Movies Nostalgia-overrated movies.

I don’t think they are bad, just overrated.

Scarface
Ex Machina
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
Full Metal Jacket
Rocky

Lots of unwarranted Slander happening in this thread...tisk tisk.

Anything in the 80s really. Karate Kid, Robocop, Halloween, Commando, The Blob, Breakfast club...Kick Rocks!

Nothing will be more overrated then and now than The Dark Knight.
Pretty much all C Nolan movies are vastly overrated

Never understood the hype for his pretentious ass

InterStellar got so cringe I had to exit the theater

Chasing Amy. When I watched this as a teen I thought it was some masterpiece but I watched it recently...its so God damn slow. Granted I was getting over being sick but man I was bored minus a few scenes. Don't get me wrong the chicks hot but the dialogue drags.

Speaking of Kevin Smith...mallrats. now for a nostalgia trip down what malls were like it's phenomenal. It has some ok funny spots but overall it's meh. Another one my teenage self loved but not so much anymore

I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory last weekend. Its an okay film nothing great. I remember it being better.

I see Scarface popping up in here. See, I first watched it and thought, “THAT’S what everybody goes on about?!” Really didn’t get it. Although I enjoyed how it was shot and the sets and costumes. But now it’s become one of those films that has grown on me over the years and I’m sad I gave away the VHS tape lol. Haven’t seen a copy since!!!

For me it was Spaceballs.

For years I would tell my son how funny this movie was. So then one day we sit down an watch it together and it's actually not very funny at all.

A couple decent jokes here and there but nothing like what I remember.

I think for me was the fact we had only 3 Star Wars films back then, so spaceballs felt special and funnier back then, now that Im getting tired with all the Star Wars things around I can't imagine sitting throught a parody film.

I see Scarface popping up in here. See, I first watched it and thought, “THAT’S what everybody goes on about?!” Really didn’t get it. Although I enjoyed how it was shot and the sets and costumes. But now it’s become one of those films that has grown on me over the years and I’m sad I gave away the VHS tape lol. Haven’t seen a copy since!!!

They’re not rare or worth anything. You can get one on eBay for less than $10.

For years I would tell my son how funny this movie was. So then one day we sit down an watch it together and it's actually not very funny at all.

Oh man I haven't watched that since I was a kid, I remember it being v funny

Guess I'll just keep it in the spankbank

As a massive horror fan, I really wanted It Follows to at least be tolerable. The pacing was bad and there was never a payoff for the snail-paced build-up.

I'll throw Hereditary on there as well. Solid enough flick with an unsettling moment or two, but it's fair from the scariest film I've ever seen.

I remember it not being considered that great at the time but I spose you could argue its benefited from youtube/meme culture as it does have a few scenes to it(most obviously Ludicrous Speed) which are much better than the rest.

Back