Nike just took a huge L on national TV, the shoes are garbage

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Zion williamson the hottest nba prospect in college basketball just hurt his knee because his new nike shoe tore up bad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/theyre-going-show-die-zion-williamsons-shoe-mishap-hurt-nike-044022904.html

5c6e1fc92628987d6b415f12-750-462.jpg

gettyimages-1131053017-e1550722673860.jpg

image.jpg

Nike are overpriced ill-fitting shoes. I stopped wearing them because of how cheaply made they were. I had some Nike SBs id wear a couple times a week to work, and after a half a year the sole was bending and they ripped like what happened to zions shoes.

I bought some skater shoes from some niche brand and used those everyday for a year and the sole stayed flat and the shoes were still strong they cost less

Same thing with these running shoes, i decided to give nike a chance again and bought some running shoes the guy at the nike store told me break them in, i used them and the shoes started hurting the balls of my feet, and were creasing badly

I decided to go buy some skechers because my friend said they were the best running shoes, i was laughing at him saying thise shoes are for old folks and kids, but i said fuck it nobody is going to give a shit im just using these for running, got them for like 45 bucks at the skechers outlet and I had no issue with my feet they are still holding up too and the cushioning absorbed the impact.

Reeboks also have better quality than nike.

Nike is a garbage overpriced shoe. Using the cheapest material and labor they know they got sucker following who will pay more thinking the shoe is great.

Last edited:
I've never really took skechers seriously as an athletic brand but I did read great feedback about their running shoes.

And yet everyone jerks off all over Nike because of the Kaepernick campaign. That guy in Colorado that just had to shut down his sporting good store was doing everyone a favor by not selling their stuff. Not because of his political stand, but because their sweat shop made products are way overpriced.

Oh gee, people have discovered most sneakers are cheap shit, who Knew?

Most skateboard shoe companies are going to be under much more scrutiny in regards to holding up as compared to other shoes. Skaters tear up their shoes like crazy, so obviously skateboarders are going to be more picky.

And yet everyone jerks off all over Nike because of the Kaepernick campaign. That guy in Colorado that just had to shut down his sporting good store was doing everyone a favor by not selling their stuff. Not because of his political stand, but because their sweat shop made products are way overpriced.
Nike rather push their politics than make better quality shoes, they use super cheap slave labor yet too

Yea, it's crazy.

If I have to pay that much for a pair of sneakers, I better also be getting the small, sweaty Asian child who made it as well so I can start my own little grassroots sweatshop business

I've never really took skechers seriously as an athletic brand but I did read great feedback about their running shoes.
Lol same here, i thought my friend was trolling me, until he came to the gym we work out at wearing them and using them on the treadmill, he said he had them for a year and they still held up.

Yea, it's crazy.

If I have to pay that much for a pair of sneakers, I better also be getting the small, sweaty Asian child who made it as well so I can start my own little grassroots sweatshop business
It's funny, Nike charges $250 for an Elite football jersey of theirs, which is the fully stitched, close to field worn jersey as you can get. I bought an Andrew Luck jersey from a company in China that makes exact replicas of those Nike jerseys for $110. It even had the Nike tags stitched to the jersey and the Nike paper tag attached still. You seriously couldn't tell the difference between this one and the Nike jersey.

Wouldn't shock me in the least bit if they were made in the same factory.

Lol same here, i thought my friend was trolling me, until he came to the gym we work out at wearing them and using them on the treadmill, he said he had them for a year and they still held up.
My problem is they're sold at about the same price as other major brands. So I bought nikes. <6>

But hey, if it works for you, then that's what's important.

Most skateboard shoe companies are going to be under much more scrutiny in regards to holding up as compared to other shoes. Skaters tear up their shoes like crazy, so obviously skateboarders are going to be more picky.

My nike sb skate shoe blew out bad, while the cheaper little know skate brand shoe were still holding strong after long usage. i think they were Emerica brand? Im not sure. But i wore them for a good two or three years for work they got dirty of course but the sole remained strong and no ripping.

Someone posted the colorado shop closing on linkedin- the only social media site I visit aside from sherdog. And everyone was jubilant and pro-colin. I feel like a guy contemplating closing his FB account.

It's funny, Nike charges $250 for an Elite football jersey of theirs, which is the fully stitched, close to field worn jersey as you can get. I bought an Andrew Luck jersey from a company in China that makes exact replicas of those Nike jerseys for $110. It even had the Nike tags stitched to the jersey and the Nike paper tag attached still. You seriously couldn't tell the difference between this one and the Nike jersey.

It doesn't shock me that businesses charge 100s of dollars for something that cost less than 10% to make. It kinda shocks me that people still continue to buy at those prices

+1 on the skate shoes.

Even when I play basketball I wear high-top skate shoes.

They're made to be beat up and last forever.

Probabaly are, i remember some dude on youtube bought bootleg nikes and compared them to some real nikes and tested them out and the bootleg lasted longer lol thats messed up.

Reebok has great quality, i bought a pair recently and wear them the cushion is good and they never tore near the sole, almost all my nikes wind up creasing bad near the bend and eventually tearing up making a hole

My problem is they're sold at about the same price as other major brands. So I bought nikes. <6>

But hey, if it works for you, then that's what's important.
Go to the outlet when they have sales, got mine for 50 percent off near christmas time.

I’ve been running on the same pair of New Balance shoes for well over a decade. They still feel great. I have put thousands of miles on them. Or maybe hundreds. Idk.

That's not too likely, major brands have excellently stringent controls of their China suppliers to ensure this doesn't happen, and the suppliers likely won't run the risk of losing a major customer over selling traceable fakes on Alibaba (I tried to do this before, they refused). The factory next door though will have the exact same tools, know-how and access to materials and will be happy to put together an exact copy at half the price.

Yea, it's crazy.

I recall seeing some article back when Air Jordans were first being sold in the 80s and they reported that Nike was paying less than $3.50 a pair to have them made.

Back