No major injuries or broken bones for Jones or Gus

2w3p8b8.jpg

Just the ego.

I like this one better

JonesGustafssonLinFighting-602x401.jpg

see this is the racist bullshit that needs to be left at the door. im a jones fan, he's my favorite lhw, but if you cant see why he catches shit, and the only reason that you can come up with is because he's black...then your ignorance speaks for yourself

Another moron using reverse psychology, obviously the truth hurts dont it?

If they eventually became enemies then please explain to me why they did and admit that it must NOT have had anything to do with race since they are both black.

Then please explain to me why a white person could not also be just as capable of noticing those very same issues, which obviously have nothing to do with race seeing as how Evans noticed them as well?

Source? I dont believe any of the shit you are spitting about Rashad and Jones, honestly it sounds like some bullshit you are making up, and its plain and obvious you are ignoring the facts.

So please explain what is so cocky and arrogant about Jones then? Are you saying its because something Rashad said it AFTER THEY WERE FRIENDS AND BECAME ENEMIES? Or are we talking about the thousands and thousands of Shertards that make up and come up with the bullshit they say about Jones every day?

Please explain.

Actually no, I don't. I was referring to the constant accusation that one or another black fighter is "too big for their division". Never heard this complaint about any white fighter in any division, ever. There was even a thread analysing it and everyone agreed that you never hear that about white fighters. Hear about Jon being too big all the time and needing to go to HW, but never heard that complaint about Alex, who is his equal in size.

Must be because he's a gentleman that he's not too big? I think I know what it is, but no need to go there. We're all getting along right just now, so it's fine. Back to the discussion at hand.

Btw - Alex really is a gentleman, though.

:eek: Surely, you jest? Ever heard of this guy named GSP?

Did anyone suggest he was too big for HW and should not be in the division? I don't remember that.

I do think his strength and size helped him, as it helps lots of fighters. But that's different than trying to suggest he should leave the division because he's too big for it.

But I give you credit for trying to be level headed about the claim instead of emotional like some others.

What they suggested is that his best win came against a natural 205lb fighter.

Source? I dont believe any of the shit you are spitting about Rashad and Jones, honestly it sounds like some bullshit you are making up, and its plain and obvious you are ignoring the facts.

So please explain what is so cocky and arrogant about Jones then? Are you saying its because something Rashad said it AFTER THEY WERE FRIENDS AND BECAME ENEMIES? Or are we talking about the thousands and thousands of Shertards that make up and come up with the bullshit they say about Jones every day?

Please explain.

Yeah that's it. I made it all up. I would say that Rashad's comments were pretty racist as well though naturally he tried to deny it.

Here's the link:

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2011/05/23/rashad-evans-calls-jon-jones-a-fake-a-white-boy-controversy-ensues/

I already explained what I meant and I cannot help it if you cannot comprehend that. I cannot do your thinking for you. Rashad Evans said that Jones was fake and they were apparently friends so he would know best wouldn't he? So if Rashad saw that about him why wouldn't fans see it as well? I am not saying it is necessarily true. I am saying that it has nothing to do with race which was the basis of this discussion. I do not know the truth about Jones. But I do know that people have formed opinions about him which have to do with his personality and not race.

You wanted another example of why some people have been rubbed the wrong way by him? I think this is a prime example of being cocky, arrogant and selfish. Maybe he has changed since then but I am not aware? But do not sit there and act like there are no legitimate reasons for people who feel the way that they do.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/15/2277363/ufc-champion-jon-jones-title-belt

UFC Champion Jon Jones Won't Autograph Your Replica Belt

Last edited:
Yeah that's it. I made it all up. I would say that Rashad's comments were pretty racist as well though naturally he tried to deny it.

Here's the link:

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2011/05/23/rashad-evans-calls-jon-jones-a-fake-a-white-boy-controversy-ensues/

I already explained what I meant and I cannot help it if you cannot comprehend that. I cannot do your thinking for you. Rashad Evans said that Jones was fake and they were apparently friends so he would know best wouldn't he? So if Rashad saw that about him why wouldn't fans see it as well? I am not saying it is necessarily true. I am saying that it has nothing to do with race which was the basis of this discussion. I do not know the truth about Jones. But I do know that people have formed opinions about him which have to do with his personality and not race.

You wanted another example of why some people have been rubbed the wrong way by him? I think this is a prime example of being cocky, arrogant and selfish. Maybe he has changed since then but I am not aware? But do not sit there and act like there are no legitimate reasons for people who feel the way that they do.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/15/2277363/ufc-champion-jon-jones-title-belt

UFC Champion Jon Jones Won't Autograph Your Replica Belt

Thanks for posting the link so I didnt have too, as you can see at that time Jones and Rashad WERE NOT FRIENDS, something you failed to comprehend, ( seems like you are the one that have the reading and comprehension problem ) So again how is this suppose to mean or prove anything about Jones being Cocky? Ill give you a hint......................IT DOESNT PROVE SHIT.

People have been calling Jones cocky since he first won the belt from Shogun, THATS WAY BEFORE HIM AND RASHAD EVER FELL OUT. If you wasnt new to sherdog you would have known this. But instead you rather use horrible examples of why this equates to Jones being arrogant and cocky, why cant you accept that he has not been acting arrogant and cocky and thats the shit the Jones haters made up?

Now if you are one of the many Jones haters I understand why you purposely fail to see the truth.

And what excuse do you have for why Rashad recieved so much unwarranted hate? Oh are you gonna say showboating? Something that pretty much every other fighter did. Rashad was a very humble fighter but that obviously didnt work now did it? Im sure you will find some stupid link that proves absolutely nothing AGAIN.

The link about Jones not signing some belt does not have a damn thing to do with him being cocky or arrogant, Sorry you couldnt figure that out first.

Then why was a thread deleted the other day due to racist comments in it aimed at Jones? This isen't the first time it's happened either. Is it just possible there ARE posters here who are racist and make it known in whatever slick way they can? OH, this is a racism free utopia, yes? Is that what you're saying. Are people honestly saying there are never racist and veiled racist comments aimed at Jones In ANY of his threads? If not, why are the threads deleted then for containing racist comments? The simple fact is when people are being racist there is no race card. What you have is a truth that some of you seem to want to overlook because you either do not care, or are part of the problem itself.

Well said.
Id add-
Its pretty shocking the number of racist comments and threads on this forum.
The moderators are quite good at deleting them, if they didnt it would be overwhelmingly sickening.

It's discouraging that in 2013 so much hate can be generated towards a successful athlete, or any person because of the pigment of their skin. But sadly the mma fanbase is not the most culturally advanced, yet.

Thanks for posting the link so I didnt have too, as you can see at that time Jones and Rashad WERE NOT FRIENDS, something you failed to comprehend, ( seems like you are the one that have the reading and comprehension problem ) So again how is this suppose to mean or prove anything about Jones being Cocky? Ill give you a hint......................IT DOESNT PROVE SHIT.

People have been calling Jones cocky since he first won the belt from Shogun, THATS WAY BEFORE HIM AND RASHAD EVER FELL OUT. If you wasnt new to sherdog you would have known this. But instead you rather use horrible examples of why this equates to Jones being arrogant and cocky, why cant you accept that he has not been acting arrogant and cocky and thats the shit the Jones haters made up?

Now if you are one of the many Jones haters I understand why you purposely fail to see the truth.

And what excuse do you have for why Rashad recieved so much unwarranted hate? Oh are you gonna say showboating? Something that pretty much every other fighter did. Rashad was a very humble fighter but that obviously didnt work now did it? Im sure you will find some stupid link that proves absolutely nothing AGAIN.

The link about Jones not signing some belt does not have a damn thing to do with him being cocky or arrogant, Sorry you couldnt figure that out first.

How does that change anything? Was there ever a debate about whether or not they were friends at the time? Who would call a friend fake? The fact of the matter is that at one point the two of them were friends and they regularly trained together. Regardless Rashad is still entitled to an opinion. The bigger point is how can it be about race when black people have said it as well? You struggle terribly with reading comprehension because I have said at least TWICE now that I do not necessarily agree with people's characterizations of Jones. I just said that there are legitimate reasons for why some might believe that which have nothing to do with race. Do I have to repeat it yet again or will it finally sink in to your head this time? You insisted that I provide an example anyway so I did just that. Because you could not refute it you simply decided not to accept what I had offered. Jones refused to sign replica belts for kids who were fans. How in the hell is that not an act of pure arrogance? What would you call that since you seem to believe that you have all of the answers? When is the last time that you heard of a professional athlete refusing to sign a jersey for a kid in any other sport? You are in complete denial and that is all that it comes down to. You are just a blind Jones supporter and apologist.

Give me a specific example of what overwhelming hate that you are talking about with Rashad? When he runs his mouth talking about 'fake white-boy' what the hell do you expect people to think? Quit making excuses for everyone just because you cannot handle the reality. You honestly believe that people do not hate white fighters like Sonnen as well? All that he does is put on a provocative character to generate interest in fights just like Floyd Mayweather does and yet so many people cannot seem to handle that. Should we assume that is racism as well? Or does this argument always only work conveniently in your favor?

Saying the word 'shit' over and over again doesn't lend credibility to your arguments.

From now on I guess we should just assume that everything is racist right? Would that make you feel better? Is that what you want? For Christ's sake man get over it!

Last edited:
How does that change anything? Was there ever a debate about whether or not they were friends at the time? Who would call a friend fake? The fact of the matter is that at one point the two of them were friends and they regularly trained together. Regardless Rashad is still entitled to an opinion. The bigger point is how can it be about race when black people have said it as well? You struggle terribly with reading comprehension because I have said at least TWICE now that I do not necessarily agree with people's characterizations of Jones. I just said that there are legitimate reasons for why some might believe that which have nothing to do with race. Do I have to repeat it yet again or will it finally sink in to your head this time? You insisted that I provide an example anyway so I did just that. Because you could not refute it you simply decided not to accept what I had offered. Jones refused to sign replica belts for kids who were fans. How in the hell is that not an act of pure arrogance? What would you call that since you seem to believe that you have all of the answers? When is the last time that you heard of a professional athlete refusing to sign a jersey for a kid in any other sport? You are in complete denial and that is all that it comes down to. You are just a blind Jones supporter and apologist.

Give me a specific example of what overwhelming hate that you are talking about with Rashad? When he runs his mouth talking about 'fake white-boy' what the hell do you expect people to think? Quit making excuses for everyone just because you cannot handle the reality. You honestly believe that people do not hate white fighters like Sonnen as well? All that he does is put on a provocative character to generate interest in fights just like Floyd Mayweather does and yet so many people cannot seem to handle that. Should we assume that is racism as well? Or does this argument always only work conveniently in your favor?

Saying the word 'shit' over and over again doesn't lend credibility to your arguments.

From now on I guess we should just assume that everything is racist right? Would that make you feel better? Is that what you want? For Christ's sake man get over it!

And when you get done crying, you still have not proved shit besides disagreeing with the truth, You already proved you cant handle it, Like I already said you will twist and turn things around like its not happening the way it is, Do you really think I suppose to fall for this reverse psychology crap you specialize in?

You still have not said what makes Jones cocky or arrogant besides him not signing a belt, seriously? Why is it called arrogant or cocky? Couldnt it be called ignorant, selfish, jerk or something else? AGAIN you used a terrible example because deep down inside you had no answer, now you mad raging because your having personal difficulties in a MMA discussion. You would have been better off admitting you just cant answer the question and made yourself look less stupid.

And is that really your reason why Rashad should have had the unwarranted hate he has recieved? Another poor example by you, people hated on Rashad for no reason, alot of threads that have been posted about him was always something negative towards him or ways to discredit him, its pathetic, its not so bad now like it use to compared to back then.

And yea speaking of Sonnen, he talks more shit than any fighter in the history of MMA and have said negative things about people and HE GETS PRAISED FOR IT, I have to give you props you actually gave a example that makes sense but its working against you and benefiting me. seriously where do you people come from? its a epidemic of you trolls on Sherdog.

I wasn't "making it about race". I was mentioning an interesting statistic/fact about MMA fans in general. That if a fighter is called out to move up divisions because he's too big in MMA, he's black. Not Asian, not Hispanic, not white.

That's not "making it about" anything. It's a simple statement of fact which IS ACTUALLY confined to MMA. It has nothing to do with boxing, gold mining or carpet weaving, it's actually ONLY about MMA fans!

With all your "statistics" and "facts" you must be a certified scientician.
Keep trying to defend your position though.

So eager to pull out the race card, do you want to know the real reason people criticize Jon Jones and not Gus? It's because Gustafsson is humble, and comes across as a gentleman. Jon Jones is hypocritical and puts on a false front, and everyone in the media tries to make the wolf bigger than it really it is.

Actually I think most people do think Gus needs to move up as well. The only reason people have been okay with Gus and Davis being lower is because the champ is their size. Now it seems abundantly clear that Jones was just the first to use that frame/bodytype to exploit the literal shortcoming of smaller 205ers.

If it weren't for the pure lack of heavyweight talent, they could just make a quality cruiserweight division. A murderers row of Gus, Jones, Tex, Barry, Schaub, Cain, Cardio-Mir, Nelson, Cormier, Big Nog etc.. would be so much fun to watch.

Serious question, did they honestly get the all clear from the brain scans ?

From watching the fight I honestly thought both would get 6-9 month medical suspensions.

Yep

Mike Winkeljohn (@mmacoachwink): Jon Jones showed true grit tonight fighting through a badly injured foot, possibly shattered.. early on in the fight

Team Jackson damage control.

This is dumb. Jones could barely walk right after the fight. It isn't ridiculous at all to assume Jones hurt something bad.

Amazing photo. This is an instant classic. Shad-face, Lyoto-face, Hendo H-bomb on Bisping...this is easily in that category. Rejoice, Jones-haters!

I love it....Jones should've lost that decision too though

Back