No Brainer: BLM riots turning people away from the movement

I'm gonna have to disagree

I'm a Black man. Of course I believe Black Lives Matter. How could I not? I think most decent people agree that black lives matter as well in sentiment. Now, the movement itself is what I have a problem with. So if you want to criticize the BLM organization, that's fair game and I'd probably agree with you wholeheartedly in your critique as it pertains to the movement with their actions and demands.

I wouldn't have a problem with "Jewish Lives Matter" or Women's Lives Matter" or even "Gay Lives Matter." They aren't saying that non Jewish, men, or straight people's lives don't matter.

Now the thing I may agree with you on is how BLM has become sort of a 'trap' with their name. You criticize them, you are basically saying you don't care about what happens to Black people in this country. It would seem like members of BLM do want "special treatment" because of their skin tone instead of empathy, understanding, and support in pushing for real change. Those are the things I don't mind you criticizing them on. The name itself, shouldn't really bother people that much.

Maybe it doesn't really bother you. Maybe just all the hashtags, rioting, looting, assaults, and anti police behavior have just turned people off completely and they just don't care about the name or movement at all.

It is what it is

Not trolling here, serious question.

How do you feel about riots anytime a white cop kills a black man (who is usually resisting arrest), but crickets for the 5 kids killed on Father's Day weekend in Shitcago? Almost every weekend a kid is murdered in Chicago, yet I don't see a single riot about that.

Not much is worse in the world than a child being murdered, yet it's only when a white cop shoots someone that their life seems to matter.

Why is that ?

I saw some meme the other day where they were talking about how after billions raised they've yet to actually send any black kids to college via scholarships, built any educational facilities, done any outreach programs, done any food drives, given loans to any black businesses, etc it's a pretty solid criticism.

Where the fuck is all that money going? I don't think it's unfair to ask that question.

That is a valid question and I would like to know where that money is going as well

Very fair question

Not trolling here, serious question.

How do you feel about riots anytime a white cop kills a black man (who is usually resisting arrest), but crickets for the 5 kids killed on Father's Day weekend in Shitcago? Almost every weekend a kid is murdered in Chicago, yet I don't see a single riot about that.

Not much is worse in the world than a child being murdered, yet it's only when a white cop shoots someone that their life seems to matter.

Why is that ?

The sad truth is that people don't care about Black on Black crime because it does not generate clicks on social media or in the MSM for that matter. I'll also add that racism has become profitable so to speak. So any articles about a white cop/person shooting a black person will be all over the news cycles because they know it will stir up the pot and get activists and race hustlers out in the streets. I read that over 50 kids (not young teens) were shot and killed over the summer. But all I kept hearing about was Jacob Blake getting shot which I thought was excessive force by the police but then again Blake was a violent felon who allegedly raped a woman and assaulted the cops who later shot him. Safe to say, I care a little more about those poor babies getting their lives cut short than Blake

There were over 7500 black homicides last year most of them young black males. Most of those murders go unsolved. There were 9 unarmed shootings of black people last year as well. Meaning if the police shot 10 unarmed black people everyday last year that wouldn't have hit half that number of homicides. Does this mean that cops should get a pass for shooting unarmed civilians in an unjustified manner? No they should not. Does this mean that black people are savage thugs who just shoot and kill each other with no remorse? No we are not. But it's why I always tell folks to be careful when you want to label police officers as "racist thugs with badges" because that sword cuts both ways if you look at the numbers

Pushing for reform in law enforcement and the court system is something I think most Americans could come to an agreement on. Things like small time drug offenses being taken off someone's record with good behavior or not be charged at all isn't going to make most people lose any sleep. Defunding the police and letting violent offenders walk free is a whole other matter

Last edited:
The souls of black folk have great value.

and

Black Lives Matter is an abhorrent group.

You realize that way of thinking has led to some of the worst atrocities in history right? For example, it was okay to kill the Jews because weren't "true" Germans. Or it was okay to kill the Native Americans because they were "savages". Dehumanizing people who are different than you have always ended with disastrous results historically speaking.

Lol. Are you talking about yourself? Look at your last 3 posts

I’m a Liberal, who has always supported BLM. I’ve been posting about it and have donated to the cause, starting around four years ago.

while I still believe in the cause, what has happened recently, both with the violence and the extreme views against white people... I no longer lend my support.

I’m actually thinking about voting for Trump just out of spite. And I think there are a lot of people thinking the same thing.
Lmaoooo. If you’re thinking about voting Trump out of spite you were never liberal. Stop lying.

The best to ever happen to the civil rights movement was showing cops hose down and sic dogs on innocent black people. These riots will just give us 4 more years of Trump if they continue and the chaos escalating.

I might troll and shit post the shit out of Trump supporters, but I've never once said that they aren't "true" Americans. I just think they have rocks where their brains should be.

No. They are just racists and fascists.

So someone isn't a true American if they have different political views than you?

not, not necessarily.

it's one thing to say,

"you know what, there are some issues in this country that need addressing....one is the systemic racism in our judicial systemmm"

it's only different thing when you argue, "America is racist, evil country. the constitution was drafted by racists and slave owners. this whole country needs to be torn and rebuilt..."

Some of them are, Trump himself definitely is. But I think most Trump supporters are just misguided and uninformed.[/QUOTE]

This is just a talking point that has no meaning. It literally is just an argument someone with no point makes.

BTW. You look good in yellow bro. So good that you decided to get double. Lol.

I don't believe that America is an "evil" country since the concepts of good and evil were invented by humans and therefore wouldn't apply to something that isn't human like a nation.
I do think that systemic racism in our judicial system is a problem and should be addressed however.
Well the Constitution was drafted by racists and slave owners, that is an undeniable fact. But it was drafted at a time when racism and slavery were considered acceptable. So I don't think we should dismiss everything that was written in it because the people who drafted it weren't the best people according to our moral standards.
I don't think the whole country needs to be torn and rebuilt, that would be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But obviously there Is things about this country I would change if I could. Now you probably don't agree with all the changes I would make, and that's fine. We can debate about it, but I don't see why you feel the need to call me un-American just because I have a different vision for this country than you do.

I dont consider you one of them

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...many-away-blm-and-protests-column/5675343002/

Like the title says. Pretty straight forward:

In other words, support for BLM is steadily declining due to the perception that the riots are associated with BLM.

This article also goes into how some media outlets have gone to absurd lengths to downplay the riots:

It also goes into context at how Democratic leaders are calling for the abolishing and supporting BLM, yet using the same police they're trying to get rid of to protect them because they think they're above everyone else:

One last thing I'm sick of hearing, is that the riots and rioters are not associated with BLM. What the fuck? Of course they are! Everywhere BLM goes, so does the violence, looting, arson and vandalism. Not to mention the majority of idiots arrested have BLM written all over their attire.

Look, we all can agree that racism is an issue that needs to be tackled. But BLM has completely fucked this up with their lack of leadership and not seeming to have an end goal. Defund police is not a goal, it's just a stupid talking point that clearly has not substance behind it.

losanglesriot_1.jpg

Democrats, BLM, do better.

You just got off yellow cards. Don't get put back on them lol.

I’m a Liberal, who has always supported BLM. I’ve been posting about it and have donated to the cause, starting around four years ago.

while I still believe in the cause, what has happened recently, both with the violence and the extreme views against white people... I no longer lend my support.

I’m actually thinking about voting for Trump just out of spite. And I think there are a lot of people thinking the same thing.

Out of spite. That proves you're not a true liberal.

Back