No BFC deserves to be on any top 10 rankings

Turk February

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Their MW champion who was supposed to be a top 3 middleweight just got choked out by an old, broken down, UFC wash out with 1 win in 8 in years. Michael Chandler was supposed to best LW in the world according to some, suffered his second straight loss in a row.

Honestly BFC clearly has second rate talent but for some reason people feel the need to include them in top 10 rankings just because of pressure from BFC cuckold fans. The problem is when you're an average fighter(Shlamenko) dominating a shitty division like BFC MW division even the most mediocre fighter will look like a world beater.

Yeah. No way a Bellator reject like Zach Makovskiy would ever beat an established UFC stud like Scott Jorgensen. Even a midtier UFC fighter like Diego Nunes could easily walk into Bellator and clean house!

Those Strikeforce and WEC lightweights will get their ass kicked by any top ten UFC lightweight

Yeah. No way a Bellator reject like Zach Makovskiy would ever beat an established UFC stud like Scott Jorgensen. Even a midtier UFC fighter like Diego Nunes could easily walk into Bellator and clean house!

Makovsky is fighting at a lower weight in UFC. And theres a reason Diego was released from UFC, even though he really won his last fight.

Makovsky is fighting at a lower weight in UFC. And theres a reason Diego was released from UFC, even though he really won his last fight.

Yeah but he beat Jorgensen, who was a mainstay in the BW top 10 for years.

I don't think anyone will argue that Middleweight has been their weakest division for a VERY long time... Pointing to that as an example is weak.

That said, pointing to someone losing while going up in weight is a poor example, and much like Rampage I think Tito is criminally played down because they found themselves fighting nothing but top 10 LHWs. Would you favor Mark Munoz, Costas Philippou, etc over Tito Ortiz, guaranteed?

Yeah but he beat Jorgensen, who was a mainstay in the BW top 10 for years.

But clearly the weight cut hurt Makovsky a lot more than it hurt Jorgensen. That's the only explanation.

And yeah, Nunes was getting brutally finished left and right in the UFC, so it's really not all that impressive that Pitbull did it.

Bellator has about 10 top 10 ranked guys throughout the divs.

If you don't think Eddie Alvarez is at least top 10 then you are legitimately retarded.

Also, you are discrediting Will Brooks majorly, presumably because you have never actually watched Chandler fight.

Who are the 10 BW that on paper are better than Dantas?

Eddie Wineland, Takeya Mizugaki, Iuri Alcantara and Mike EastLOL?

Bellator has about 10 top 10 ranked guys throughout the divs.

I think Volkov and Minakov could beat a number of guys in the top ten as well.

Volkov has looked incredible since packing on more size.

Your description of Shlemenko easily applies to Barao as well.. and if Barao moved up to 155 or 170 (Tito had 30 pounds on Shlemenko) I'm sure he would get dominated by most at those weight classes just like Shlemenko was.. but because Barao is in the UFC, it's totally cool that he's dominating a weak division while most of the best @ 135 are fighting in other orgs..

Bellator's lineal MW champion had to drop down in weight to compete in the UFC. The same guy who was dominating Bellator's MW div before leaving. He possess a UD over their current MW champ.

Yes bellator does have 2nd tier competition. This is a fact that is not debatable.

I guess the UFC should remove Makovsky and Lombard from their rankings then.

I guess the UFC should remove Makovsky and Lombard from their rankings then.

Markovsky is not ranked at BW in the UFC. The division he held a title in Bellator. He is an improved fighter now than he was while competing in BFC.

Lombard is another poor example as he was forced to drop in weight in order to remain competitive in the UFC.

Everyone said the same about wec lightweight. Hell, ufc lightweight champ lost to a fucking featherweight couple fights before becoming champ.

And do you not know that Chandler was in same position as brooks first time he got a title shot?

Everyone said the same about wec lightweight. Hell, ufc lightweight champ lost to a fucking featherweight couple fights before becoming champ.

And do you not know that Chandler was in same position as brooks first time he got a title shot?

Umm WEC fighters were Zuffa fighters. They scouted them and knew they were great when the were signed.

Back