no gi JJ

So I have a few questions:

First of all Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." (New International Version)

Do you believe that a rape victim should be obligated to marry the perpetrator of the rape simply because he can afford to pay 50 silver pieces to her father for the value of her hymen?

What you have read out of Deuteronomy is a mistranslation and a misunderstanding... The scene that is being described is if a man finds a virgin who is not pledged to be married to some man, and he gets her to go to bed with him and they are discovered, he has to marry her (unless the father doesn't approve of him, in which case it is possible that he might be killed for injuring the father by taking the daughter's virginity).

Scripture addresses the issue of rape in other areas, with it explicitly stated that it is a capital offense. However, scripture also makes it clear that if it was genuinely a rape, a woman is expected to fight back, resist, and if possible, call for assistance, otherwise it might not have been a genuine rape and she might just be claiming rape to avoid being made to answer for her infidelity.

Also, Leviticus 25:44-46 says: "However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."

Do you think this applies to us today? I mean can I purchase a Mexican or Canadian child as a slave? If so, what do you believe a fair price would be?

If you find some Taliban POW or an illegal alien who has no rights (historically illegal aliens were killed, as in the case of Ancient Egypt) that you think would work well in your mining operation, farm, etc, then by all means. I can't tell you what a fair price is and I can't give you a market rate, because there is no market rate.

Also - is your wardrobe compliant? Leviticus 19:11 says: "Do not wear clothes made of two kinds of material". In fact, this is an offense punishable by death. Have you ever just picked up a rock and thrown it at someone that was sinning by wearing a cotton blend or GASP! polyester?

Leviticus 19:11 actually states...

Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

How's your hair? Do you have a beard and long Hasidic Sideburns? You better because that's another death worthy offense. Leviticus 19:27 says "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." - so I sincerely hope that you're rocking the Payot because that's in the bible too.

That's a cultural issue you clearly don't understand because you've never studied the societies of antiquity. The offense is making your hair/beard resemble that of the pagan priests of Egypt and paying homage, through your hairstyle/beard style to those pagan deities.

You're allowed to abstain from having a beard by totally shaving it, which would negate the opportunity to trim the edges off of your beard.

Basically it is saying, "do not get a pagan haircut like the Egyptians" but you don't recognize it as that because your knowledge of ancient Egypt is lacking.

Leviticus 19:11 actually states...

Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.

The verse is actually Deuteronomy 22:11 and also found at Leviticus 19:19. The point still remains. This bible verse makes cotton blends and polyester an offense punishable by death. Do you follow this part of the bible?

What you have read out of Deuteronomy is a mistranslation and a misunderstanding... The scene that is being described is if a man finds a virgin who is not pledged to be married to some man, and he gets her to go to bed with him and they are discovered, he has to marry her (unless the father doesn't approve of him, in which case it is possible that he might be killed for injuring the father by taking the daughter's virginity).

Scripture addresses the issue of rape in other areas, with it explicitly stated that it is a capital offense. However, scripture also makes it clear that if it was genuinely a rape, a woman is expected to fight back, resist, and if possible, call for assistance, otherwise it might not have been a genuine rape and she might just be claiming rape to avoid being made to answer for her infidelity.

What credentials do you have to make the statement that it is a mistranslation? Are you more qualified than the scholars who worked on the NIV?

If you find some Taliban POW or an illegal alien who has no rights (historically illegal aliens were killed, as in the case of Ancient Egypt) that you think would work well in your mining operation, farm, etc, then by all means. I can't tell you what a fair price is and I can't give you a market rate, because there is no market rate.

The point is that slavery is clearly condoned in the bible. The more secular (i.e less tied to religious superstition) our societies become the more atrocious things like slavery, rape and genocide become. To follow the bible literally is to believe that genocide, rape and slavery are justifiable.

It's like the question:

If God tells you it's permissible to rape and kill children does it become ok to do so, or is God wrong?

We know that killing and raping children is wrong and it wouldn't matter if God said it was ok. If God said it was permissible he would be wrong - because we don't get our morals from 'him'. Morals are established by societies and typically are designed to protect those inside ones own group. There is a very clear evolutionary reason for the development of morals.

That's a cultural issue you clearly don't understand because you've never studied the societies of antiquity. The offense is making your hair/beard resemble that of the pagan priests of Egypt and paying homage, through your hairstyle/beard style to those pagan deities.

You're allowed to abstain from having a beard by totally shaving it, which would negate the opportunity to trim the edges off of your beard.

Basically it is saying, "do not get a pagan haircut like the Egyptians" but you don't recognize it as that because your knowledge of ancient Egypt is lacking.

I could say that the prohibition against pork was because of less sanitary conditions and that with the advances in refrigeration and food handling that we no longer have to follow the prohibition on pork.

You are interpreting a passage even though the language is very direct and really not open to any interpretation if one were "Obligated to abide by the entire bible..."

The point is that you like everyone pick and chose the portions of the bible you choose to listen to and more offensively the portions of the bible you chose to pass judgment on when it concerns the lives of others.

The bible is a collection of myths and desert prejudices and superstitions. It was an early and unsuccessful attempt by men of limited knowledge and education to explain the world around them, but a successful attempt at mind control and consolidating power. You are more than welcome to live by these words and form your opinions and moral code from that book. Just don't act like your opinions have any more validity than someone that bases their morality off of any other 'holy book' or any other work of fiction.

The point is that you like everyone pick and chose the portions of the bible you choose to listen to and more offensively the portions of the bible you chose to pass judgment on when it concerns the lives of others.

well said.

he is following some of the stuff that he likes i.e pork meat.

but then other stuffs, he is suddenlly an expert and give it his own spin on it. meaning changing thing that are writing.

wasteland!

I'm sorry for prolonging this ridiculous thread. I'll take responsibility for that and apologize.

But my point was that he's picking and choosing just like every theist or religious person does with their holy book.

I'm done - honest.

I like no gi jujitsu! Umm I like pork, and I like caffeine. I also like god. Please do not crucify me.

More to the point I think OP was asking for help losing some weight. I personally. Diet hard six days a week, take a day off, and repeat. I try to run anywhere from 1 mile to 2.5 miles 4-6 times a week.

Roll hard for an hour plus 2-4 times a week and drill and lift weights hard 2-3 times a week!

The verse is actually Deuteronomy 22:11 and also found at Leviticus 19:19. The point still remains. This bible verse makes cotton blends and polyester an offense punishable by death. Do you follow this part of the bible?

Weaving two fabrics together was an old pagan ritual done by pagans, I'm not a pagan. Also, I believe the issue pertaining to clothing refers to the priesthood, and I'm not of the priesthood.

If somebody is engaging in anything for the sake of a pagan ritual, divination, sorcery, witchcraft, etc, they should be punished accordingly.

What credentials do you have to make the statement that it is a mistranslation? Are you more qualified than the scholars who worked on the NIV?

Since the NIV is politicized garbage and trash I am more qualified to speak on the matter than they are.

What are your ancient Greek and/or Hebrew language skills?

We could sit hear arguing all night, but it won't change anything, the NIV is garbage.

The point is that slavery is clearly condoned in the bible.

Of course the bible condones slavery, who said it doesn't?

What about it? I never said it wasn't and I never said I see a problem with the scripture. The bible condoning slavery doesn't impact me and it won't because I don't plan on going to war with any other nation... But if some nation were to attack us, we'd be in our rights to take as many slaves as we want from their nation after we smash them to pieces.

The point is that slavery is clearly condoned in the bible. The more secular (i.e less tied to religious superstition) our societies become the more atrocious things like slavery, rape and genocide become. To follow the bible literally is to believe that genocide, rape and slavery are justifiable.

It's like the question:

If God tells you it's permissible to rape and kill children does it become ok to do so, or is God wrong?

We know that killing and raping children is wrong and it wouldn't matter if God said it was ok. If God said it was permissible he would be wrong - because we don't get our morals from 'him'. Morals are established by societies and typically are designed to protect those inside ones own group. There is a very clear evolutionary reason for the development of morals.

God said when you make war you utterly obliterate your enemies, it doesn't matter if they are 20 years old and holding a sword, or two days old and sitting by their mother's side.

If you think your own humanistic morality can trump God's laws, then you are a sad individual indeed.

God doesn't exist to cater to your desires or your so-called morality. He is the absolute sovereign of the universe and His commands are Law. If you don't like it, take it up with Him.

Example... If the nation of Denmark were to declare war on us, the proper response would be to attempt to resolve the matter diplomatically, but if they won't listen to reason and hearken to the words of God, then we embark on a campaign that doesn't end until all the men are dead and the women are taken and distributed to the warriors who fought the best. You level everything and burn it all to the ground.

That's how war is fought, your Geneva conventions and Hague conventions don't mean anything, that's just trying to make something that should be avoided, more tolerable and thus more easily gotten into. War should be kept nasty so people are more hesitant about getting into it. It's not a game or a John Wayne movie, war is nasty, deal with it. That said, I don't think there is any prohibition against showing mercy to conquered enemies as long as they are Godly brethren and it was an issue of some trivial misunderstanding. All too often there were horrible wars in the days of antiquity, one was so bad that Benjamin was nearly wiped out because they stuck up for an Edomite who happened to be living in their land even though he was not a Benjaminite. If Benjamin gets into a war with Judah and Judah wins, Judah is not only not obligated to wipe out Benjamin, they are admonished to show mercy and bring about a fair peace. If you're fighting say, the Hittites or the Canaanites, all bets are off and there is an explicit commandment to wipe them out, man, woman, child, etc... Remember, the Israelites were commanded to utterly destroy the Canaanites, without mercy.

If people from country A were evangelizing paganism or trying to convince God's people away from God, then you go to the nation and kill EVERYBODY and burn the entire thing to the ground, not even taking loot with you lest you wind up contaminated by their decadence and sin. I firmly believe, anybody from some other country, who comes into the USA preaching new-age garbage, witchcraft, or anything other than the word of God, has, by the scripture, doomed the nation that sent them, and has given ample justification for the destruction of their nation. If they want to be left alone they must leave us alone.

Last edited:
God said when you make war you utterly obliterate your enemies, it doesn't matter if they are 20 years old and holding a sword, or two days old and sitting by their mother's side.

If you think your own humanistic morality can trump God's laws, then you are a sad individual indeed.

God doesn't exist to cater to your desires or your so-called morality. He is the absolute sovereign of the universe and His commands are Law. If you don't like it, take it up with Him.

Example... If the nation of Denmark were to declare war on us, the proper response would be to attempt to resolve the matter diplomatically, but if they won't listen to reason and hearken to the words of God, then we embark on a campaign that doesn't end until all the men are dead and the women are taken and distributed to the warriors who fought the best. You level everything and burn it all to the ground.

That's how war is fought, your Geneva conventions and Hague conventions don't mean anything, that's just trying to make something that should be avoided, more tolerable and thus more easily gotten into. War should be kept nasty so people are more hesitant about getting into it. It's not a game or a John Wayne movie, war is nasty, deal with it. That said, I don't think there is any prohibition against showing mercy to conquered enemies as long as they are Godly brethren and it was an issue of some trivial misunderstanding. All too often there were horrible wars in the days of antiquity, one was so bad that Benjamin was nearly wiped out because they stuck up for an Edomite who happened to be living in their land even though he was not a Benjaminite. If Benjamin gets into a war with Judah and Judah wins, Judah is not only not obligated to wipe out Benjamin, they are admonished to show mercy and bring about a fair peace. If you're fighting say, the Hittites or the Canaanites, all bets are off and there is an explicit commandment to wipe them out, man, woman, child, etc... Remember, the Israelites were commanded to utterly destroy the Canaanites, without mercy.

If people from country A were evangelizing paganism or trying to convince God's people away from God, then you go to the nation and kill EVERYBODY and burn the entire thing to the ground, not even taking loot with you lest you wind up contaminated by their decadence and sin. I firmly believe, anybody from some other country, who comes into the USA preaching new-age garbage, witchcraft, or anything other than the word of God, has, by the scripture, doomed the nation that sent them, and has given ample justification for the destruction of their nation. If they want to be left alone they must leave us alone.

It is my belief that this thread is truly lost. Lol!

To be fair, in my honest opinion God will not fault a person for mercy, humanity, and others, as long as you believe in him and take jesus in your heart, beg for forgiveness.

Slavery is never ok in my book period, and neither is handing out women like farm animals. We are all humans, I think that these people who are against God, will be judged by him, who am I to supercede God?

I sure as hell wouldn't eat a dog, but as for the pig, I won't even touch a pig, or a pig's body, or any pork product, and I won't accept food if it came into contact with a pig's corpse (i.e. pork product). For me there is no such thing as picking pepperoni off of a pizza, if it contacted the corpse of a pig, I won't touch it and I certainly won't put it into my body.
how about sausage? surely you must have put sausage in your mouth at one time, no? maybe after sunday school?

You know, sometimes I will be on the grappling forum and I will skip over a thread for days because the title doesn't interest me. But sometimes a particular thread will reach like 10 pages or whatever and I'm like, what the hell is everyone interested in?

And than I see.

Thanks a lot guys. After reading this thread I felt uncomfortable for an entire day. Soimething that only burn victim pics can do.

so guys do you prefer girls to shave australia or not?

Back