Nick Newell responds to Dana White.

What is up with these mma fighters that lock horns with the boss.
Normal people dont do that.
Too much testosterone i guess.

He hasn't fought any competition at all. It would be a joke for him to fight in the UFC at this point, and a classic case of giving someone an undeserved shot because they have a disability.

Some disabled rights groups are going to be all over this I bet.

If I'm gameplanning for Newell, it's fairly heavy on left hooks.

no joke.

How can the guy even defend against left hooks? He'd have to bring almost his entire...what's left of his arm up, and then one could simply hit the body, he drops the arm to defend and left hook to the face.

Not to mention... left high kick.

He hasn't fought any competition at all. It would be a joke for him to fight in the UFC at this point, and a classic case of giving someone an undeserved shot because they have a disability.

Who did Cain and JDS beat before they were in the UFC? This kid can fight dude, if not now another 2-3 wins and he should get a shot just like every other young fighter would.

looks really,really dumb to tweet crap to Dana like that.Guess he really wants to get attn

This is also a huge part of it. People are like "why wouldn't dana consider nick newell?"

because he hasn't hardly done anything in mma... even if he had two hands, they don't just let anyone into the UFC. He's got like ONE win over a former bellator guy but everyone else was cans.

He needs to try to get himself a bigger fight, and prove that athletic commissions in the big fight states will even let him fight, and if he wins those, then we can talk.

Otherwise right now, he's only being discussed because of his disability.

Save the "why isn't X in the UFC" threads for Ben Askren. (now THAT is a shame. Not trying to get a top level fighter cause he's considered boring)

What is up with these mma fighters that lock horns with the boss.
Normal people dont do that.
Too much testosterone i guess.

Normal bosses don't flap their lips about employees of other companies either.

As far as left hooks high kicks, have any of you even seen him fight?...

no joke.

How can the guy even defend against left hooks? He'd have to bring almost his entire...what's left of his arm up, and then one could simply hit the body, he drops the arm to defend and left hook to the face.

Not to mention... left high kick.

Because the people he fight don't exploit his obvious deficiency and just stand there and get styled on.

But it's sub-regional talent so there's that.

I feel that Newell should be forced to wear an MMA glove over his stub.

That shit is bone, just like the bone of a knuckle.

Fair is fair.

Nick Newell ‏@NotoriousNewell

@danawhite Don't be scared homie

My personal opinion is that Dana will never sign him for the backlash he would get if Nick was destroyed by top level guys. who knows maybe he could hang with some.

Dana White: "Oh..you want in that bad? Ok. You're quoting Diaz bros, huh? Ok. You're in. Your first fight? Nate Diaz!"
:icon_lol:

Baxter Humby wears a glove. On the other hand feet, forearms, shins, elbows, and knees have bones in them and they are not covered by gloves.

This is also a huge part of it. People are like "why wouldn't dana consider nick newell?"

because he hasn't hardly done anything in mma... even if he had two hands, they don't just let anyone into the UFC. He's got like ONE win over a former bellator guy but everyone else was cans.

He needs to try to get himself a bigger fight, and prove that athletic commissions in the big fight states will even let him fight, and if he wins those, then we can talk.

Otherwise right now, he's only being discussed because of his disability.

Save the "why isn't X in the UFC" threads for Ben Askren. (now THAT is a shame. Not trying to get a top level fighter cause he's considered boring)

First off Askren is under contract and is the Bellator champ so he aint going any place for a while. Second i dont understand why you guys are acting like the UFC doesnt burn through so many 155/170ers. Not every signing has to be an Askren, Alvarez or Lombard. He would be considered a prospect with one arm or two imo.

Why is he even being considered for the ufc if he beats some named guys or good comp then let him in till then who cares.

I'm not trying to be not sensitive but he'd probably get destroyed in the UFC.

I wouldn't sign him if I were Dana, not good for business.

I watched the fight where he won that LW title (mfc I think?) and thought the whole time his opponent looked like he was holding back and not going all out.

I mean the guy was smiling after he lost to Nick. You lost and youre smiling?!? I know it was a feel good moment but elite level competitors are going to come after you, exploit your flaws, and aren't going to look happy after losing a world title fight.

Back