Nick Diaz Fight Week! What Are Your Expectations?

How Dominant Will Nick Diaz Look

• Total voters
He should beat Robbie again, unless he's terribly out of shape. He's a lot bigger and a more technical boxer.
Yeah I’d think nick has the advantage grappling where as Robbie is the better striker

I love the matchup. I'm so glad they're not feeding either of these guys to young up-and-comers and overall I'm excited. Still, I feel like I have to dial back my expectations for both guys. I do wish the UFC would make more fights like this though.
Agreed. This feels like a service to hardcore fans. One like we’re not used to seeing these days. Congrats on mod status, you’re a total stud!

Agreed. This feels like a service to hardcore fans. One like we’re not used to seeing these days. Congrats on mod status, you’re a total stud!

Lol. Thanks for the kind words.

I wish the UFC would do more legacy fights and not just name build younger guys off of legends. It makes sense long term but these legacy fights bring a lot of eyes to the sport.

I expect Diaz to be in the best shape he can be in for a fight but he is 38. I call 37 the cut off age of anything can change now. So he could still have it in him. I mean, his cardio I expect to be good. I think Diaz cardio will always look amazing. In fact, cause he does not need to be the strongest and most explosive fighter but just the most endurance fighter I think people like him can go on till 42 maybe. His body will hold up longer because he does not have to tear the body apart which just ages you quicker at the high levels of this sport.

I think we might be surprised to see him doing so well. But, he has always been an endurance, slow twitch fighter. Everyone is different but I will be seeing if his reactions and chin has deteriorated in the ring. I remember Randy looked stiffer in the spine area. Just seem like he could not move and turn as fast. Diaz is 38, he could put on a good show still. I expect an 8 to 10 but he always has problems with wrestlers taking him down however he is good off his back. We will see if Diaz stayed active the whole time.

Them to be slow. Nick going forward and Robbie trying to counter. Ends up as a war. Nick winning it by stoppage.

idk mang in that countdown Nick seemed
Sober and really level headed about life. Expecting him to look pretty sharp, he might be slower though because hes in late 30s

I'd be quite happy if that's the case.

Both guys gas in the first round and it ends up an uneventful draw
Neither guy has ever gassed in their entire life. This will be the slowest starting fight in the history of the UFC though. After an exciting first 20 seconds or so they will both settle in and the sparring will continue to increase in intensity until somewhere in rd 3 it will start looking like they are finally getting after it.

Lawler is washed and more importantly, gunshy now. Diaz won't look great, but he'll win a decision based on volume

I´m super hyped for this fight and Nick´s comeback.

Lawler always hits to hurt you but i see Nick with the sub here.

WAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Dudes been drinking and smoking for the past 10yrs and you guys expect him to come out and tear shit up?
<{cruzshake}>

Dude also does triathlons. That shit aint no joke.

I dont expect Nick's gas tank to be the issue. Maybe his chin is gone, thats tough to say. We dont know how active he has stayed in the gym but I have to figure he's been helping Nate get ready for fights.

It will look like two 40 year old men past their primes pitter pattering to a 5rd decision.

It brings me no joy to say it, but I think that there is going to be a lot of hearbroken Nick Diaz fans after this weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be shocked if I am.
Eh, as a Diaz fan, I'm just really happy to see him turn his life around. He was spiraling there for a few years. I'd say his low point was the BMF fight when he did that interview with Ariel. It wasn't looking good. But a few months later the pandemic hit, and Nick threw himself back into working out, running triathlons and bjj. It seems he's in a really good place right now so as a fan, win or lose, I'm happy for him.

Eh, as a Diaz fan, I'm just really happy to see him turn his life around. He was spiraling there for a few years. I'd say his low point was the BMF fight when he did that interview with Ariel. It wasn't looking good. But a few months later the pandemic hit, and Nick threw himself back into working out, running triathlons and bjj. It seems he's in a really good place right now so as a fan, win or lose, I'm happy for him.
That’s wild. I know the pandemic was really tough on a lot of people with some of the issues he deals with. I’m glad he managed to find some positive outlets and keep himself out of trouble

This may displease the Diaz fans. But I gotta tell the truth. It's not meant to be venemous though. Just a neutral and honest observation.
He's 38 years old ; he hasn't fought in 6 years ; and the last time he fought, he looked pretty flat.
So I don't expect a lot.
Then again, the fighter he's facing, is very similar in those attributes.
I may just be stating a lot of the obvious here. But it's critically relevant.
So it may be a good fight for Diaz, and he may look good relatively speaking, only because the opponent also, is a worn-down warrior like Diaz.
With that said, it should be a great fight. For both the fighters, as well as the fans. Because both fighters have a large and strong following and both are well-loved

Last edited:
Personally I think it’s actually brilliant matchmaking. The ufc has the two guys who fans love but are struggling. If they fight someone has to win, and then you can sell something like lawler vs mas, or nick vs mas. Either way you’re getting a lot of value out of it. Smart move.
Yeah, that sounds like exactly Masvidal’s speed. Fighters that haven’t looked good, or fought in years. But, you guys enjoy your Master (Well out of their prime) League fights. If you can’t beat guys in their prime. You may as well call out well past their prime names?? Sounds courageous, and interesting as fuck.

Only one of these guys has worn UFC gold. The other 2, well.. Keep letting the fraud Usman fight journeman Masvidal. Masvidal just might pull it off eventually. In the meantime, Usman can pretend he’s taking on all comers. I’m sure he’d love nothing more than to fight 2022, Nick.

I don't know - he has endurance and has a chin. Robbie may be winding down - i would suspect a slugfest - 50-50 type of scenario. if Nick wins, he puts himself in the mix for the title.

I'm expecting him to get starched, he hasn't fought in almost 7 years and it's not like he's been taking care of himself and training consistently since then. Lawler is shot but he's still been active at least.

I hope I'm wrong because I like the guy, but I just don't see it.

Back