Rumored Nick Diaz hints a comeback

Would a comeback be a smart decision?

• Total voters
Hard Pass we don't need anymore of this

Untitled-design-2023-04-18T163728.999.jpg

What's this even mean?

He was Strikeforce champ and actually one of the best WW's during his era. Was he on track to beat GSP if he never smoked weed?

If he's having mental troubles after his fight career it's probably the CTE dude, not the weed. It's 2024, loads of people smoke weed.

He missed out on years of his prime due to a suspension for failing a drug test.

Loads of people drink alcohol too. Doesn't mean it's good for you.

Nick is the poster child for how all the 'weed is harmless' propaganda is nonsense. It ruined his life.

Very sad because he had all the potential in the world.
More like drinking and all that 'potential' is massively overrated. Wrestling has always been his kryptonite and even fighters with better boxing have been able to beat him.

More like drinking and all that 'potential' is massively overrated. Wrestling has always been his kryptonite and even fighters with better boxing have been able to beat him.

He got suspended for five years during his prime.

You talking about the Silva fight? Nick wasn't in his prime at that point and he had his suspension reduced drastically. He willingly chose to sit out.

If you're determined to believe his drug addiction didn't negatively effect his career, there isn't much I can do about it.

I used to smoke way too much weed in my teens and 20s too. I know the power of denial.

If you're determined to believe his drug addiction didn't negatively effect his career, there isn't much I can do about it.

I used to smoke way too much weed in my teens and 20s too. I know the power of denial.
If weed was at any point negatively affecting Diaz, chances are it was laced with something which I have no idea. Nick was high on weed when he submitted Gomi with a fucking gogoplata lol. Now, if were to say that smoking weed was negative on his career and it took wins off his record, then I would agree with that. But it was the boozing that became a hindrance.

If weed was at any point negatively affecting Diaz, chances are it was laced with something which I have no idea. Nick was high on weed when he submitted Gomi with a fucking gogoplata lol. Now, if were to say that smoking weed was negative on his career and it took wins off his record, then I would agree with that. But it was the boozing that became a hindrance.

Yes. His drug addiction negatively effected his career.

What’s the point. If it’s for money just fight one of the Paul brothers in a boxing fight

Nick is currently exactly in Jake Paul's wheelhouse, well, he may be a little young still.
Nate was still too young for Jake as his chin was still intact.

Nick has said many times that he doesn't even want to fight anymore, he was just doing it because triathlons didn't pay the bills.

I lived watching him fight but I have zero interest in watching guys with zero passion collect checks for rolling over.

Plenty of what's-the-point? fighters in the ufc. Those are our faves.

Feed him to Strickland.

They were designed to entertain us. No bullshit press conference. Stand & bang.
Nick & Fedor are the goats but they needed to sober up to retirement.

The only, hypothetical, Nick with a point, would be posting wrestling footage with GSP & Khabib.
Nick hitting a bag like Mike Tyson's current footage... not impressed. Happy his neck is healing.
Bag punching doesn't translate to fighting anymore. Nick needs a strong neck to wrestle.

There is Magny, Colby, Burns, Shavkat, Neil, Thompson, MVP, & so on
but the only one that excites a sudbury saturday night... is Strickland.
<CerseiPlotting>
The rest are far more boring decision losses for Nick.
I would actually be OK with Nick vs Tony if the contract states they both have to retire.

Back