Nobody thought Jones won round 3?

well half way through the fourth round he claimed that jon needs a finish. i normally am the first person to defend Joe, but in this fight he was ridiculous.

Thanks man. That explains a lot. I figured he was probably saying shit like that.

I was one of the rare 49-46 scores for Jon. I wasn't confident when the scores were being read though. I felt that it went like this

1st - Gus
2nd - toss up
3rd - toss up
4th - Jon
5th - Jon

I gave both the toss ups to Jon, but either of those rounds could have gone to the other guy.

Gus blocked almost every shot from Jones.

Gus won that fight.

yeah, gus should have gotten the 4th as well

Any close round (regardless of who edged out the first four minutes) that ends with a definitive winner/aggressor is scored for the person winning at the end. ''Slightly winning most of the round'' means absolutely nothing, that's just not how fights are scored.

Care to elaborate on the source of this??
Or is it a figment of your imagination?

Lol. Reach, bro.. reach..

You do not have any source for what you said, you are making up rules to support your argument , you ignore the more realistic comments and quote the emotional comments to cement your argument and i am the one reaching
LOL
Continue with the trolling, i already got my answer

You do not have any source for what you said, you are making up rules to support your argument , you ignore the more realistic comments and quote the emotional comments to cement your argument and i am the one reaching
LOL
Continue with the trolling, i already got my answer

Okay, let me explain this as if I was speaking to an idiot (you):
When a round consisting primarily of striking is competitive, but ends with a major advantage to one fighter, that fighter wins the round. It's not rocket science.

But please, tell me more about how I'm just trolling and why something that obvious and rational needs to be sourced.

Enjoy your night, friend.

When a round consisting primarily of striking is competitive, but ends with a major advantage to one fighter, that fighter wins the round. It's not rocket science.

But please, tell me more about how I'm just trolling and why something that obvious and rational needs to be sourced.

Now you resort to name calling
Its not rocket science yet you cannot get me a source
This happens generally when you do not have a legit argument.
Last i heard the rounds were scored according to :
14. Judging

All bouts will be evaluated and scored by 3 judges who shall evaluate the contest from different location around the ring/fighting area. The referee may not be one of the 3 judges.
The 10-Point Must System will be the standard system of scoring a bout. Under the 10-Point Must Scoring System, 10 points must be awarded to the winner of the round and 9 points or less must be awarded to the loser, except for a rare even round, which is scored (10-10).
Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in (c) above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense.
Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.
Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.
Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike.
Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.
The following objective scoring criteria shall be utilized by the judges when scoring a round:
a round is to be scored as a 10-10 round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear dominance in a round;
a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;

a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
a round is to be scored as a 10-7 round when a contestant totally dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
Judges shall use a sliding scale and recognize the length of time the fighters are either standing or on the ground, as follows:
if the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:
Effective grappling is weighed first; and
Effective striking is then weighed
If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:
Effective striking is weighed first; and
Effective grappling is then weighed
A round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.
If a round ends with a relatively even amount of standing and canvas fighting, striking and grappling are weighed equally.

Source:

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

Hard fight to read, i will have to go back and count each and every strike but ive stopped doing that. I look at who seems to be controlling the round, hurting the other guy more, basically winning the fight. Gus was moving well and hitting jones consistently, eating lots of kicks in the process too, stuffing lots of TDs. Seemed like he was better in round 2 and 3, not by much but he seemed in control of the fight right up until that elbow.

Its the same with Shogun Machida, everyone in retrospect says it was razor close. No it wasn't, just because one guy always answers one strike with another doesnt mean the fights level. You can usually tell who is winning the fight.

The 10-Point Must System will be the standard system of scoring a bout. Under the 10-Point Must Scoring System, 10 points must be awarded to the winner of the round and 9 points or less must be awarded to the loser, except for a rare even round, which is scored (10-10).
Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.

Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant. (stats say Jones landed more [barely, I'll call it even just for you] and he clearly landed the most devastating strikes of the round)
Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike. (Again, Jones finished the round as the obvious aggressor, the early minutes were relatively even)
Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks. (Jones rocked Gus and wasn't hurt in the round, clearly winning in the defense category)

The following objective scoring criteria shall be utilized by the judges when scoring a round:
a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers

If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:
Effective striking is weighed first; and
Effective grappling is then weighed
Source:

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

As I said, obvious truths don't need to be sourced, unless you're dealing with a troll (again, you). Jones turned a close round into an easy round to call by giving it a definitive ending. You're the one being guided by emotion if you feel differently.

Feel free to keep trying, I'm sure you were already planning on it..:cool:

Last edited:
As I said, obvious truths don't need to be sourced, unless you're dealing with a troll (again, you). Jones turned a close round into an easy round to call by giving it a definitive ending. You're the one being guided by emotion if you feel differently.

Feel free to keep trying, I'm sure you were already planning on it..:cool:

LOL at obvious truth
What you believe is obvious truth what others can back up and source is emotional triade

LOL at obvious truth
What you believe is obvious truth what others can back up and source is emotional triade

You've still done nothing to disprove my points, and your link did nothing but validate them.. Tryhard more, plz.:cool:

Last edited:
Didn't listen to the audio. Was Joe all over Gus's Nuts?

At the end of round 3, Jones hit Gus with a very clean shot maybe JUST after the whistle... and 3 was a very dominating performance by Jones, who I do not like at all. But it was a Floyd Mayweather, picking Gus apart round... not really doing much damage visibly, but clearly landing most, if not all of the shots, and doing so at will... ending with a clean hard strike.

Rogan then says... Jones is LOSING this fight, and they only hugged Gus' nuts the whole round, even though Jones clearly won the round easily... for me, it was the easiest round to score.

/shrug

That round wasn't a toss up to me.

Round 4 wasn't close or competitive... Gus was beating Jones' ass and got caught with an elbow and rocked... and then ran around and ate 3 more shots, 1 of them clean.

Hardly a show stopper and definitely doesn't negate the 20 or more hard shots Gus hit Jones with... if that is how you see it, Gus won every round but 1 and 5 decisively.

You've still done nothing to disprove my points, and your link did nothing but validate them.. Tryhard more, plz.:cool:

What Point?
I asked source on an opinion you propounded, you could not source anything, hence the opinion remains just that,an opinion, as you know opinions cannot be proved or disproved.

As for my link validating your opinion, i think you need more comprehension skills
So instead of asking me to try hard on a forum maybe you should try harder at school.
I am not disagreeing that Jones landed a hard elbow and a follow up powerful knee but Gustafsson was well on his way to recovery and he stuffed jones' takedown attempt leaving jones on the mat when the round ended.
I have not seen you once address many posts alluding to this aspect.

Back