Nick Diaz or Nate Diaz - Who's the better fighter?

Who's the better fighter?

• Total voters
Love them both, but Nick is already doing legendary stuff at the young age of 23. Social media just wasn't there at that time.

fu8h3E9_FaHiHJPH-8LeRwHzr8Ohy1UGe-mTdq-P8JLy0KfQlmL5kIdCUE63Ut3rYeZp4IjxIZ54AETQCfOYevhg3q0UQU7twakh8wpkw3RNpsTqy39ClAoRKVsv

nick53b10c68f985c644.gif

Fans today just never got to know him in this new era like Nate due to his late arrival in the UFC and suspension.

Last edited:
I feel like Nick may slightly have the better boxing and is better in the clinch. Nick definitely has a more diverse submission game than Nate as well

Between these two high profile brothers, who do you think is the better MMA fighter?

Nick-Diaz-and-Nate-Diaz-1200x900.jpg

They would never fight because they are brothers but Nick would win. But Nate had a better career, however, Nick was cut of some prime fights.

Nick Diaz has always been the better, crisper striker. The last time Nate Diaz looked sharp and quick was against Michael Johnson. Since then, he looked incredibly sloppy, sluggish and relied on his chin and cardio even more so than before.

He beat a washed up Penn. Gomi was a great win. Lost to the other 3. Naming these 5 wasn't the best idea.
Penn wasn't washed up, he had a draw with Fitch one fight before he fought Nick and Fitch was a top contender.

They're both about the same. B+ level guys who couldn't get it done in their biggest fights.

Nate - He's had less impressive performances, but Nick was granted a lot of favorable match ups. Stand and Bangers and smaller fighters bumping up. Nate spent his career grinding it out in the sport's toughest division occasionally fighting up in weight so he's got some bad performances in unfavorable match ups, but he's put on some masterclasses as well.

At this point probably Nate, in their primes Nick was better but he lost interest in fighting like 10 years ago.

Nate IMO and I don't think it's actually all that close

Nick.

While you could argue Nate fought better comp, Nick is the one who mauled a bunch of well-regarded fighters, including Lawler, Gomi, Daley, and a past-his-prime Penn.

The issue with both is fight IQ and vulnerability to leg kicks.

People poo-poo the Diaz brothers but I think many of us will miss them. Their ability to box and apply ludicrous volume, along with their jits mastery, may them unique.

Nick had better grappling and boxing and arguably is the smarter fighter.

Probably been said already, but Nate has never become a champ. Nick was better, but I expect him to have a failed comeback.

I'm fucking dumbfounded by people saying Nate fought better competition, especially since didn't beat many of them and himself took a beating.

Nick fought 3 goats that weren't washed up and still good. GSP, BJ and Silva. Plus he gogo'd Gomi.

Nate fought Conor McGregor and it really did change his life

Back