is huge. He's the guy who will walk up to someone and tell them how bad their form is and then goes on to tell them how they should switch to certain exercises, because he does them.
What makes him a hypocrite is that he stacks 140 pounds on a curl bar, and then swings his lower back all wildly and only does 2 reps anyway. He also grunts excessively. He does it for bench, he does for shoulder presses, he does it for triceps, etc, etc. His lower back must be in either awesome shape or his spine is going to crack any day now. Plus those 2 rep, 100 sets, must be a great idea....

my school gym as a bunch of platforms,power racks,benchs,DBs,but its so crowded with guys that curl in the squat rack,so i have to join a gym off campus,that has no power racks and only one of those walk out crappy squat stands

They come in all different sizes and races.

And ages.

Back