Nick isn't Nate and GSP isn't Bendo

I think the similarity will be that GSP, like Benson, will not play the Diaz brother's game. How these two bait so many fighters into playing their game at their range is mind boggling.

If Nick actually fought any of these guys and beat them I would be moderately excited for gsp vs diaz:

Mike Pierce
Rick Story
DHK
Jay Hieron
Charlie Brenneman

Notice how I didn't pick any top 10 WW's..

I love how this is continually being ignored and the rare instance its addressed something incredibly ridiculous is produced to dismiss it.:icon_lol:
Ignored cuz it was 6 years ago. Any talks about how Nick would fare against wrestlers today is pure speculation. Yes, when he 22-23 years old he lost some decisions against wrestlers. He couldnt possibly of gotten better since then

Gsp will beat Diaz, no matter how much you try to spin things.

When did I ever say he wouldn't.

I wasn't spinning shit, that's the truth. If it wasn't you would have something to rebuttal with but instead you have to stick with your stick man argument. "QUITTING SPINNING STUFF BRAH, GSP IS GOING TO BEAT DOWN NICK"

Debating a point nobody is trying to make.

Bendo has one thing GSP doesn't have: catlike quickness. GSP is excellent in his transitions, but he'll never be as fast and smooth as Bendo.

No, because GSP is a more polished version of Bendo and Nick is a more one-dimensional version of Nate.

GSP via UD, 5 rounds of Ground and Pound.

thats not true. nick will do much better than nate. still 50 - 45 gsp :)

I agree TS, not the same fight, i think Nick's bjj nulifies the top control Gsp has making this a dangerous fight for Gsp. Who's the last person Gsp knocked out, and anyone that got punched in the face 100s of times would look like Koscheck, i'd be more impresses if it was done with one punch.

Doubtful. Penn is much better both top and bottom game in BJJ than NIck and was unable to do anything

You mean the Daley who beat down Kampmann, one of the best strikers in the WW division? The same Kampmann who narrowly beat Condit in a striking battle?

The Penn the "smoked" Diaz than got utterly dominated? Yeah that Penn. You are really reaching buddy.

Try taking a BJJ class and maybe you would understand what I'm talking about.

LOL... Kampmann, man that's a credential and a half! Diaz beat someone who beat Kampman!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A TITLE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm the one reaching?

Penn beat Diaz's face to shit in the first round. He slipped Diaz's girly punches and landed hard ass over hands. Like I said, he has done that in every fight he's been in for the past couple of years (at least). Beating Penn is easy after the first round. I bet you could beat Penn after the first round if you manage to survive.

As for your last sentence, I'm not going to talk about training because this is the internet and I don't feel the need to talk myself up or even claim to train, but I can tell you I've been watching MMA since the nineties and watched pure grappling for years. Marcello Garcia is my all time favorite grappler and I know what I'm watching.

Someone who thinks Diaz is going to beat the most effective wrestler in MMA? Now that guy probably doesn't know what he's watching.

If Nick actually fought any of these guys and beat them I would be moderately excited for gsp vs diaz:

Mike Pierce
Rick Story
DHK
Jay Hieron
Charlie Brenneman

Notice how I didn't pick any top 10 WW's..
Thats how you know whos just a hater

Actually, Nick outstruck Sherk by 40-50 strikes and landed more significant strikes and he got the better of the grappling. Reason why many people believe Nick won that fight.

Diaz lost a unanimous decision to Sherk, 30-27 on all 3 cards. Deal with it.

LOL... Kampmann, man that's a credential and a half! Diaz beat someone who beat Kampman!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A TITLE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penn beat Diaz's face to shit in the first round. He slipped Diaz's girly punches and landed hard ass over hands. Like I said, he has done that in every fight he's been in for the past couple of years (at least). Beating Penn is easy after the first round. I bet you could beat Penn after the first round if you manage to survive.

As for your last sentence, I'm not going to talk about training because this is the internet and I don't feel the need to talk myself up or even claim to train, but I can tell you I've been watching MMA since the nineties and watched pure grappling for years. Marcello Garcia is my all time favorite grappler and I know what I'm watching.

Someone who thinks Diaz is going to beat the most effective wrestler in MMA? Now that guy probably doesn't know what he's watching.
laying on daley got Kos a title shot

Doubtful. Penn is much better both top and bottom game in BJJ than NIck and was unable to do anything

Top? Maybe, debatable but I see Penn being better.

Bottom? No fucking way. When has Penn ever subbed anyone from the bottom in MMA? Nick has subbed a BB in cyborg in seconds after it hit the mat. He also subbed sakurai in the same fashion.

didn't Hendricks just "earn" a titleshot by beating kampmann according to sherdoggers?

Only a hater would say he has no top 10 wins at WW. Everyone knows Penn and Daley were top 10 when they fought Nick. You will try and discredit those wins but go check any rankings before those 2 fights. If you hate the guy thats fine but lets try and use some logic and honesty here

Penn was top 10 ranked in LW not WW. The only WW wins Penn had in the UFC were both to Matt Hughes. That only leaves Daley. He hasnt beat anybody else relevant. Legends past their prime dont count.

Hope Nick shocks the world so that some of these snobbish Sherdoggers will get off their damn pedestal, it's a fight and anything can happen with two of the best in the world!

Back