Nick Newell responds to Dana White.

dAnK00

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Nick Newell ‏@NotoriousNewell

@danawhite Don't be scared homie

My personal opinion is that Dana will never sign him for the backlash he would get if Nick was destroyed by top level guys. who knows maybe he could hang with some.

I had no idea who that was, so i looked it up.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2012/0805/549749/dana-white/

He's a one handed fighter who is currently undefeated at 9-0.

EDIT: More recent quote from Dana:
"It's hard to fight with two arms, you know what I mean? Maybe, I don't know. I don't know. He hasn't fought in Nevada or any of the big states," White told the attending media. "There's guys that are out there that we bring in that are considered top guys for The Ultimate Fighter that don't ever really pan out.

"I don't know if the state of Nevada would let him fight. Would the state of California let him fight? I don't know. I have no idea. Fighting with one arm is just crazy."

Last edited:
I don't want to see him hurt. Think what the suplexing russian would do to him...

c'mon we all know he would loose to almost ANY lightweight in the UFC

Nick Newell vs. Guida that would be an exciting fight

I think replying "Don't be scared homie" isn't the smartest way for him to try and get in to the UFC. He has to show more interest to Dana by asking "What would I need to do to get in?" instead of quoting a fighter White has a past with (in terms of trouble with Diaz).

P.S. I'm sure that question could be met with a sick joke but I'm not going to be the one to say it.

Uh, not trying to be rude but when I watch him fight I transfixed on that short arm. I can't stop looking at it and seeing how he uses it instead of watching his fights. I have go back and catch the damn KO's hahaha. The dude has slick submission and can even land a suplex, it's freaky.

Give him to Ronda Rousey in a mixed gender match. I don't know if he beats her.

Really immature reply from him. Dana White is NOT your "homie", and he certainly isn't scared of you. That was an ill advised reply from him, and he should delete it an apologize.

he will be easily taken down and gets TKOd via unable to defend himself

Really immature reply from him. Dana White is NOT your "homie", and he certainly isn't scared of you. That was an ill advised reply from him, and he should delete it an apologize.

agree 100%, not the smartest move at all

Back