Nick Diaz

Now comes the whole "Government don't care what I have to say" crap

That is pretty much what I was getting at: in regards to inconsistencies. His sentence was longer because of a 2nd offence and realistically that shouldn't factor in .
It's not something which should necessarily bode remorse, as it in actuality affects no one. Therefore I dont agree with the 12 month suspension over the 6. The sentence should be consistent with the offence, whereas here it was doubled in an effort to teach Diaz a lesson. As if he had been sorry for what he did they may have been more lenient. Shouldn't work that way in my opinion.

no matter what circumstance you are talking about, repeat offenders are almost always given harsher penalties than first time offenders.

Falsely filling out your paperwork is grounds for and warrants a suspension in itself. Chael had a prescription for TRT but wasn't reporting it, and the lies got him over a years suspension, so why should Nick be any different?

Chael was not taking TRT under the supervision of any doctor at the time. He eventually came clean.

Chael was not taking TRT under the supervision of any doctor at the time. He eventually came clean.

I'm pretty sure he was. He was claiming that he had a prescription for awhile and even had a deal worked out with the CSAC where he didn't have to report it.
Just because he wasn't reporting it and wasn't applying for a TUE doesn't mean he didn't have a prescription and wasn't under a doctors care.

Speaking of deals with the CSAC, there was an issue with Nick Diaz where he claimed that he had a deal worked out where he would only be tested for the marijuana around fight time and there wouldn't be any random tests, which is why he had refused to participate in a random test years back.

no matter what circumstance you are talking about, repeat offenders are almost always given harsher penalties than first time offenders.

I guess that's what I'm objecting to. I'm not going to expand though as the argument gets deep into moral philosophy and determinism so nows not the time or the place lol

I'm pretty sure he was. He was claiming that he had a prescription for awhile and even had a deal worked out with the CSAC where he didn't have to report it.
Just because he wasn't reporting it and wasn't applying for a TUE doesn't mean he didn't have a prescription and wasn't under a doctors care.

Nope, he didn't. There is no doctor on the record that ever prescribed TRT for Chael Sonnen before the incident. He did briefly claim the UFC's doctor authorized one. Unfortunately it was unanimous that he lied. Sherdog actually ran a decent article documenting it. Had quotes from Dana White and Kizer.

Nope, he didn't. There is no doctor on the record that ever prescribed TRT for Chael Sonnen before the incident. He did briefly claim the UFC's doctor authorized one. Unfortunately it was unanimous that he lied. Sherdog actually ran a decent article documenting it. Had quotes from Dana White and Kizer.

Kizer works for the NSAC, and Chael's people were claiming they had something worked out with the CSAC. I'm thinking if somebody pointed out publicly that somebody was working out inappropriate deals behind the scene and they were a public official, then it isn't far fetched to believe that person would vocally deny it. I don't think it was Chael that was claiming the UFC doctors had authorized it either. It was people in his camp.
That was a big he said she said incident, so I don't hold too much weight to what anybody said.
Either way, Chael lied on his application to the NSAC and did his time for it. Which is exactly the same thing happening to Diaz right now.

When you have high level social anxiety and you are heading into the biggest fight of your life with the most media and fan eye balls on you...MASSIVELY HARD.

People with high level social anxiety often cannot even get out of bed if they know they have to present in front of 10 people at work that day.

I am no marijuana booster but it is so sad that guys can drug up on all sorts of harmful pharm drugs to control stuff like that but smoking a natural product that is way less harmful is prohibited because big pharma cannot figure out a way to control and sell the functional ingredients.

I'm calling BS on this. He never said his smoking was for social anxiety, he said it was for ADD. I'm sorry but that is the most retarded excuse ever. Anyone who smokes or has smoked knows that weed doesn't allow you to concentrate worth a damn. Nick needs to grow up and stop choosing weed over his career and money.

I'm calling BS on this. He never said his smoking was for social anxiety, he said it was for ADD. I'm sorry but that is the most retarded excuse ever. Anyone who smokes or has smoked knows that weed doesn't allow you to concentrate worth a damn. Nick needs to grow up and stop choosing weed over his career and money.
Spoken like someone who has smoked weed once or smoked shitty weed.

I'm sure there must be some other drug besides weed that is allowed by the commission.

Probably nothing else out there that has no minor/no side effects, allows you to train, and is anymore legal from a drug testing point.

Anyone who smokes or has smoked knows that weed doesn't allow you to concentrate worth a damn.

I smoke to concentrate as an artist (musician and painter). So you're wrong.

I have numerous friends who got through university and college smoking because its helped them be single minded and focus on the task (studying) at hand.

Drugs effect anyone who uses them very differently, which is why some ppl just fall asleep, some ppl paint master pieces, some ppl just sit and have inane conversation, but there is no 'blanket' effect for any drug, just similarities.

Although I believe you are right that it was ADD that Diaz is quoted as having, I have to call bullshit on your "weed doesn't allow you concentrate" comment. That's simply a subjective opinion which I'm sure others on here will disagree with, me being one of them.

Had Diaz applied for a TUE and been denied I would support him in this. The fact that instead of trying to go through the proper channels he tried to deceive them by flushing his system and stopping for a short amount of time speaks to his integrity and undermines his claims that he was using it legitimately as a medication. Whatever the truth is, he has taken all of the steps necessary appear evasive and unwilling to take steps to work within the system he chooses to participate in.

Should just throw him out.

He can hang out with all the other burnouts behind the bleachers and smoke up.

Burnout? Hes a professional athlete, loser.

Isn't weed legal in Canada? So why does Diaz just go train in Canada for the fight? :)

Back