Nick isn't Nate and GSP isn't Bendo

I'm a hater because I want to see him fight a good grappler before he fights the best grappler/wrestler in the division? I'm not even asking for a top 10 guy..

Nick is a better grappler than Condit.

Lets get real for a second.

I'm a hater because I want to see him fight a good grappler before he fights the best grappler/wrestler in the division? I'm not even asking for a top 10 guy..
Well when you name a bunch of guys who shouldnt even be allowed near the cage when nick fights, let alone actually fighting nick, yes ur a hater

Top? Maybe, debatable but I see Penn being better.

Bottom? No fucking way. When has Penn ever subbed anyone from the bottom in MMA? Nick has subbed a BB in cyborg in seconds after it hit the mat. He also subbed sakurai in the same fashion.

Penn definitely has better overall BJJ than Diaz but Diaz is a better submission threat from the bottom (not that it will matter vs GSP). Positionally, BJ is far better than Diaz and BJ has never been submitted in MMA or even close.

Well when you name a bunch of guys who shouldnt even be allowed near the cage when nick fights, let alone actually fighting nick, yes ur a hater

Do you know who nick diaz has been fighting for the past few years? Guys like Scott Smith.. Cyborg... and Noons..

You mean the Daley who beat down Kampmann, one of the best strikers in the WW division? The same Kampmann who narrowly beat Condit in a striking battle?

The Penn the "smoked" Diaz than got utterly dominated? Yeah that Penn. You are really reaching buddy.

Try taking a BJJ class and maybe you would understand what I'm talking about when I say positional BJJ.

Condit is a MUCH better striker now and Kampmann has always had overrated striking.

Boxing up a gassed LW Penn after getting out struck in the first is nothing to brag about. Rory looked much better standing with Penn then Nick did! I was impressed with the Daley fight though even if Daley is a very average fighter who stupidly chose to just stand in front of a guy with great hands (but poor boxing) and a iron chin

Nates wins over Jim Miller, Maynard and Cerrone ARE more impressive then anything Nick has ever done at WW! Nick has really done nothing in MMA that shows he will even put up a some what competitive fight with GSP

well, you are right about one thing TS...gsp is not bendo...he is better at taking people down than bendo, hes also got about the same striking power. Nick on the other hand is pretty much like nate.

This will be a replay of the LW title at WW but with more take downs by gsp. Its pretty simple.

Top? Maybe, debatable but I see Penn being better.

Bottom? No fucking way. When has Penn ever subbed anyone from the bottom in MMA? Nick has subbed a BB in cyborg in seconds after it hit the mat. He also subbed sakurai in the same fashion.

Now I know you don't know what you're watching. Penn's BJJ is MILES ahead of both of the Diaz bros put together.

Penn has multiple records in the pure grappling world that still stand and will likely never be broken. The dude is one of the greatest grapplers to ever compete in MMA for god's sake and arguable the most accomplished grappler to ever come from the US.

Sorry but you seriously have no clue in hell if you think that Nick beats Penn at anything on the ground.

Penn definitely has better overall BJJ than Diaz but Diaz is a better submission threat from the bottom (not that it will matter vs GSP). Positionally, BJ is far better than Diaz and BJ has never been submitted in MMA or even close.

I think it's debatable. Penn was once very good but I think he has lost his edge after he went into MMA full time. Nick has subbed some great grapplers in BJJ comps. You definitely aren't wrong for having that opinion though. Could be true.

Nicks main weapon is his guard though.

Bendo has one thing GSP doesn't have: catlike quickness. GSP is excellent in his transitions, but he'll never be as fast and smooth as Bendo.

Okay, really? And we are talking about the Diaz fans being delusional?

Winning consistently earns title shots. Which Diaz brother has done that lately? Oh wait...

nick's being sidelined by bs charges

and nate won like 4 straight till the championship fight

u act like they fallen off or something

The same unranked Daley that has only ever barely broke top ten?

The same Penn that smoked Diaz in the first round only to gas and fall apart in the second? The same Penn that has done that in every fight in the last two years?

Positional BJJ? I guess if lying on your back in closed guard is "positional" then sure, Diaz is the man...

Bro, Penn in no way 'smoked' Diaz in the 1st. I see people posting all the time, and it is just not true. It was a close first round, where Penn landed some nice shots and a few combos. Diaz as well landed some solid shots. All in all, it was a very close round

If anything this will be worse.

GSP should walk out to "its raining men" and proceed to rain elbows fists and knees on a supine Diaz until he quits, judges invoke mercy rule, or ref pulls him off. Unless ref is Mirgliota or Mazigati in which case Diaz may die.

Honestly Diaz fans are some of the funniest on Sherdog. They deny reality almost as good as the Diaz bros.

You just said BJ "smoked" Nick in round 1. Who's denying reality? That first round was very close, but dumbfuck haters like you just come here to try and start arguments.

Bro, Penn in no way 'smoked' Diaz in the 1st. I see people posting all the time, and it is just not true. It was a close first round, where Penn landed some nice shots and a few combos. Diaz as well landed some solid shots. All in all, it was a very close round

No. You either didn't see the fight or you're biased because it wasn't competitive.

In an exhibition when Maynard was just a wrestler trying to learn MMA. Does not even count in the record.

You're an idiot it's still a real match. The only reason it is not on the record is because the state would have had to release the results prior to the show airing if it wasn't.

i can see it going similar but with nick doing better in the stand up

Back