No Brainer: BLM riots turning people away from the movement

What? Why do I have to take a deep breath and get some sleep when the guy I was responding to think that half of the country aren't true Americans?
<JagsKiddingMe>

Because saying someone is a future mass shooter can get you in trouble around here.

But you do you

When did Democrats say that you're not a "true" American? You strike me as someone who will commit a mass shooting a few years down the line based on your posts. Get help.
You just said you cant wait to piss on Trump's grave upon his death lol.

all I said is Dems aren't considered Americans in my POV.

thanks for proving my point

Last edited:
But the riots are happening under Trump's watch. So why would anyone vote for Trump if they want the riots to stop?
<JagsKiddingMe>

Because he's seen as against the protests and will arrest the people causing issues. Meanwhile, the narrative is the Democrats support the riots and will coddle to the demands of the protestors. I see the protests continuing if Biden wins until people find something else to distract themselves with.

Dont care. I've given you plenty of chances. Republicans tried taking the Civil route for 4 years, not stooping to your level and trying to reason with you in terms of how we should conduct ourselves in discussion.

-You constantly Riot, destroy the country and burn buildings down, rob and hurt innocent people when you dont get your way

-You support the arrests of business owners for going to work

-You constantly undermine and flat out try to dismantle the constitution.

-You hate the founders of this country, and ignore all of their accomplishments

You're not my fellow American

Is San Francisco a woke hell hole? I lived there for 6 months a decade ago....but I didn't meet many ppl so I wouldn't know...I just remember the city had no hot chicks.

I’m a Liberal, who has always supported BLM. I’ve been posting about it and have donated to the cause, starting around four years ago.

while I still believe in the cause, what has happened recently, both with the violence and the extreme views against white people... I no longer lend my support.

I’m actually thinking about voting for Trump just out of spite. And I think there are a lot of people thinking the same thing.

You should get a refund.

You literally gave your money to terrorists.

File this under no shit Sherlock.

Yet people will disregard it without a study or statistics some sort. Those people should wear helmets to make it through the day.

There are studies and data on this.

I'm gonna have to disagree

I'm a Black man. Of course I believe Black Lives Matter. How could I not? I think most decent people agree that black lives matter as well in sentiment. Now, the movement itself is what I have a problem with. So if you want to criticize the BLM organization, that's fair game and I'd probably agree with you wholeheartedly in your critique as it pertains to the movement with their actions and demands.

I wouldn't have a problem with "Jewish Lives Matter" or Women's Lives Matter" or even "Gay Lives Matter." They aren't saying that non Jewish, men, or straight people's lives don't matter.

Now the thing I may agree with you on is how BLM has become sort of a 'trap' with their name. You criticize them, you are basically saying you don't care about what happens to Black people in this country. It would seem like members of BLM do want "special treatment" because of their skin tone instead of empathy, understanding, and support in pushing for real change. Those are the things I don't mind you criticizing them on. The name itself, shouldn't really bother people that much.

Maybe it doesn't really bother you. Maybe just all the hashtags, rioting, looting, assaults, and anti police behavior have just turned people off completely and they just don't care about the name or movement at all.

It is what it is
Ya I guess maybe the motto has been tarnished by the movement and that's what's making it seem so negative to me but I just feel like the way to end racism would be to stop grouping people by their skin color. Black male this white man that. 99% of people don't care what skin color you have but the movement is focused on making those people out to be racists or white privileged racism condoners.
And I think I would have a problem with Jewish Lives Matter or Women's Lives Matter or Gay Lives Matter too. Again it seems divisive. I'd love to see black, Jewish, female or gay people out marching ''We Are All One'' or something. It just sounds much more wholesome.

It's always been a movement to transfer resources from whites to blacks.

BINGO.
They don’t want “equal rights”
They want PRIVILEGE.

You don’t see Asians or Hispanics complaining about bullshit.
They just man up and put in the work.

BLM is a bullshit organization.
Fuck them.

I'm gonna have to disagree

I'm a Black man. Of course I believe Black Lives Matter. How could I not? I think most decent people agree that black lives matter as well in sentiment. Now, the movement itself is what I have a problem with. So if you want to criticize the BLM organization, that's fair game and I'd probably agree with you wholeheartedly in your critique as it pertains to the movement with their actions and demands.

I wouldn't have a problem with "Jewish Lives Matter" or Women's Lives Matter" or even "Gay Lives Matter." They aren't saying that non Jewish, men, or straight people's lives don't matter.

Now the thing I may agree with you on is how BLM has become sort of a 'trap' with their name. You criticize them, you are basically saying you don't care about what happens to Black people in this country. It would seem like members of BLM do want "special treatment" because of their skin tone instead of empathy, understanding, and support in pushing for real change. Those are the things I don't mind you criticizing them on. The name itself, shouldn't really bother people that much.

Maybe it doesn't really bother you. Maybe just all the hashtags, rioting, looting, assaults, and anti police behavior have just turned people off completely and they just don't care about the name or movement at all.

It is what it is

I'm going to have to disagree strongly.

The name is essentially an accusation - and it's an accusation made on the basis of race. If someone implies that you lack an appreciation for life based on the colour of your skin, that should bother you, unless you're a bitch. Because you're basically being called a backwards savage.

The name always made it very apparent what BLM was about.

So I've received an invite to a 'seminar' today via work, 1hr. I work in project management in the funding sector.

It's called:

'Is Funding Racist and should we change the decision makers?'

One of the hosts proudly represents 'BLM Wales'.

This, in spite of my project and the funders literally encouraging applications and ideas from BAME and other minority groups, in huge letters, on our website.

I will not be attending. If I'm coerced, I'll log in and go and do some laundry (no actual participation is forced, in terms of joining in 'discussion'.........it wont be discussion, will it?)

So I've received an invite to a 'seminar' today via work, 1hr. I work in project management in the funding sector.

It's called:

This, in spite of my project and the funders literally encouraging applications and ideas from BAME and other minority groups, in huge letters, on our website.

I will not be attending. If I'm coerced, I'll log in and go and do some laundry (no actual participation is forced, in terms of joining in 'discussion'.........it wont be discussion, will it?)
You should attend just to see what it’s about and then share the cliffs here.

It's called:

Ignore the seminar and send a short and well-articulated message as feedback why this seminar was bullshit.

You should attend just to see what it’s about and then share the cliffs here.

We'll see.

Its funny man, because these movements claim to be all about making skin colour invisible - you should judge the person, not the skin colour. Which is fine. But in instances like this, they WANT us to see the skin colour. It's not about the person we're funding and how interesting or feasible their idea is, it should be about their skin colour.

My directors always say "we are supposed to fund an idea, not a person." The person can be as enthusiastic and keen as they like, if their idea sucks, then we should not be funding them just because we like their energy and positivity. This movement is now trying to get us to fund the person, not the idea, but only if the person is black or Asian.

It's bonkers, because what they're essentially saying is that BAME people are incapable of coming up with a strong idea that would get funded. It's basically racism - these movements are suggesting we should, as a society in general, hold black people to lower standards which is insane. We should lower the bar for them, because they're incapable of holding their own with white people pitching similar ideas......which is clearly absolute nonsense.

So what is it?

Do we make everything and every interaction about skin colour? Or do we never make any interaction about skin colour?

It's transparent, though.

It's a gaslighting operation. We have a new funding call in a few months - this seminar is basically a little 'nudge nudge' operation to try and guilt-trip us into funding more black people when the time comes.

I've come to realize that the BLM movement was never about getting people on side, it was just about making other people's lives as miserable and fearful as possible. Those behind this know that when given the choice, most people are going to reject what they have to offer, which is why their brand of politics always has to be implemented through violence, indimidation and force.

We'll see.

Its funny man, because these movements claim to be all about making skin colour invisible - you should judge the person, not the skin colour. Which is fine. But in instances like this, they WANT us to see the skin colour. It's not about the person we're funding and how interesting or feasible their idea is, it should be about their skin colour.

My directors always say "we are supposed to fund an idea, not a person." The person can be as enthusiastic and keen as they like, if their idea sucks, then we should not be funding them just because we like their energy and positivity. This movement is now trying to get us to fund the person, not the idea, but only if the person is black or Asian.

It's bonkers, because what they're essentially saying is that BAME people are incapable of coming up with a strong idea that would get funded. It's basically racism - these movements are suggesting we should, as a society in general, hold black people to lower standards which is insane. We should lower the bar for them, because they're incapable of holding their own with white people pitching similar ideas......which is clearly absolute nonsense.

So what is it?

Do we make everything and every interaction about skin colour? Or do we never make any interaction about skin colour?

It's transparent, though.

It's a gaslighting operation. We have a new funding call in a few months - this seminar is basically a little 'nudge nudge' operation to try and guilt-trip us into funding more black people when the time comes.
A lot of companies are doing it right now. And to be honest, I do think work needs to be done in the US to level the playing field for blacks, but does the UK have any history of slavery or unjust laws against blacks? If not, it’s as you say - they’re saying that they can’t do it on their own, which is soft bigotry.

What is BAME? Black Asian Middle East?

Back