Nick Diaz Fight Week! What Are Your Expectations?

How Dominant Will Nick Diaz Look

• Total voters
Yeah, that sounds like exactly Masvidal’s speed. Fighters that haven’t looked good, or fought in years. But, you guys enjoy your Master (Well out of their prime) League fights. If you can’t beat guys in their prime. You may as well call out well past their prime names?? Sounds courageous, and interesting as fuck.

Only one of these guys has worn UFC gold. The other 2, well.. Keep letting the fraud Usman fight journeman Masvidal. Masvidal just might pull it off eventually. In the meantime, Usman can pretend he’s taking on all comers. I’m sure he’d love nothing more than to fight 2022, Nick.
I don’t disagree that there’s really 2 levels to mma. The entertainment, and then the competition. I watch the sport for both, so I don’t mind some fun fights. Even shit like cm punk becomes a part of our dumb and crazy sport. I think of it all as part of the gig. If the sport was too focused on competition it would lose a little sparkle. However, I agree the entertainment can go too far and take too much of a priority.

You feel Usman isn’t really doing the right stuff? Part of the issue is he’s so active he’s beat everyone while the contenders just want to wait around and not take fights. He can’t fight new contenders if there aren’t any. Who was Usman supposed to fight that he hasn’t? I’m no roasting you, I’m just really curious what he was supposed to do differently.

It's been 10 years since Diaz won a fight.
And 4 years, since Lawler won a fight.
A combined 14 years of time, since the 2 fighters won.
That's a crazy amount of time. Longer than the entire careers of most fighters
Let's hope the time off serves as a refresher to provide a resurgence.

Clowning, talking, attempted slaps..I used to love Nick but part of me hopes Robbie sleeps him this time...

It's been 10 years since Diaz won a fight.
And 4 years, since Lawler won a fight.
A combined 14 years of time, since the 2 fighters won.
That's a crazy amount of time. Longer than the entire careers of most fighters
Let's hope the time off serves as a refresher to provide a resurgence.
sounds like a draw is going to happen

He might look good against Tentative Lawler but if Lawler brings it I'm not sure Nick will fair that well. 4/10 hoping for better.

What a strange poll. So if you pick “1” does it mean Nick will squeak by a victory, or that Robbie is going to win?

What a strange poll. So if you pick “1” does it mean Nick will squeak by a victory, or that Robbie is going to win?
It’s not about who you predict will win, although you’re welcome to discuss that.

Im looking to gauge what your expectation is. How do you expect to feel about his performance and return?

My only expectation is that we will see a Nick Diaz who shows up in great shape, will push the pace and not run, and will never look for a way out if things go badly...as has always been the case.

If only we could expect the same of all UFC fighters.

Yea Nick's been out but Lawler has been gun shy. The classic sign it's over.

I’m cautiously optimistic. Nick had looked a bit flat in his last couple of performances, but those were against GSP and a still-dangerous Anderson Silva, not a fighter in the position that Lawler is in. I think Nick wins this fight.

idk mang in that countdown Nick seemed
Sober and really level headed about life. Expecting him to look pretty sharp, he might be slower though because hes in late 30s

Nick's never been a fast-twitch type, I don't think there will be any noticeable difference in his speed. Would be great if he looks like his old self, sets up some amazing fights.

If Diaz wins, his fans will start talking about title shots (as seen in this thread), when in reality, he should be nowhere near any type of title until he wins at least three fights against fighters who are not ready for retirement.

Double KO or draw and both retire is the best outcome. Both retiring after this fight would be ideal. I dont need to try and relive a different decade/s. These dudes should hang it up, they both have taken much damage.

Nick def looks way older and Robbie still moves pretty well. I don’t buy the “nick hasn’t been training” rhetoric at all. I’m not a big fan of the diaz bros but the guys are very dedicated to their craft and staying super active and healthy. I still think nick looks old though and usually when a fighter starts looking old they start fighting old. I do t care who wins I just want a good fight. Best case scenario both guys are somehow in too firm and we get a great scrap. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a bunch of taunting with a handful of memorable exchanges but really not much activity ending in a close decision.

Back