Rumored Nick Diaz hints a comeback

Would a comeback be a smart decision?

• Total voters
Those who hate Nick and loudly despise him fighting again are fat casuals with tiny weiners
There's a difference between outright hating a fighter and being realistic about his recent accomplishments.

Case in point: I don't hate the guy but I acknowledge he hasn't won a fight in over 10 years. He didn't look good in his last fight and he quit.

I have no reason to believe his killer instinct will come out in his next outing. Reading posts from people who are convinced that is the case because there's a recent video where he hits a bag is laughable TBH

Nick vs Conor actually makes a lot of sense at this point. I'd watch it.

The fight made the most sense in 2017.

Sept 2015 - Diaz suspended for 5 years, for testing positive for marijuana metabolites ( :rolleyes: )
Aug 2016 - Conor beat Nick's brother Nate, by decision (leaving their rivalry at a 1-1 record)
Jan 2016 - Nick's suspension was reduced to 18 months, retroactive to his last fight (Jan 31, 2015)
Aug 2017 - Was eligible to fight, would have been ideal time to match these two HUGE superstars up in the octagon.
2024 - Would watch (don't get me wrong), but Nick is way, way out of his prime...and Conor is not far behind, I imagine. Father Time remains undefeated, though.

Also noted that Nick made it known that he didn't want to step on Nate's toes and steal his rivalry/thunder/red panty night. Also, it didn't seem like he wasn't open to the idea of his own red panty night and crack at whoopin up on Conor. That would have been a big fight, at the time...

He quit vs a shot Robbie Lawler.

Nick is physically and mentally broken.

I would love for him to find peace and stop this bullshit once and for all. Wasn't him into triathlons? Do that Nick
He won the first round tho

Nick is beyond washed at this point... used to be my all time favourite fighter... sad.

Do people not realize Robbie actually took it easy on Nick? You could clearly tell he was lightly sparring and I’ve never seen a fighter do that. Robbie seen how washed he was and literally went easy on him

Curious if Nate breaks off money to nick.

Nate has now made millions, and you can make a strong argument he never does that without Nick Diaz blazing the trail and establishing the name..

Let's be honest, Nate had double digit losses and a 50k pay rate prior to the Conor fight.

Who could have double digit losses and get the Conor fight without that name?

if he's hanging around fat slob ins vegas, then hell no.

he needs the old man in his corner, he needs to be trim, and needs that anger back. problem is, he gave it all up to party a decade ago. if he does come back, it has to be against an opponent that is similar in skill. problem is, there's no one left now. UFC will undoubtedly match him up against some new up and comer, to build a name off a name. the lightning is out of the bottle, has been.

Nick was clearly injured and not ready to fight at all in his last one.

If he comes back, the only names that should be entertained are Matt Brown and Tony Ferguson. Either would be a great addition to a PPV main card.

Curious if Nate breaks off money to nick.

Nate has now made millions, and you can make a strong argument he never does that without Nick Diaz blazing the trail and establishing the name..

Let's be honest, Nate had double digit losses and a 50k pay rate prior to the Conor fight.

Who could have double digit losses and get the Conor fight without that name?

if it was my brother. i woulda broke him off a chunk when i made it. i'd assume the young diaz did the same.

You guys suck. I would love to see him fight one more time

Do people not realize Robbie actually took it easy on Nick? You could clearly tell he was lightly sparring and I’ve never seen a fighter do that. Robbie seen how washed he was and literally went easy on him
lol yeah im sure thats what happened lol

He actually looks good here. I guess his neck was really f’d in the lawler fight.

He literally stopped fighting in his last bout lmao.

Guess the checks dried up and he gotta keep doing something he clearly lacks a passion for.

Back