No major injuries or broken bones for Jones or Gus

I thought Jones had a shattered foot? Didn't I read that somewhere?

I thought Jones had a shattered foot? Didn't I read that somewhere?

Yep

Mike Winkeljohn (@mmacoachwink): Jon Jones showed true grit tonight fighting through a badly injured foot, possibly shattered.. early on in the fight

Team Jackson damage control.

So Jones has no excuse. He got the shit kicked out of him by an "unknown" Swede and walked away (more like hobbled) with a phantom title.

Gus is the People's Champ.

2w3p8b8.jpg

Just the ego.

So Jones has no excuse. He got the shit kicked out of him by an "unknown" Swede and walked away (more like hobbled) with a phantom title.

Gus was not unknown, unless you have been only following MMA from Foxsports or the like.

Gus was not unknown, unless you have been only following MMA from Foxsports or the like.

That's why I put it in quotations. He might as well have been unknown. Hardly anyone gave him a shot at winning this, casual and hardcore fans alike.

Yep

Mike Winkeljohn (@mmacoachwink): Jon Jones showed true grit tonight fighting through a badly injured foot, possibly shattered.. early on in the fight

Team Jackson damage control.

Its not damage control, they have overstate his injury when he looked amazing also. Did it with his toe, his arm with Vitor, and when he was limping after fighting Rampage and they thought he hurt something.

No, he has a foot injury. I began to feel that way when he was leaning on his team to make him able to walk. I felt that since he wasn't able to walk on his own, it might be fair to call his foot troubles an injury.

Glad it's not shattered, but from how he hobbled, it must have been badly hurt when he hit Gus with it.

And he fought 4 rounds with a foot he couldn't walk on.

Can you say "championship spirit"?

If not, just stare at that GIF of him hobbling out of the ring and think of how he never let on to that injury during the fight. Now you can say "championship spirit"!

No, he has a foot injury. I began to feel that way when he was leaning on his team to make him able to walk. I felt that since he wasn't able to walk on his own, it might be fair to call his foot troubles an injury.

Glad it's not shattered, but from how he hobbled, it must have been badly hurt when he hit Gus with it.

And he fought 4 rounds with a foot he couldn't walk on.

Can you say "championship spirit"?

If not, just stare at that GIF of him hobbling out of the ring and think of how he never let on to that injury during the fight. Now you can say "championship spirit"!

Nah, people will never give him his due credit.

Amazing that JoJo's elbow is still intact.

Yeah, those elbows he landed at the end of the 4th and during the 5th round were brutal. How Gus took them without getting knocked out is beyond me

Nah, people will never give him his due credit.

#shouldhavebeenbornwhite

Funny, nobody said Gus was "too big" for his division. Oh, right. He's WAS born white.... mma fans, gotta love the little buggers.....

#shouldhavebeenbornwhite

Funny, nobody said Gus was "too big" for his division. Oh, right. He's WAS born white.... mma fans, gotta love the little buggers.....

try a little harder, please?

good, when i seen jon limping out of the cage i thought we were about to have a problem. i wonder if his toe still bugs him? seems like an injury that will never fully heal

Back