Non-Thread Worthy Boxing News part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usain Bolt. He set a world indoor 100 metres record this year. Missed chunks of the season due to injury though.

Getting the nod over Bolt must huge there , free weed for life

"It's good to know that Santa Cruz' promoter has stated that our unification fight has to happen," an ecstatic Rigondeaux said. "I want to add his (WBC) green belt to my WBA and WBO championship collection. I've wanted this fight for some time. Let's hope this is not just idle talk. Let's do it!"

"I have contacted Golden Boy Promotions many times to ask about making a fight between 'Rigo' and Santa Cruz," Rigondeaux' manager Gary Hyde added. "They always answered by saying they were interested in making this fight but not at that time. Yesterday, after learning Oscar said this fight has to happen, I reached out to Golden Boy and can confirm that negotiations have commenced. Myself and Caribe Promotions, 'Rigo's' promoter, will endeavor to make this fight happen as soon as possible.

"Once 'Rigo' beats Santa Cruz for his third world title belt - fourth if you count The Ring Magazine - a fight against International Boxing Federation (IBF) champion Carl Frampton (19-0, 13 KOs) would have to happen in order to determine the undisputed super bantamweight champion of the world."

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeaux-praises-de-la-hoya-santa-cruz-stance--86817

always get chills watching this old school vid of HBO's first 500 fights

[YT]EnnAx1bNxaY[/YT]

Random Question , what is your favorite KO that you feel doesn't get as much love , my entry Rahman's upset KO on Lennox , it was so perfectly placed and brutal , that shit would knock anyone out

Julian Jackson's kayo of Herol Graham:

29osrad.gif

It's pretty well known but still. Graham was a beautiful boxer to watch - pretty much the template for Naz - and did really well for the first few rounds. Then got flattened.

Less well remembered would be Darnell Wilson's kayo of Emmanuel Nwodo:

[Yt]kX8QyaxvBCQ[/MEDIA]

Kevin Mitchell beat down Danniel Estrada today

Kevin Mitchell looked really good, best performance in his career. Head movement and the angles he was landing on made the fight fun to watch

Riddick Bowe @riddickbowe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back