Nike just took a huge L on national TV, the shoes are garbage

I've only ever purchased one pair of Nikes. Over 6 years ago and still wear them daily.

TS, it just sounds like you go through a lot of shoes.

Not surprised at all. These big brands coast on suckers who pay money for the brand like morons. The actual quality is utter garbage as with most popular brands. There is no reason for these companies to spend more to make an actual quality product, because idiot consumers will buy them anyway.

i wonder if the kid could sue Nike for potentially ruining his career.

I recall seeing some article back when Air Jordans were first being sold in the 80s and they reported that Nike was paying less than $3.50 a pair to have them made.
It's worth mentioning that the actual product manufacturing price is only a fraction of the true cost. They're still grossly overpriced and not well made, but just in the sake of fairness.

This wouldn't have happened had he been wearing some Big Baller Brand shoes.

My nike sb skate shoe blew out bad, while the cheaper little know skate brand shoe were still holding strong after long usage. i think they were Emerica brand? Im not sure. But i wore them for a good two or three years for work they got dirty of course but the sole remained strong and no ripping.

Nike throws a lot of money at their pro riders. I think it's safe to say they care a lot more about image and marketing than their actual product.

zion needs custom shoes made for all those fast twitchy fibers

I’ve been running on the same pair of New Balance shoes for well over a decade. They still feel great. I have put thousands of miles on them. Or maybe hundreds. Idk.
I forgot about new balance, those were my shoes when i did cross country in high school very comfortable top quality shoe

I recall seeing some article back when Air Jordans were first being sold in the 80s and they reported that Nike was paying less than $3.50 a pair to have them made.
I think there was one in the 90’s where they crunched the numbers and MJ was making more annually than their entire Chinese workforce. Not sure if true though.

i have a pair of nike sneakers.
damn things squeak everytime i walk. i have to pull up the insole, pour some talcum powder into it, put the insole back, and then it doesn't squeak for a month or two.
from what i've read online, this is an issue with that particular sneaker model, one that Nike apparently doesn't give a shit about and never attempted to fix.

Nike throws a lot of money at their pro riders. I think it's safe to say they care a lot more about image and marketing than their actual product.
Yup, its sad, you can go to a nike store in the mall and check the quality you can bend the shoe and see where its likely to unravel.

Your comment about skate shoes was spot on, and its a shame nike Sb skate shoes dominate the market while the smaller niche brands who make better quality dont get much shine.

People think
Nike they automatically think quality, just because of the brand, when the quality is really poor.

15 years or so ago when the Nike Shox came out I bought a pair, wore them once and broke my heel when I jumped and landed in a normal fashion . Later found out they were discontinued. I was too young and dumb to hire an attorney at the time .

Idk i bought a pair of Nikes two years ago for 60 bucks, running shoes, and theyve been through hell and still look and feel great. Lets be real if it wasn't for the squidward lookin qb takin a knee and don't pretend like you give a shit about sweat shops when everything else you wear is made in one lol.

It's funny, Nike charges $250 for an Elite football jersey of theirs, which is the fully stitched, close to field worn jersey as you can get. I bought an Andrew Luck jersey from a company in China that makes exact replicas of those Nike jerseys for $110. It even had the Nike tags stitched to the jersey and the Nike paper tag attached still. You seriously couldn't tell the difference between this one and the Nike jersey.

Wouldn't shock me in the least bit if they were made in the same factory.
I misread this as you having the manufacturers of the replicas sew on the Nike tags for you.

Wow a pair of Nikes malfunctioned, must mean every pair ever made will do the same thing

Sherdog morons gonna moron

I misread this as you having the manufacturers of the replicas sew on the Nike tags for you.
LOL no, the replica manufacturer had no problem copying the Nike logos and their tags and putting them on there. That's why you'd never know it was a knock off

Nike, Adidas and Reebok often have products with lots of defects. I usually rock Puma, New Balance, Asics, Mizuno etc... it's just a different ballpark, at the same price (or less). I had a shop back in the days where we sold all those brands, and I had two puma models that were defect in five years. Not one pair of New Balance. I can't remember how many Nikes and Adidas ones... especially during the janoski/lunarlon/superstar era, we often had returns weekly due to defects

i wonder if the kid could sue Nike for potentially ruining his career.

You know damn well Nike already put a few mill in a side account for him, so that he doesn't try to do just this..

Back