Nick isn't Nate and GSP isn't Bendo

It was a close first round, where Penn landed some nice shots and a few combos. Diaz as well landed some solid shots. All in all, it was a very close round

The first round wasn't close when you add in the fact that BJ took Diaz down and had his back for a while which you conveniently left out. I also saw Diaz get outboxed for the most part in that round.

Not sure why it matters that Diaz dropped a round to BJ but he definitely did.

I don't see this fight going any differently other than GSP being more dominate then Bendo.

Nick is a better grappler than Condit.

Lets get real for a second.

In pure BJJ yes but in MMA is he? Condit has amazing sweeps and subs and Condit has proven he can decisively beat top wrestlers, Nick has not!

Or faster honestly. His shot is one of the fastest you'll ever see.

The transitions in MMA are about much more than just the shoot. Bendo is faster than GSP at punching and kicking and then moving back out of harm's way. He's faster at unloading on his opponents when he has them on the ground. He's faster at getting out of the clinch and doing damage with a punch or elbow.

GSP knew what he was talking about when he praised the smaller fighter. Bendo was a helluva more exciting fighting Nate than GSP has been fighting any of his opponents in title fights. And that was because of Bendo's superior quickness at transitions.

Penn was top 10 ranked in LW not WW. The only WW wins Penn had in the UFC were both to Matt Hughes. That only leaves Daley. He hasnt beat anybody else relevant. Legends past their prime dont count.
Whether u like it or not BJ was ranked top 10 at WW at the time . Win over Hughes and a draw against the guy ranked 2nd got him ranked. You may not agree, but research it. Penn and Daley both top 10

Now I know you don't know what you're watching. Penn's BJJ is MILES ahead of both of the Diaz bros put together.

Penn has multiple records in the pure grappling world that still stand and will likely never be broken. The dude is one of the greatest grapplers to ever compete in MMA for god's sake and arguable the most accomplished grappler to ever come from the US.

Sorry but you seriously have no clue in hell if you think that Nick beats Penn at anything on the ground.

Considering Penn has Nicks back and could do nothing with it says something about Diaz BJJ itself.
Penn was great when he did BJJ full time and the comp wasn't as high as it is now. He lost some of his edge when he went into MMA full time. His guard isn't even comparable to Nicks. Just because Nick never did BJJ full time doesn't mean BJ is automatically better than him.
Here is Nick subbing Jorge Patino

Here are Jorge Patino BJJ accomplishments.

2x Pan American Champion (2000 – closed the brackets with his team mate Roberto Godoi, 2001);
Pan American Silver Medallist (1997 – brown belt);
Brazilian National Bronze Medallist (2000)

Not to mention he beat Jacare in a MMA bout.

Last edited:
Considering Penn has Nicks back and could do nothing with it says something about Diaz BJJ itself.
Penn was great when he did BJJ full time and the comp wasn't as high as it is now. He lost some of his edge when he went into MMA full time. His guard isn't even comparable to Nicks.
Here is Nick subbing Jorge Patino

Here are Jorge Patino BJJ accomplishments.

2x Pan American Champion (2000

Bro, Penn in no way 'smoked' Diaz in the 1st. I see people posting all the time, and it is just not true. It was a close first round, where Penn landed some nice shots and a few combos. Diaz as well landed some solid shots. All in all, it was a very close round

Penn did not smoke him but he easily won the first round. To say it was a close round id crazy

RenoBJJer is correct that while Penn had the superior BJJ accomplishments, he lost some of his edge competing in MMA, and he doesn't have the guard that Nick Diaz has.

The first round wasn't close when you add in the fact that BJ took Diaz down and had his back for a while which you conveniently left out. I also saw Diaz get outboxed for the most part in that round.

Not sure why it matters that Diaz dropped a round to BJ but he definitely did.

By the numbers Penn outstruck Diaz and also as you mentioned the takedown, so even as a Diaz fan, Penn took Round 1.

Penn did not smoke him but he easily won the first round. To say it was a close round id crazy

I've noticed nearly all Diaz fans are revisionist historians. They probably smoke weed as they post on Sherdog.

If that is your excuse than BJ is only good in the 1st round at WW.

Why does the 1st round of Penn vs Nick matter in the first place?
Only idiots would reach as far as to say Penn, who got absolutely dominated in the fight, had a good round. The dude got fucking dominated.
It doesn't matter since fights aren't one round.

Why does the 1st round of Penn vs Nick matter in the first place?
Only idiots would reach as far as to say Penn, who got absolutely dominated in the fight, had a good round. The dude got fucking dominated.
It doesn't matter since fights aren't one round.

Calm down.. I was using pointless arguments to counter pointless arguments.

Back