Nick Newell responds to Dana White.

Really, really dumb tweet. He should just let his fights speak for him, or maybe start up a Twitter campaign or some shit. Dana probably barely knows anything about Newell and now his only interaction with him is a recycled Diaz quote used on any given YouTube video with Nick in it :rolleyes:

I watched the fight where he won that LW title (mfc I think?) and thought the whole time his opponent looked like he was holding back and not going all out.

I mean the guy was smiling after he lost to Nick. You lost and youre smiling?!? I know it was a feel good moment but elite level competitors are going to come after you, exploit your flaws, and aren't going to look happy after losing a world title fight.

So because his opponent didnt charge like a bull throwing overhands and gave an awkward smile after he lost Nick cant get credit for that win? I really dont see why your discrediting him. If he wins 2 more fights against a logical step up each time i dont see any reason he shouldnt be signed to Bellator, UFC or WSOF.

He hasn't fought any competition at all. It would be a joke for him to fight in the UFC at this point, and a classic case of giving someone an undeserved shot because they have a disability.

there's plenty of guys on the zuffa roster who've fought much worse comp than newell and got the call to fight, don't get why so many poeple are using this as an argument...

Haha well if nick Newell keeps winning then he really could find a place in the UFC. He should keep up the good work, he's an inspiration.

I'm skeptical he can hang with the top guys but must admit I was very impress when I saw him fight Eric Reynolds. Reynolds is by no means a top guy guy he can scrap and Newell made beating him look academic. That's a cat who went to the third round with Robert Emerson, Eddie Alvarez and Jorge Masvidal yet Newell took him out in like 80 seconds.

if he can make it through higher level competition, then I don't think the UFC would deny him a chance. Dana didn't know who he was, and he admits that Joe Silva and the other guy are the ones that make a lot of the decisions about who to sign anyway.

Back