No Brainer: BLM riots turning people away from the movement

Kandyland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...many-away-blm-and-protests-column/5675343002/

Like the title says. Pretty straight forward:

Net approval for the Black Lives Matter movement peaked back on June 3 and has fallen sharply since. This was just over a week after George Floyd was killed in Minneapolis, when riots had begun to sweep major cities. Among whites, net approval is already negative and headed downward. And while Democrats and Republicans are as polarized on the issue as one would expect, white Independents have shown a dramatic falloff in BLM support, going from a net 24% in early June to net 3% now, which is lower than before Floyd was killed

In other words, support for BLM is steadily declining due to the perception that the riots are associated with BLM.

This article also goes into how some media outlets have gone to absurd lengths to downplay the riots:

Press outlets have generally tried to downplay the violent aspects of the protests, sometimes going to absurd lengths. CNN’s Omar Jimenez reported live from Kenosha in front of burning businesses while a chyron described the scene asfiery but mostly peaceful protests.” The narrative “buildings burn at peaceful protest” is Orwellian doublethink in action.

It also goes into context at how Democratic leaders are calling for the abolishing and supporting BLM, yet using the same police they're trying to get rid of to protect them because they think they're above everyone else:

Then there are the cases of bad optics. Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot pegged the entitlement meter when she unapologetically claimed that a heavy police presence around her block during Chicago’s disturbances was necessary because her family has “a right in our home to live in peace.” Unlike, apparently, everyone else in Chicago

One last thing I'm sick of hearing, is that the riots and rioters are not associated with BLM. What the fuck? Of course they are! Everywhere BLM goes, so does the violence, looting, arson and vandalism. Not to mention the majority of idiots arrested have BLM written all over their attire.

Look, we all can agree that racism is an issue that needs to be tackled. But BLM has completely fucked this up with their lack of leadership and not seeming to have an end goal. Defund police is not a goal, it's just a stupid talking point that clearly has not substance behind it.

losanglesriot_1.jpg

Democrats, BLM, do better.

File this under no shit Sherlock.

Yet people will disregard it without a study or statistics some sort. Those people should wear helmets to make it through the day.

Sounds straightforward enough but people will find a way to discredit this line of thinking.

Democrat approval of antifa is 90%, their approval of America is 3%.

I’m a Liberal, who has always supported BLM. I’ve been posting about it and have donated to the cause, starting around four years ago.

while I still believe in the cause, what has happened recently, both with the violence and the extreme views against white people... I no longer lend my support.

I’m actually thinking about voting for Trump just out of spite. And I think there are a lot of people thinking the same thing.

It's always been a movement to transfer resources from whites to blacks.

Back