Nick Diaz or Nate Diaz - Who's the better fighter?

Who's the better fighter?

• Total voters
It's a very tricky question to answer. If Nate would have some discipline, he'd probably have bigger money fights at LW and possibly a chance for a title shot.

Nick on the other hand wasted years on the sideline once GSP retired. He's the true WW between the two. Nick could've had exciting fights with Lawler again, Condit again, Thompson, and Masvidal.

But to answer the question, Nate has cashed in better on his career than Nick

Nick has better pure skills but Nate is far better at adjusting his game on the fly.

I think Nick is the better fighter but Nate has consistently fought better competition

This. I would even add that I think Nick is the better fighter but Nate had a far better career and showed a much better business sense. Nick could have been huge if he had focused a bit more and "played the game" better. He screwed himself out of a lot of money whereas Nate was smarter about his career.

But I believe Nick was more skilled. And I don't base that off wins and losses or anything. It's just the eye test for me..

Nick has better cardio,chin and infighting.
Nate got better long range boxing and ground game

Nate has actually earned his name by beating top competition in a top org, and not whining and crying like Nick. Nick’s best wins are at second rate orgs with poor competition and he even has losses there.
In the UFC, Nate earned a proper title shot by fighting through the ranks in a competitive LW division while Nick couldn’t make it in his first run and got two title shots by endless crying and was completely outclassed.

They’re both journeymen who’ve talked their way to the top but I’ll believe my eyes and say that Nate has done better against better competition and is thus the better fighter.

Nate is muh boy but much love for Nick.

I think they're about even, it's hard to say at this point.
This is the right answer. With Nick getting fucked out of a lot of his prime, and Nate fighting more often picking up some good wins and solid showings, it's pretty much impossible to say.

But gun to my head I'd say Nick pips him to the post skill for skill from the eye test

Nate, made more $ thanks to the 2 Conor fights.
Nate has made me more dollar than any other fighter in ufc. Consistently came in as underdog on the lines over the years. Miller, Cerrone, Johnson, Connor fights the +lines on nate were all great value

they're very close.... but I'd say Nick is a little bit better/bigger than Nate. Close though, both have decent wins.

They are both very similar, but I think Nick has a bit more pop behind his punches

It's a very tricky question to answer. If Nate would have some discipline, he'd probably have bigger money fights at LW and possibly a chance for a title shot.

Nick on the other hand wasted years on the sideline once GSP retired. He's the true WW between the two. Nick could've had exciting fights with Lawler again, Condit again, Thompson, and Masvidal.

But to answer the question, Nate has cashed in better on his career than Nick

Nate fought Benson for the UFC title and Hermes for the WEC title.

Nick looked very dominant as a fighter in the late 2000s. There was never a period in time when Nate looked like a top contender, even if he has some good wins.

It was always pretty clear that Nate was a fringe contender whereas Nick for a time was viewed as legit top 3 or 5. Chalk that down to lesser competition or whatever but that's how it was. Nate never looked that dominant even against lesser opposition.

I have to say Nick is by a lot

But I could be wrong

Nick has the better career resume and never got his ass absolutely mauled like Nate tends to do. Plus he fought at a higher weight class

But Nate is the bigger star since the Conor fights

Who is the P4P GOAT Diaz brother?

I think Nick is the more complete fighter, his TDD is better and his clinch game is better.

Back