Movies Nostalgia-overrated movies.

I don't know if overrated is the right term, but I don't think younger generations will like it that much. Much of the appeal comes from historical references, nostalgia and classic rock that draws in Boomers and Gen X, but millennials and younger won't feel the same affinity for those things.

No. Millennials and x are boomers children and millennials have no problem relating to Forrest Gump. It's their parents history and music .

You guys seem stuck in some kind of generational time warp where you don't realize Millennials are 40 something and that they aren't the young generation that's annoying everyone and doesn't know shit about fuck and haven't been young in quite some time.

This Millennial thing drives me nuts. So many people on this very board with no idea what generation they are in. If you were born in the 80s you are not Gen X.

Lol at millennials not being able to relate to forest Gump. Every millennial has likely seen that movie 50 times and a bunch of them likely saw it in the actual movie theater.

I was also including the new season where it just is absolute crap
Honestly havent got around to watching that yet so can't comment on it, I did definitely think Inland Empire was Lynch going past his best though which I spose is part of whats held me off watching it.

His peak for me is Lost Highway and Mullholland Drive were I think he managed to merge his "artier" style into strong dramatic stories.

Last edited:
I can’t understand the godfather hate.
I can, whilst its not Tarkovsky or anything it is a much slower film than most of what you've gotten in the mainstream in the last 20-30 years. The same with Apoc Now, its semi art cinema which managed to get mainstream success.

Less "nostalgia" and more modern audiences having rather narrower tastes and less willingness to sit though slower cinema.

No. Millennials and x are boomers children and millennials have no problem relating to Forrest Gump. It's their parents history and music .

You guys seem stuck in some kind of generational time warp where you don't realize Millennials are 40 something and that they aren't the young generation that's annoying everyone and doesn't know shit about fuck and haven't been young in quite some time.

This Millennial thing drives me nuts. So many people on this very board with no idea what generation they are in. If you were born in the 80s you are not Gen X.

Lol at millennials not being able to relate to forest Gump. Every millennial has likely seen that movie 50 times and a bunch of them likely saw it in the actual movie theater.
*puts hand up* born in the 80s here. Saw Forrest Gump in the theater.

Back