No major injuries or broken bones for Jones or Gus

#shouldhavebeenbornwhite

Funny, nobody said Gus was "too big" for his division. Oh, right. He's WAS born white.... mma fans, gotta love the little buggers.....

Lol you're a born loser. Probably sit boiling with envy all day looking at successful white men while you curse your own skin color.

Lmao

I can take your point about p4p because Cain might be top 2 as well. Good point. So might Barao. But in terms of wins earned, I'd go Silva and Jones. So far.

I'm sorry about any attacks on any humans that were unprovoked. I don't support mob attacks, racist or otherwise.

Please notice I'm not denying that blacks or anybody else can be racist. I was simply saying I notice that I get a lot more racial bias in MMA discussions than in regular discussions.

That's all I was saying. I never said whites were uniquely racist, or the only ones who attack other races, etc. I also mentioned Pantera fans in particular since we were already engaged in a race discussion and when I see Pantera I link it in my memory with the racists skinhead attacks in support of Pantera.

That has nothing to do with whites IN GENERAL or race IN GENERAL.

So you won't see me denying or defending black OR white racism (or any other for that matter). I just feel like there was a lot of denial of any racial motivation going on when that's simply the world we live in.

But it's whatever. Let's talk about fighting now.

It is of my personal opinion that the heavyweight division is by far the most difficult to remain undefeated in because so many fighters have the one-punch KO power with the additional weight/power behind it. I am not sure about the actual numbers but which weight class statistically speaking delivers the most knockouts? Does anyone know? I would guess that it is the HW division. That is the main reason that I do not really rely upon counting wins between fighters of differing weight classes. I could admittedly be wrong about that though.

We do need to have a national dialogue about race relations in this country. I just do not believe that this is the place although we are knee deep in it now. I am kind to whoever is kind to me. I quite often hold the door open in public places for elderly people of every race and I am not looking for a pat on the back for it either. I must say that I have never heard of a single incident of skinhead attacks being caused by Pantera. Did you know that Kanye West has a song called 'Black Skinhead'?

#shouldhavebeenbornwhite

Funny, nobody said Gus was "too big" for his division. Oh, right. He's WAS born white.... mma fans, gotta love the little buggers.....

This is an interesting point minus the race baiting

It is of my personal opinion that the heavyweight division is by far the most difficult to remain undefeated in because so many fighters have the one-punch KO power with the additional weight/power behind it. I am not sure about the actual numbers but which weight class statistically speaking delivers the most knockouts? Does anyone know? I would guess that it is the HW division. That is the main reason that I do not really rely upon counting wins between fighters of differing weight classes. I could admittedly be wrong about that though.

We do need to have a national dialogue about race relations in this country. I just do not believe that this is the place although we are knee deep in it now. I am kind to whoever is kind to me. I quite often hold the door open in public places for elderly people of every race and I am not looking for a pat on the back for it either. I must say that I have never heard of a single incident of skinhead attacks being caused by Pantera. Did you know that Kanye West has a song called 'Black Skinhead'?

I'm not a Kanye fan but that's a dope track. I do the same for people of all races as well, and obviously you can tell that I don't love racism to ANYONE. I don't support black on white racism any more than the reverse.

Anyway, I've made peace with Sivo and now you, so let's just form a community group or something.

Lol you're a born loser. Probably sit boiling with envy all day looking at successful white men while you curse your own skin color.

Lmao

Absolutely. Because in Toronto we don't have any established, successful minorities, so I just look after white men all day and lust after their always-attendant wealth.

Some of you say such stupid things when trying to sound above it all.

All this internet posturing. Is this where I bet I make more money than you??

1049640-thread_hijack_live.jpg

I'm not a Kanye fan but that's a dope track. I do the same for people of all races as well, and obviously you can tell that I don't love racism to ANYONE. I don't support black on white racism any more than the reverse.

Anyway, I've made peace with Sivo and now you, so let's just form a community group or something.

I am all for peace.

saying shit like theres no racism in n.america in a sarcastic tone sure does make me want too.

That wasn't directed at you. I was saying we've made peace so surely America can.

I don't want you to back out. You seem pretty reasonable. That's a rare thing on Sherdog.

I also made friends with pissedyouoff so if you stay, you'll be in good company.

I have an odd sense of humour, but I found you sensible and reasonable and honestly have no disrespect for you.

Absolutely. Because in Toronto we don't have any established, successful minorities, so I just look after white men all day and lust after their always-attendant wealth.

Some of you say such stupid things when trying to sound above it all.

All this internet posturing. Is this where I bet I make more money than you??

Yup.

And then he bets you don't. Lists his job title and links you to the average salary on glassdoor.com

People who think jones gets hate because he is black are stupid IMO ( sure there would be a small minority out there that is racist tho ) We are in the business of fighting. Race is meaningless in combat, regardless of your ethnic background we all put in the same effort in training and anyone who steps into the cage deserves respect. There would be a similar group that hate Gus for being white as there is that hates jones for being black... IMO both groups can fuck off cause they aren't needed in this sport go back to ya klan rally or ya black panthers party, just stay away from mma. Also I guarantee those that don't respect jones ( or gus ) don't fight!
I'm not a bones fan ( still have huge respect for him tho ) but im not a fan because of his attitude and I hate being thrown in a box with "racist fans " that are the vast minority it pisses me off! And believe it or not people who say EVERYONE that doesn't like jones is racist are just about as racist as the " jones haters " !

If it is only about race then why did Evans who is black reach essentially the same conclusion as some white people? Is Evans a self-loathing black man or something? Maybe Jones has indeed said and done some things which have rubbed people the wrong way? Why is that so hard to accept?

Oh you talking about after they stopped friends and became enemies? Now put that together and tell me you dont have your answer?

That was a horrible example that you used.

That wasn't directed at you. I was saying we've made peace so surely America can.

I don't want you to back out. You seem pretty reasonable. That's a rare thing on Sherdog.

I also made friends with pissedyouoff so if you stay, you'll be in good company.

I have an odd sense of humour, but I found you sensible and reasonable and honestly have no disrespect for you.

aight

This is what I was talking about earlier.

http://www.fightmagazine.com/mma-magazine/size-matters-874/

Heavyweights score more knockouts, almost three times the rate of lightweights. A graph using only weight classes to predict KO/TKO finishes showed a direct correlation between weight and knockouts, validating this key relationship. Spanning the 110-pound journey from lightweight to heavyweight almost triples the rate at which TKOs occur. That

People who think jones gets hate because he is black are stupid IMO ( sure there would be a small minority out there that is racist tho ) We are in the business of fighting. Race is meaningless in combat, regardless of your ethnic background we all put in the same effort in training and anyone who steps into the cage deserves respect. There would be a similar group that hate Gus for being white as there is that hates jones for being black... IMO both groups can fuck off cause they aren't needed in this sport go back to ya klan rally or ya black panthers party, just stay away from mma. Also I guarantee those that don't respect jones ( or gus ) don't fight!
I'm not a bones fan ( still have huge respect for him tho ) but im not a fan because of his attitude and I hate being thrown in a box with "racist fans " that are the vast minority it pisses me off! And believe it or not people who say EVERYONE that doesn't like jones is racist are just about as racist as the " jones haters " !

agree with everything you said, except im a jones fan haha, but other than that, spot on

I have no reason to suspect you of being racist. I didn't like Jones originally either, even when I met him. But he's matured and grown on me.

I think Jones will always get more flack than if he were white and I think in MMA that's just how it is today, given the fan demographic. For now. I don't think it's even for all races. Given the fan demographic. For now.

But I agree with you, it has no place. Join our community group. Sivo, pissedyouoff and I are forming a group that preaches Sherdog love and tolerance.

Oh you talking about after they stopped friends and became enemies? Now put that together and tell me you dont have your answer?

That was a horrible example that you used.

If they eventually became enemies then please explain to me why they did and admit that it must NOT have had anything to do with race since they are both black.

Then please explain to me why a white person could not also be just as capable of noticing those very same issues, which obviously have nothing to do with race seeing as how Evans noticed them as well?

Good, book the rematch on the same night Barao fights Cruz. That card would sell huge in vegas.

Back