Nobody thought Jones won round 3?

Round 3 was hands down for Gus. There was really no dispute on that one.

What Point?
I asked source on an opinion you propounded, you could not source anything, hence the opinion remains just that,an opinion, as you know opinions cannot be proved or disproved.

As for my link validating your opinion, i think you need more comprehension skills
So instead of asking me to try hard on a forum maybe you should try harder at school.
I am not disagreeing that Jones landed a hard elbow and a follow up powerful knee but Gustafsson was well on his way to recovery and he stuffed jones' takedown attempt leaving jones on the mat when the round ended.
I have not seen you once address many posts alluding to this aspect.

Remember when you claimed that ''MMA scoring dictates that Jones won R4'' was only my opinion (despite Jones being awarded the decision based on the above criteria), then immediately spouted your opinion that ''Gus was well on his way to recovery''???

:redface:

Also, why would I address irrelevant posts? Gus was in survival mode and stuffed a TD late in the round. What more is supposed to be discussed?

I'm going to bed, have fun trying to find faults in my logic, I can tell it's eating you up inside..:cool:

Full disclosure... I think Gustafsson won.

I had Gus winning 1,2,4(yea even 4... eat a dick Just Bleed bitches). But Jones clearly won 3 I thought, almost start to finish and 5 start to finish for sure. Oddly, at the end of round 3, you have Joe Rogan saying that Jones is losing this fight. I can see how people would hear that and be seeing someone actually giving Jones a fight--that would influence them.

That said... I thought 3 was a clear win for Jones.

So I'm thinking if judges saw 4 for Jones, that could be where the 48-47 comes from for Jones, though I disagree. But 49-46 is bullshit, no matter who you call it for.

At the end of 3 and going into the 4th round, I had it 2-1 Jones. So I looked on twitter and the average of journalists, MMA fighters and fans tweeting round by round scored it 2-1 Gus as well. And MOST going into the 5th round had it a draw, meaning they gave Jones the 4th.

I wonder how much of a psychological effect there is with expected outcome/desired outcomes and cognitive dissonance in scoring...

I wanted Gustafsson to win, I thought Jones was going to beat the fuck out of him and ended up scoring the fight for Gustafsson 3-2. Upon several rewatches, I swapped round 4 for Gustafsson and 3 for Jones. Punch by punch, Jones pieced Gus up in round 3.

Cant take anything you say seriously after that.

I actually thought Jones could have got the first, Gus the second, third and fourth (I thought he controlled the majority of the round and Jones' late flurry didn't undo that for me) and Jones clearly got the fifth. SUPER close fight either way though.

Round 2,3, and even 4 can be scored a few different ways and not totally be crazy.

I saw it 1 - Gus, 2 - close, 3 - Jones, 4 - Gus (it comes down to criteria, I can see 4- Jones too), 5 - Jones.
So there you go.

Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.

Source:

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

If that is supposed to be the criteria, then no one is following the rules because the rules would then be bullshit.

There is nothing in that language that accounts for the force of a blow, or even whether or not it causes a knockdown or a cut.

Obviously this is relevant in this past fight because Jones nearly finished Gus at the end of Round 4 and had him acting as though he was at death's door in Round 5.

Two rounds were decisive for both fighters 5 for Jones and 3 for Alex, all the others were very close. I had Jones 2, 4, 5, but he barely squeaked out that 4th round

This is more how I had it. In fact, I think 2 was the decisive round.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that Jones has blood in his eye basically the entire fight?

the first 3 rounds were so close they could all be draws, although the TD in the first really solidified it for Gus.

I had the 3rd for Gus because I gave Jones the 2nd.
4 and 5 were clearly Jones.

I honestly thought it should have been a draw, I know nobody likes that in a title fight but feel it was the best call.

1/2 to Gus
3/5 to Jones
and 4 a 10-10

Gus won rounds 1 and 3 very clearly. while Jones won round 2. Rounds 4 and 5 could have gone either ways.

Any close round (regardless of who edged out the first four minutes) that ends with a definitive winner/aggressor is scored for the person winning at the end. ''Slightly winning most of the round'' means absolutely nothing, that's just not how fights are scored.

omg i hope ur not a judge... and i hope no judge thinks this way... this is not how scoring works

Remember when you claimed that ''MMA scoring dictates that Jones won R4'' was only my opinion (despite Jones being awarded the decision based on the above criteria), then immediately spouted your opinion that ''Gus was well on his way to recovery''???

:redface:

Also, why would I address irrelevant posts? Gus was in survival mode and stuffed a TD late in the round. What more is supposed to be discussed?

I'm going to bed, have fun trying to find faults in my logic, I can tell it's eating you up inside..:cool:

I never claimed it was your and yours only
The opinion i claimed to be yours is the judging criteria which you were spouting out being all knowing.
And about Gus being on his way to recovery, its not an opinion, its a fact, Jones tried to take a "near end" Gus down and was shrugged off, it's on tape brother

If that is supposed to be the criteria, then no one is following the rules because the rules would then be bullshit.

There is nothing in that language that accounts for the force of a blow, or even whether or not it causes a knockdown or a cut.

Obviously this is relevant in this past fight because Jones nearly finished Gus at the end of Round 4 and had him acting as though he was at death's door in Round 5.

i don't make the rules, they are what they are, and force of a blow is no where mentioned because it cannot be measured without pressure sensors.
I ll give you Gus being gassed in the last round, but the Fourth round has to be seen objectively when scoring so we cannot discount the first 3.5 minutes of the round where Gus had control and was landing strikes.Again close to a finish is all opinionated talk, maybe he was close to a finish, maybe he was not we will never know

I scored 1,2,5 for Gus.

And 3,4 For Jones.

I believe in MMA there is what I call "superficial" damage. Jones was cut up and had that massive swollen upper lip, but I dont believe he was ever close to being in serious trouble. The end of round 4 Gus was reeling after the elbow to the head. I also believe that if that would have happened in the earlier in the round Jones could have finished him. They both looked gassed at that point and I dont think Jones had enough in the tank to finish him. I may get flamed for this because I know Gus has some crazy power, but to me he reminded me of a 205 lb. Dominick Cruz. He seemed to be point fighting Jones and kept circling to his left which is why Jones was able to utilize the spinning back kick to the body. Does anyone remember what round it was that Gus took a nasty body shot and was breathing really heavy? I think it was round 2. Jones was able to control the center of the Octagon for most of the fight while Gus seemed to stick and circle. a la Dominick Cruz. I too had 3,4,5 for Jones and possibly 2 but that round could have went either way.

omg i hope ur not a judge... and i hope no judge thinks this way... this is not how scoring works

It's exactly how scoring works. The more dominant fighter wins the round. Jones stole a close round by landing more strikes, taking less damage and being the aggressor. He absolutely won the round based on the scoring criteria the judges use.

Feel free to argue my points next time.

Problem is you can't infer anyone "nearly finished the round" more than anyone else simply based off what you want to believe. You can assert Jones became more aggressive after the elbow, and landed more strikes toward the end. He finished strong. Gus controlled the majority of the round outside of that. Like I said to someone else, I couldn't justify the round going to Jones because of those 12-15 seconds. I could see a 10-10.

I understand your point, however the likelihood of the judges applying the same logic as yourself is highly unlikely. Gus was noticeably staggering around the cage and not protecting himself. That period was also quit a bit longer than 15 seconds. In the Jones Machida fight I gave the 1st round to Machida as did everyone else. The fact is though that both of them landed 8 significant strikes and through somewhere in the neighbourhood of 20. Machida landed the one that put Jones off balance. Jones did far worse than that to Gus and likely won on that fact alone. Weather you call it nearly finishing or clearly hurting someone more than they hurt you to that point Jones did it and won the round. None of the judges appear to have seen it any other way. Also a 10-10 round would have resulted in a draw on only one score card.

I had it rd 1 and 2 Gus and rds 3-5 Jones

And yeah, watching live rd 3 was the one I had trouble scoring, the round could have easily gone to Gus.

I need to rewatch though because a lot of people thought rd 2 was the rd in question

Full disclosure... I think Gustafsson won.

I had Gus winning 1,2,4(yea even 4... eat a dick Just Bleed bitches). But Jones clearly won 3 I thought, almost start to finish and 5 start to finish for sure. Oddly, at the end of round 3, you have Joe Rogan saying that Jones is losing this fight.

So you thought Gus won rounds 1 and 2, but are confused that Joe Rogan thought Jones was losing after the third?

Back