Nick Thompson Called Out by Crackhead Iron Rings Manager

Do people really think Kung Fu is that effective? If it was wouldn't Kung Fu masters be able to destroy everyone in MMA?

If MMA was truly a no-rules 'fight to the death' arena they probably would...

If you're trained to defend yourself and knock people out for self defense, isn't that basically the same as being trained to defend yourself and knock people out for sport?

Kungfu people aren't trained to knock people out they're trained to break bones and kill.

That's the difference between a traditional martial art and a "sport".

Kungfu people aren't trained to knock people out they're trained to break bones and kill.

This argument is used all the time. Could you imagine what a top MMA fighter like Fedor, BJ, and Wanderlei would do to some people if they ever fought them in the street and fought them with the intent to kill people. Show us PROOF that kung fu is the most EFFECTIVE style of self defense cause so far this is all talk with nothing substantial to back it up.

That's such a meaningless statement. BJJ practitioners are trained to "break bones and kill" too, there is no fucking internal mechanism that makes them stop when the other guy taps, that's just a rule that's added when the martial art is practiced as a sport.

If there were no rules, they could rip someone's damn arm off or choke them to death.

This Maoshan guy is such a joke.. He would get crushed... He wants it to be a street fight because he wants to gouge out Nicks eyes or doing something dirty. If I were Nick, I would take this retard down, mount him then rip his eyeballs out and feed it to him.

I wonder how long it took him to make his video.

it was a body builder...I don't remember his name though

I'm not a big kung fu guy, but do they teach takedown defense?

good because he is gonna need it. after his first sprawl, which thats even giving him a little credit. nick will set up his next takedown with a 1-2. then its gameover.

This Maoshan guy is such a joke.. He would get crushed... He wants it to be a street fight because he wants to gouge out Nicks eyes or doing something dirty. If I were Nick, I would take this retard down, mount him then rip his eyeballs out and feed it to him.

I wonder how long it took him to make his video.

I think he wants to show that his style is the style that will save his life in a fight will the MMA style more for the sport.

But once you become a paid fighter you can't stoop to these levels and start fighting people because someone is talking shit.

I'm not even an MMA fighter and it ain't worth my time to fight some retard that wants to talk trash.

Show us PROOF that kung fu is the most EFFECTIVE style of self defense cause so far this is all talk with nothing substantial to back it up.

And talk is cheap. Maoshan knew Nick's terms were 20-40k bonded, no rules, neutral location, winner takes all. Nick was told that Maoshan was securing a promoter. Evidently no one would back Maoshan so he made a video calling Nick a bitch. Go figure.

This argument is used all the time. Could you imagine what a top MMA fighter like Fedor, BJ, and Wanderlei would do to some people if they ever fought them in the street and fought them with the intent to kill people. Show us PROOF that kung fu is the most EFFECTIVE style of self defense cause so far this is all talk with nothing substantial to back it up.

Exactly. I really don't understand this: if Kung Fu practitioners claim that it is a style to quickly finish the opponent, how would fighting within the confines of 3 5-minute rounds be unfair? Kung Fu obviously is not built on the foundations of eye-gouging and "ear-ripping" so would the elimination of these techniques seriously COMPLETELY prevent the Kung Fu expert from performing as best he could?

It seems completely ridiculous that people are actually still arguing about this. Please go and watch early UFCs. Now try to imagine some of the best MMA fighters today competing in them against Ninjitsu experts with death blows, etc. There's literally NO documented proof that a Kung Fu expert would beat an MMA fighter -- no videos, no articles, no anecdotes -- nothing.

I, just like everyone here, am happy for the evolution of MMA and the introduction of rules, weight classes, sanctioning, etc. But I hope Nick actually leaves this "Maoshan" with no excuses. Fight him for free. No gloves. No time limits. Just no eye-gouging/biting. UFC 1 rules. Not just to prove this disillusioned guy wrong, but as a modern example of what it seems (from all the ignorant comments on these youtube videos) still the minority of us have known for years. Then no one will have to watch Royce Gracie and Jason DeLucia to be reminded of the obvious.

I don't even know how this has become a debate. When I go out to the club I usually go with my friends from the gym. Most of which are pro or amateur MMA fighters. Occasionally fights break out and the MMA fighter always wins.

You guys can "keep it street" and try and claw, eye gouge and grab a dude's balls but it doesn't change the fact that we spend 4 hours a night beating the shit out of each other. MMA bans a few moves but I'd love to see you get in position to pull those off with me bangin on your face or snapping your limbs.

If the troll who said that pro fighters don't stand a chance in a real street fight is not convinced by every argument presenteed, this should do it since it is a pro fighter talking. Good job for ending the stupid one-seded debate.

Wow, you just made my day. Thank you for being a Grade A retard. That was funny stuff.

But I hope Nick actually leaves this "Maoshan" with no excuses. Fight him for free. No gloves. No time limits. Just no eye-gouging/biting. UFC 1 rules. Not just to prove this disillusioned guy wrong, but as a modern example of what it seems (from all the ignorant comments on these youtube videos) still the minority of us have known for years. Then no one will have to watch Royce Gracie and Jason DeLucia to be reminded of the obvious.

So now professional fighters should fight anyone for free? Wtf? Excuses? Make no mistake, Maoshan is the one making the excuses, he knew the terms. Don't let him fool you into thinking he is a race/class victim.

If anyone missed it, here is Nick's response:

Lol, e-mail I just got from kung fu dude and my response.

"Check this out man, I come to you like a man, not some bitch. I don't have mouth pieces running a Bunch of bullshit about you on the net. But fuck the bullshit, you've got my full attention now.And I see I've got yours. Why'd you take the clips down now? You should have done that shit before you challenged me. But no differance, it's not about the ring or money and in particular any rules. You challenged Kung Fu, now it's Bloodsport."

Bloodsport? As in we are going to put glass on our knuckles before the fight? In any case, listen guy, I fight for money. If you can't come up with they money that is fine but then I have no interest in talking to you any further. However, I have several lesser known teammates who I am sure would be interested in fighting you just for publicity's sake. So why don't we do this? We have the fight on Madtown Throwdown. There is no commission so we can do no rules. You can feel free to use you killer tiger eye lock or whatever. You put up nothing but you and your corner's airfare. You get nothing to show but if and when you undoubtedly win, you receive a substantial win bonus. The amount can be agreed upon later and I will even agree to pay a portion of said amount. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Nick "the Bitch Goat" Thompson

i guess he's heard of sky mezger haha
the goat would viciously rape that little skinny mouthpiece he should challende dave chapelle first .

iron rings is bad for mma...you have rappers a boxer and crazy horse wtf? when it goes to the ground they bitching and complaining, IMO i can do without it...

just another wannabe.. trying to make a name for himself calling out professional athletes with actual careers, ..that he KNOWS wont streetfight him..
what a pussy.

So now professional fighters should fight anyone for free? Wtf?

No, they shouldn't. It would be stupid for professional fighters to actually legitimize every challenge from these types of people. All I was saying is that after following this story since Nick said he'd fight this guy on the UG, I really hope this somehow happens. You have to admit you'd love to see a Maoshan vs. The Goat fight pop up on youtube one day so you can watch it repeatedly for your viewing pleasure, right? (Don't pretend you haven't watched THIS a few times!)

I'm going to throw in my experience on this since I read a lot of BS from both sides of the arguments.

Truth is, an MMA fighter would generally have very little problem in a one on one street fight.

The biggest weapon they have (and any pro fighter) is composure in the face of violence and the experience of giving and taking blows.

Many people without that experience of full contact combat (no matter how good there 'bag work' or techniques) wilt under the pressure of full contact fighting.

However, there are a couple of things which self defence orientated arts SHOULD (not all, some do not train this) have the advantage in, and that is situational awareness.

Just being a tough fighter doesnt mean you are good at SD. Check how Lee Murray (with a wealth of street SD) flattened Tito. Tito would flatten Murray in the ring 9 times outta ten, but not in the street obviously.

A good SD art should drill aggressive scenarios with one or more aggressors in various environments, including how to identify who is going to attack, ways to escape, or find weapons.

But in a 1 on 1 fight in a controlled fight, the full contact experienced fighter will generall win.

No, they shouldn't. It would be stupid for professional fighters to actually legitimize every challenge from these types of people. All I was saying is that after following this story since Nick said he'd fight this guy on the UG, I really hope this somehow happens. You have to admit you'd love to see a Maoshan vs. The Goat fight pop up on youtube one day so you can watch it repeatedly for your viewing pleasure, right? (Don't pretend you haven't watched THIS a few times!)

You said Nick should fight Maoshan for free. Then after he beats Maoshan, the next guy will say that Maoshan wasn't "real Kung Fu". Repeat.

Back