WMMA Discussion #29

Not bad fights.
pudding is probably done in the UFC after that one. Carolina slowly becoming a decent fighter.

Maverick got the grappling win but really didn't make the statement of a big favorite ready for the top 15.

Virna imposed her game but lemons really kept up until she got to her back. Well earned 50k POTN armbar.

The girl she beat was 1-2, with a loss to someone who was 4-10, and got subbed by Hannah Goldy this year. Great finish, but I’ll wait to see more before crowning her the next best thing

Not bad fights.
pudding is probably done in the UFC after that one. Carolina slowly becoming a decent fighter.

Maverick got the grappling win but really didn't make the statement of a big favorite ready for the top 15.

Virna imposed her game but lemons really kept up until she got to her back. Well earned 50k POTN armbar.
Yeah I enjoyed all the fights. Maverick got the all important W, Carolina displayed continuing improvement and Virna showed her sick jitsu.

Thursday July 25, 2024

[MMA] Hexagone MMA 19 Orange, France
Main Card – iPPV (TrillerTV) / RMC Sport – 2:30pm ET / 11:30am PT
Alice Michalkiewicz vs. Kelly Staddon
Morgane Dehaye vs. Sara Vieitez
Mathilde Aschenbrenner vs. Kelley Hamming

Friday July 26

[KICKBOXING] RISE 180 Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – ABEMA TV – 4:15am ET / 1:15am PT
[MMA] Aries Fight Series 28 Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Main Card – iPPV – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Julia Moore vs. Hannah Rosario
Kate Sandmeyer vs. Samantha Buttery

Saturday July 27

[MMA] Shuriken Fight Series 18 Auckland, New Zealand
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 4:00am ET / 1:00am PT
Rhian Howells vs. Yasmine Knight
Brooke Pritchard vs. Samantha Barriball
Kim Tran vs. Mia Evans

[MMA] UAE Warriors 51 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 10:00am ET / 7:00am PT
Carol Foro vs. Marina Nica

[MMA] Arena Global 30 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Main Card – iPPV – 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT
Agata Lucas vs. Amanda Vargas
Natacha Lima vs. Irlaine Gasai
Roberta Quadros vs. Jorgina Ramos

[MMA] Cage Legacy 23 Dublin, Ireland
Main Card – iPPV – 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT
Kiya O’Sullivan vs. Karolina Arm
Lisa Murtagh vs. Daniela Dobella

[MMA] UFC 304: Edwards vs. Muhammad 2 Manchester, England, UK
Main Card – iPPV ESPN+ – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – ESPN2 / ESPN+ – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Molly McCann vs. Bruna Brasil
Preliminary Card – ESPN2 / ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Shauna Bannon vs. Alice Ardelean

[BOXING] Shields vs. Joanisse Detroit, Michigan, USA
Main Card – DAZN – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Claressa Shields vs. Vanessa Lepage Joanisse
Samantha Worthington vs. Edina Kiss
Danielle Perkins vs. Christianne Fahey

Sunday July 28

[MMA] Pancrase Blood.3 Osaka, Japan
Main Card – iPPV – 12:45am ET / 9:45pm PT
Taiki Akiba vs. Ayumu Kan
Yohei Nada vs. Shyudi Yamauchi
Raiki Endo vs. Koji Nakamura
Raika Emiko vs. Ayane Wada
Yoshiki Uematsu vs. Tatsuki Ozaki

[MMA/BOXING] Super RIZIN 3 Saitama, Japan
Main Card – iPPV (RIZIN.TV) – 1:00am ET / 10:00am PT
-INTERMISSION-
Rena Kubota vs. Kate Oyama

[MMA] UAE Warriors 52: Arabia 14 Abu Dhabi, UAE
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00am ET / 6:00am PT
Rewan Yasser vs. Lisa Zimmo

more: https://grabakahitman.com/

Weekend picks

[MMA] UFC 304: Edwards vs. Muhammad 2 Manchester, England, UK
Main Card – iPPV ESPN+ – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – ESPN2 / ESPN+ – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Molly McCann vs. Bruna Brasil. Mcann by KO.
Preliminary Card – ESPN2 / ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Shauna Bannon vs. Alice Ardelean. Ardelean by decision.

So Grasso vs Shevchenko 3 is finally made official for UFC 306. Not gonna lie, I’m not a fan of Grasso fighting in the co-main with not only two teammates, but her grappling coach fighting on the undercard. That’s really spreading her coaching staff thin. A part of me thinks that was an incentive for Shevchenko to finally agree to taking it. That, and the threat of losing the shot to Fiorot.

The other fights aren’t bad at all. Time for Aldana to either prove she’s still a contender, or make way for a new one. Jauregui still has work to do at Strawweight before she can move past prospect stage, and former Invicta champ Souza will definitely make her work

My picks sucked. Bruna Brasil dominated McCann. Bruna has improved from her previous fights. She has improved all around. McCann had toughness not to get finished. Bannon got the W. That fight was a bit more competitive.
I thought Bruna looked much improved as well. She also looked quite big out there for 115. I think she should fight Bannon or Knutsson next.

I thought Bruna looked much improved as well. She also looked quite big out there for 115. I think she should fight Bannon or Knutsson next.
It's been a year since Bruna last beat up Bannon and she's gotten better. I'd like to see her fight someone who has been around the UFC maybe Reed next.

She looked so much better than the girl Loma beat up only a few months ago but then I been saying Loma should be in the top 15 for a year now. I have little doubt she get Karolina Who the media keeps throwing in there and she's still so young.

Molly made the fight fun but that's all she can do she just awful technically I'm sure next uk card they'll get her a more suitable jobber. Maybe we can see the meatball vs belbita trilogy everyone wants!

Bannon looked like she was getting beat at everything to start but that aledean didn't have any gas. Interesting to see what happens with both.

Back