no gi JJ

quoted the wrong guy. I though you were the TS looking for info.

I sure as hell wouldn't eat a dog, but as for the pig, I won't even touch a pig, or a pig's body, or any pork product, and I won't accept food if it came into contact with a pig's corpse (i.e. pork product). For me there is no such thing as picking pepperoni off of a pizza, if it contacted the corpse of a pig, I won't touch it and I certainly won't put it into my body.

Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

I'd suggest eating carbs the night before but not any during the week so that your body stores it. Also the basics are running and muscular endurance workouts consisting of lots of light weight reps and holding press up positions etc.

Seriously though, how good does a bacon butty with tomato sauce taste? :icon_chee

Do a little cardio everyday like 30 minutes then make sure you eat carbs for energy before you go. Ive noticed when i just try to eat protien and go I end up alot more tired half way through the class so carbs help alot.

I don't piss on you for your lack of religion, I don't think I should have to endure your pissing on me for my having one.

Meanwhile you're pushing your religiously founded and entirely unscientific dietary regimen in a thread about fitness. How would you like it if I tried to shove astrology down your throat if you started a thread asking how to improve your armbars?

Meanwhile you're pushing your religiously founded and entirely unscientific dietary regimen in a thread about fitness. How would you like it if I tried to shove astrology down your throat if you started a thread asking how to improve your armbars?

In his original post he stated nothing about religion. He was merely making diet suggestions to the TS. A lot of which is actually on the Gracie Diet plan.
He only brought up religion when he was pushed specifically on why he personally didn't eat pork.
He never said we are all damned if we eat pork, or tried to shove his religion off on any of us.
I do however think it's way out of line to put the guy down because of his beliefs. People pushed the issue and he responded with his opinion.

Now seriously, everyone needs to get off this religion kick in this thread, it's only going to end up getting people banned.

In his original post he stated nothing about religion. He was merely making diet suggestions to the TS. A lot of which is actually on the Gracie Diet plan.
He only brought up religion when he was pushed specifically on why he personally didn't eat pork.
He never said we are all damned if we eat pork, or tried to shove his religion off on any of us.
I do however think it's way out of line to put the guy down because of his beliefs. People pushed the issue and he responded with his opinion.

Now seriously, everyone needs to get off this religion kick in this thread, it's only going to end up getting people banned.

The gracie diet also makes absolutely no sense.

if i were a troll, wouldnt i have made up a better lie, i was asking a genuine question, its as i said in a community centre after a judo class, its a very small class, but i live in a place where there is nothing or nowhere to train.

The gracie diet also makes absolutely no sense.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but after reading your posts the last couple of days I have seen you come across as the know it all posting on multiple subjects and disregarding others opinions. Some I agree with some I do not, but tap the brakes, you don't know as much as you think you do.

I've read that caffeine can actually help with athletic performance.

As for the number of submissions gone over that night - that's one of the problems with having a blue belt as an instructor. BJJ is like a language and your submissions, positions, and transitions are all words. At first you learn individual words but eventually you'll learn sentences, paragraphs and eventually you'll start winning arguments.

You have just learned 5 new words, but not the sentences they belong in. You might not have learned the transitions, or you opponents reactions that illicit the use of those submissions etc. Learning from a Blue belt is like learning a language from a teenager. Learning from a black belt is like learning a language from a master linguist.

If the blue belt is the only person available then you should keep learning from him, but eventually you'll want to learn BJJ from someone with a true mastery of the art.

Very solid post!
How long have you been training (what belt are you)?

I have other reasons too, eating any sort of work will guarantee you get some amount of parasitic worms and bacteria in your system, no matter how well it is cooked, unless you burn it black. I haven't had a case of influenza since I stopped eating pork products.

For me it is a simple matter, once I read scripture, accepted what it says about the dietary laws, and lived four years without getting influenza, while having come down with it once a year every year prior to that, why would I go back to eating something that comes from an animal known as a germ incubator? Some of the worst kinds of influenza strains come from pigs, due to the fact that bird flu and other types of flu often mix and mutate inside pigs, because their stomachs are rife for germs to pass due to the very low acid content.

I used to eat pork almost every single day and I used to be constantly sick, be it ulcers, influenza, stomachaches, headaches, diarrhea, etc.

I could give a dozen different arguments against eating pork, with only one of them being a religious issue.

If you want to avoid influenza, I strongly suggest you give up two things, pork products and flu shots.

Do you take exception with my stance against BHT, TBHQ, and other preservatives typically found mainly in the embalming process?

Scripture doesn't mention them but I don't want them in my body because I've read about their chemical properties, I've read about what the likely outcomes are when they mix with common vitamins/minerals/food products that exist in the body, and I don't want them anywhere near me while I am still living.

As for astrology, if you have something interesting to say about it, I'd listen and consider it based on the merits of the argument.

just back from my first class, we covered the armbar, kimura, triangle and the RNC, we did an hour and a half of training and the an hour of rolling, ive never been so tired in my whole life, i have a new level of respect for anyone that fights.

basically im here to ask what i can do to get fitter, i didnt wanna ask anyone at the gym, but im really unfit and need to work on that, what should i eat or not eat or some cardio exorcises.

Doing basic cardio like running, or even programs like Crossfit are good.

But if you are doing JJ as a hobby, and you just want to be able to train the entire time without gassing, just keep going to class. Your body will adapt to grappling, and you should start being able to train harder for longer periods of time. It could be 1-3 months, depending on your age, diet, and overall health.

I would stick to just grappling for now, and if you really get into it, then is a good time to look into strength and conditioning programs/workouts.

Very solid post!
How long have you been training (what belt are you)?

Thanks - I can't take credit for the metaphor but I think it fits BJJ better than most.

I've had a lot of starts and stops unfortunately but my first BJJ class was in 2001 but consecutive training time only about 2.5 years. I'm a blue belt.

How about you? What's your training history?

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but after reading your posts the last couple of days I have seen you come across as the know it all posting on multiple subjects and disregarding others opinions. Some I agree with some I do not, but tap the brakes, you don't know as much as you think you do.

Believe it or not, the gracie diet is not scientifically proven to do anything. It's just basically a fad type diet that wasn't popular.

I have other reasons too, eating any sort of work will guarantee you get some amount of parasitic worms and bacteria in your system, no matter how well it is cooked, unless you burn it black. I haven't had a case of influenza since I stopped eating pork products.

For me it is a simple matter, once I read scripture, accepted what it says about the dietary laws, and lived four years without getting influenza, while having come down with it once a year every year prior to that, why would I go back to eating something that comes from an animal known as a germ incubator? Some of the worst kinds of influenza strains come from pigs, due to the fact that bird flu and other types of flu often mix and mutate inside pigs, because their stomachs are rife for germs to pass due to the very low acid content.

I used to eat pork almost every single day and I used to be constantly sick, be it ulcers, influenza, stomachaches, headaches, diarrhea, etc.

I could give a dozen different arguments against eating pork, with only one of them being a religious issue.

If you want to avoid influenza, I strongly suggest you give up two things, pork products and flu shots.

You efficiently packed a lot of misinformation into this single post.

Back