no gi JJ

Believe it or not, the gracie diet is not scientifically proven to do anything. It's just basically a fad type diet that wasn't popular.

Believe it or not you completely missed my point. I wasn't talking about one single post...i.e. the gracie diet.

I don't piss on you for your lack of religion, I don't think I should have to endure your pissing on me for my having one.

I could call you a nut for believing in absolutely nothing, but I haven't done so. I'd expect the same courtesy but I know how militant and nasty atheists can be, so I know I won't receive it. Thanks for proving my point.

You could just say "I don't eat pork because I'm Muslim/Jewish/whatever" and we'd be like "Oh, ok."

You could just say "I don't eat pork because I'm Muslim/Jewish/whatever" and we'd be like "Oh, ok."

I'm neither Islamic nor Jewish, I simply don't eat pork because I've read the entire bible and believe that a Christian is obligated to abide by the entire bible, and I don't eat pork, I observe all of the dietary laws, feast days, jubilees, etc. I don't celebrate Christmas or Easter because Jesus never did so and He never said to do so. I celebrate the days He celebrated, such as Passover. If He thought His birthday was so important as to warrant being celebrated for eternity, He'd have told His followers to mark the day and celebrate it.

I could say, "I don't eat pork because I'm a Christian" but then 95-97% of people who self-identify as Christians (despite having only a basic/cursory understanding of a few limited portions of the bible, maybe some of the psalms, a bit of the Gospel of Mark, perhaps some of Revelation) would say, "but I'm a Christian and I eat pork, there's nothing wrong with pork" and it would start a huge debate that won't ever end.

It will have to be sufficient for me to say that I've read the entire bible and I am trying hard to live the entirety of the Law. One example being interest, you'll never wind up owing me interest if you ask me for money and I lend you some (as opposed to just giving you the amount and telling you to put it to good use- which may very well happen). I don't believe in interest because it is condemned, I don't believe in being idle/slothful because it is condemned, I don't believe in the state usurping the parent's authority over children because it is plainly stated a father owns his children and can have a violent/unruly/profligate/worthless son put to death if it becomes necessary (for instance, striking a parent is a capital offense in the bible, the punishment is death by stoning- the parent has the right to exercise that punishment, although mercy is generally praised as a virtue, but that right does exist).

I could go into all those details and get into huge debate after huge debate, but I'll just give the summary and say I'm trying my best to live the law and keep myself clean and pure, and to do as commanded towards my fellows, He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth God require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I shouldn't be condemned for my abstaining from pork. If somebody wants to debate on the health merits or health issues of pork, that's great, we can have that debate, it may be productive, indeed if somebody wants to show me any evidence they have that pork is safe to eat, I'll read it and offer my rebuttal, but I won't ever be swayed to the point of eating pork. I take my religion very seriously, but I'm up for debating the biological/health issues of pork.

I'm neither Islamic nor Jewish, I simply don't eat pork because I've read the entire bible and believe that a Christian is obligated to abide by the entire bible, and I don't eat pork, I observe all of the dietary laws, feast days, jubilees, etc. I don't celebrate Christmas or Easter because Jesus never did so and He never said to do so. I celebrate the days He celebrated, such as Passover. If He thought His birthday was so important as to warrant being celebrated for eternity, He'd have told His followers to mark the day and celebrate it.

I could say, "I don't eat pork because I'm a Christian" but then 95-97% of people who self-identify as Christians (despite having only a basic/cursory understanding of a few limited portions of the bible, maybe some of the psalms, a bit of the Gospel of Mark, perhaps some of Revelation) would say, "but I'm a Christian and I eat pork, there's nothing wrong with pork" and it would start a huge debate that won't ever end.

It will have to be sufficient for me to say that I've read the entire bible and I am trying hard to live the entirety of the Law. One example being interest, you'll never wind up owing me interest if you ask me for money and I lend you some (as opposed to just giving you the amount and telling you to put it to good use- which may very well happen). I don't believe in interest because it is condemned, I don't believe in being idle/slothful because it is condemned, I don't believe in the state usurping the parent's authority over children because it is plainly stated a father owns his children and can have a violent/unruly/profligate/worthless son put to death if it becomes necessary (for instance, striking a parent is a capital offense in the bible, the punishment is death by stoning- the parent has the right to exercise that punishment, although mercy is generally praised as a virtue, but that right does exist).

I could go into all those details and get into huge debate after huge debate, but I'll just give the summary and say I'm trying my best to live the law and keep myself clean and pure, and to do as commanded towards my fellows, He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth God require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I shouldn't be condemned for my abstaining from pork. If somebody wants to debate on the health merits or health issues of pork, that's great, we can have that debate, it may be productive, indeed if somebody wants to show me any evidence they have that pork is safe to eat, I'll read it and offer my rebuttal, but I won't ever be swayed to the point of eating pork. I take my religion very seriously, but I'm up for debating the biological/health issues of pork.

I wish I was smart enough to believe a fictional novel and fictional character should dictate my life. I'm glad when I was 6 I realized there were not such thing as invisible friends. It's a shame you still think you have them.

Comte-ignore the kiddo who's got life all figured out. He needs to go ahead and do eveything now while hes still young and knows everything. I respect your view of pork based on religion but I do not agree with it scientifically at all.

We could both go digging up research to prove each other wrong, but neither of us would change each others mind so we can just agree to disagree and continue living life.

Cometo-ignore the kiddo who's got life all figured out. He needs to go ahead and do eveything now while hes still young and knows everything. I respect your view of pork based on religion but I do not agree with it scientifically at all.

We could both go digging up research to prove each other wrong, but neither of us would change each others mind so we can just agree to disagree and continue living life.

If you think I have all of life figured you, I thank you for thinking that I'm that much smarter than you are. However, I can assure you I don't.

First of all, being a religious person you should realize why we shouldn't turn the grappling forum into a religion debate.
Also, you are talking Old Testament. If I am not mistaken, in the new testament God blessed all creatures and made them clean.
So stick with your theory about the parasites and it also not being the healthiest food available to keep people on the subject.

I wish I was smart enough to believe a fictional novel and fictional character should dictate my life. I'm glad when I was 6 I realized there were not such thing as invisible friends. It's a shame you still think you have them.

And you are just way out of line kid. No one wants your piss poor opinion on religion. I'm behind Nate in wondering how you became such an expert on every single subject that comes up in here. Who are you? What have you accomplished? Why should anyone listen to you?
I have watched your post count practically double this past week and I would say about 25 - 30% of them have actually been contributory. The rest are you just telling everyone else that they are wrong about something. If I didn't have anything better to do that sit on sherdog and post all day, and loved BJJ like you supposedly do, I would use that spare time to be out training. Not starting wars on the interwebz.

Comte-ignore the kiddo who's got life all figured out. He needs to go ahead and do eveything now while hes still young and knows everything. I respect your view of pork based on religion but I do not agree with it scientifically at all.

Yeah, some folks are rebelling against everything because they think pointless rebellion is in style, but I rebelled against rebelling. :icon_twis

I hope we can both agree that venison is awesome, lean, healthy, and worth the time it takes to obtain. :icon_chee

First of all, being a religious person you should realize why we shouldn't turn the grappling forum into a religion debate.
Also, you are talking Old Testament. If I am not mistaken, in the new testament God blessed all creatures and made them clean.
So stick with your theory about the parasites and it also not being the healthiest food available to keep people on the subject.

And you are just way out of line kid. No one wants your piss poor opinion on religion. I'm behind Nate in wondering how you became such an expert on every single subject that comes up in here. Who are you? What have you accomplished? Why should anyone listen to you?
I have watched your post count practically double this past week and I would say about 25 - 30% of them have actually been contributory. The rest are you just telling everyone else that they are wrong about something. If I didn't have anything better to do that sit on sherdog and post all day, and loved BJJ like you supposedly do, I would use that spare time to be out training. Not starting wars on the interwebz.

Hey it's a forum moron, it's designed to let members share their opinions.

Stop crying and just ignore me if you don't like my posts.

I can't train for a few weeks because of an injury.

To author - sorry about off-topic, but if we speak about meat consumption and Scriptures - here is what I believe:

"Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant." (Genesis 9:3)

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer." (I Timothy 4:1-5)

And check out Acts 10

Basically - the whole Old Testament law is for Jews to observe. If you do not still live by it, feel free to eat anything that your common sense allows :)

Yeah, some folks are rebelling against everything because they think pointless rebellion is in style, but I rebelled against rebelling. :icon_twis

I hope we can both agree that venison is awesome, lean, healthy, and worth the time it takes to obtain. :icon_chee

Yep I love me some venison, but right next to my crispy thick cut bacon haha.

All in good fun.

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer." (I Timothy 4:1-5)

That is a reference to the Roman Catholic Church and how they forbid the clergy to marry and how they demand that people abstain from meat on Fridays or Fridays during Lent, or during the whole of Lent (their position changes too often to keep track of it).

Anybody who is not a head of a household, with a wife and children (obedient children not accused of riot/mischief) is not fit to be an elder. Priests swear an oath of chastity (in violation of Matthew chapter 5 which states to never swear an oath) and they have no families, so they are not fit to be clergy.

I like how this thread degraded itself horribly to a religious debate. How pathetic.

To author - sorry about off-topic, but if we speak about meat consumption and Scriptures - here is what I believe:

Leviticus 11:11

They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

We could be here all day trading verses back and forth.

"Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant." (Genesis 9:3)

And check out Acts 10

Basically - the whole Old Testament law is for Jews to observe. If you do not still live by it, feel free to eat anything that your common sense allows :)

We should start a thread to discuss/debate the merits of steak vs pork, venison vs pork, venison vs steak, etc...

I would say that venison is probably the best meat that you could eat in terms of how clean and lean it is, along with the nutrients.

The white-tail deer is an incredibly clean and efficient animal.

I like how this thread degraded itself horribly to a religious debate. How pathetic.

Yeah, it has somewhat moved from the original topic, but I believe the OP would agree I gave an ample answer to his question and his question has pretty much been answered. If I'm not willing to debate to show the validity of the suggestions I made, then I'd just be blowing hot air.

Some things have to be debated, but perhaps we should start new threads for them.

I'm neither Islamic nor Jewish, I simply don't eat pork because I've read the entire bible and believe that a Christian is obligated to abide by the entire bible...

So I have a few questions:

First of all Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." (New International Version)

Do you believe that a rape victim should be obligated to marry the perpetrator of the rape simply because he can afford to pay 50 silver pieces to her father for the value of her hymen?

Also, Leviticus 25:44-46 says: "However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."

Do you think this applies to us today? I mean can I purchase a Mexican or Canadian child as a slave? If so, what do you believe a fair price would be?

Also - is your wardrobe compliant? Leviticus 19:11 says: "Do not wear clothes made of two kinds of material". In fact, this is an offense punishable by death. Have you ever just picked up a rock and thrown it at someone that was sinning by wearing a cotton blend or GASP! polyester?

How's your hair? Do you have a beard and long Hasidic Sideburns? You better because that's another death worthy offense. Leviticus 19:27 says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." - so I sincerely hope that you're rocking the Payot because that's in the bible too.

Back