Nick Diaz

No it isn't. It's under the department of Business and Industry. The lawsuit got thrown out because it's without merit.

looked at it briefly. The head of the department of Business and Industry is a member of the Governor's cabinet. That means he is part of the state executive branch of the government, which means he is tasked with enforcing the laws. It might not be tied as directly to the law enforcement division as it is in other states, but it still linked to that branch of the government.

Should just throw him out.

He can hang out with all the other burnouts behind the bleachers and smoke up.

sherdog poster to elite mma fighter/athlete: burnout.

chappelle.gif

I wonder if they will file te medical exemption this time.

Or maybe just bitch about it after.

looked at it briefly. The head of the department of Business and Industry is a member of the Governor's cabinet. That means he is part of the state executive branch of the government, which means he is tasked with enforcing the laws. It might not be tied as directly to the law enforcement division as it is in other states, but it still linked to that branch of the government.

So everything linked to the executive branch is part of the legal system? I think that's a bit of a stretch. Not to get too far off topic...

So everything linked to the executive branch is part of the legal system? I think that's a bit of a stretch. Not to get too far off topic...

The executive branch of government is about law enforcement. What Nevada is doing is actually breaking down the civil/business aspect of law enforcement from the criminal law enforcement right at the top, versus further down on the chain as some other states do it. It doesn't matter where it branches at, its still about law enforcement.

I don't know all the details and how its broken down in all states, but at least in some states, athletic commission officials can and will arrest you for carrying out unsanctioned events.

Dana better have a good backup plan here, the suspension ending Feb is cutting it kinda close.

Dana better have a good backup plan here, the suspension ending Feb is cutting it kinda close.

That shouldn't be a problem. The fight is in Canada, and I believe they will be sanctioning the event themselves, so if the license is going to be denied, they would be the ones doing it.

Diaz had a paper saying that he could use marijuana for medical reasons.

The athletic commission is full of retards that do not understand anything about health. I am seriously hoping they get terminal cancer and have to smoke that shit so they have the oportunity of choosing between pain and their moral views

Diaz wasn't suspended for having the metabolites in his system, he was suspended for filling out false paperwork. Nobody has any idea what the commissions will do about a TUE because not a single one of these guys have been truthful.

How many people think the athletic commission was wrong for suspending Chael after the Anderson fight?

How many people think the commission was wrong for suspending Overeem?

If you answered no to either one of them, then you should have no issue, whatsoever for the athletic commission suspending Nick Diaz, because all 3 were guilty of the same offense.

How many people think the athletic commission was wrong for suspending Chael after the Anderson fight?

How many people think the commission was wrong for suspending Overeem?

If you answered no to either one of them, then you should have no issue, whatsoever for the athletic commission suspending Nick Diaz, because all 3 were guilty of the same offense.

I guess so but if the suspension is due solely to not filling in the paperwork, then the sentences should have been the same.
edit:That's what you were getting at right?

I guess so but if the suspension is due solely to not filling in the paperwork then the sentences should have been the same.

you really don't see consistency anywhere in the legal system. Judges look at the circumstances, try to form an opinion about the person's character, etc.
It really isn't that different with the athletic commissions. Personally, I think Chael got hit by far the hardest because he tried to use the CSAC as his defense and his people were making statements that the CSAC said was wrong. Diaz got a year because it was a second offense.

Yeah right, Diaz is such a lazy bum... You do realise that Diaz' Real Black belt has a lot more weight than your sherdog brown belt?

I understand that Nick (and Cesar Gracie) think that they they're were wronged by the commission, but how about seeing the bigger picture? They're signed to the biggest fight of their career in a few months, where they stand to make much more than the $70K that they're trying to recoup. This lawsuit is an unnecessary distraction from what should be their focus - the championship fight with GSP.

you really don't see consistency anywhere in the legal system. Judges look at the circumstances, try to form an opinion about the person's character, etc.
It really isn't that different with the athletic commissions. Personally, I think Chael got hit by far the hardest because he tried to use the CSAC as his defense and his people were making statements that the CSAC said was wrong. Diaz got a year because it was a second offense.

That is pretty much what I was getting at: in regards to inconsistencies. His sentence was longer because of a 2nd offence and realistically that shouldn't factor in .
It's not something which should necessarily bode remorse, as it in actuality affects no one. Therefore I dont agree with the 12 month suspension over the 6. The sentence should be consistent with the offence, whereas here it was doubled in an effort to teach Diaz a lesson. As if he had been sorry for what he did they may have been more lenient. Shouldn't work that way in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back