Nick Diaz brings in Glory Champ Artem Levin to prepare for Anderson Silva

Nick has sparred with Joe Schilling for many years.

and good if he(schilling) knows a better sparring partner will help.

Anderson Silva was already fucked anyway. I still always felt even a prime Silva may lose to Nick. I have no idea waht will happen.

a great example of a nick diaz fan

doesn't those bolded ones and the fact that nick diaz has 0 top 10 wins makes him average?

what was robbie lawler ranked when he beat him? he was 8-1 at the time

gomi was a champion when nick beat him. it's sophistry to claim that wasn't a win, btw.

bj was a top ten WW when nick beat him.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/5/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-30994

so was paul daley, who diaz beat that same year.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/5/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-30994

there's this thing some posters do that is all about discrediting. yeah, bj got his ass beat by edgar and is over the hill. yeah, where is daley now.

but that can be done with every fighter. the point is where were they ranked at the time?

even zaromskis was top ten when nick beat him.

none of this is relevant to nick vs. silva though. a prime silva was faster and is still bigger than nick and technically better. the only real question is whether anderson is really over the hill and how he comes back from a potentially career ending injury.

I don't think Levin is similar stylistically to Silva. Not that sparring with him isn't great work to get in, of course.

They both bob and weave a lot (Levin with more success), but offensively they're not really close.

Nick has sparred with Joe Schilling for many years.

and good if he(schilling) knows a better sparring partner will help.

Anderson Silva was already fucked anyway. I still always felt even a prime Silva may lose to Nick. I have no idea waht will happen.

Nick was obviously campaigning at the wrong weight class, then.

what was robbie lawler ranked when he beat him? he was 8-1 at the time

gomi was a champion when nick beat him. it's sophistry to claim that wasn't a win, btw.

bj was a top ten WW when nick beat him.

so was paul daley, who diaz beat that same year.

there's this thing some posters do that is all about discrediting. yeah, bj got his ass beat by edgar and is over the hill. yeah, where is daley now.

but that can be done with every fighter. the point is where were they ranked at the time?

even zaromskis was top ten when nick beat him.

none of this is relevant to nick vs. silva though. a prime silva was faster and is still bigger than nick and technically better. the only real question is whether anderson is really over the hill and how he comes back from a potentially career ending injury.

you mentioned the wins yet you fail to mention the losses. and nick diaz is also in a 3 year break. he himself will be rusty as hell

a great example of a nick diaz fan

What did Diaz do to you that makes you hate him so much?

He's an entertaining fighter amongst a large group of similar same style fighters.

Everything he does is entertaining inside & out of the cage.

Nobody is calling him a world beater fighter.

But if passionate fans that think he might have a chance in this fight seriously rustles you then you're just immature.... and he DOES by the way, since this is MMA and Serra KO'd GSP (for example).

Often old fights have the answer.

Randy Couture put together a game plan to beat Chuck Liddell by studying Chuck's victory against Guy Mezger (Guy had outstruck Chuck the entire fight and even scored a knockdown... until Chuck stormed out and ko'd him)

I think it would be fair to say Diaz in losses to GSP and Condit was more impressive than Anderson who got stopped in he first fight then literally broke against Weidman in the rematch. He didn't look good before the leg break either.

All fair points really. Anderson was thoroughly beaten and finished his last two fights. Diaz was at least competitive.

Either Weidman is a horrible stylistic matchup or Anderson is slowing a step.

Can it be both? Weidman is the real deal.

They are both warriors, I am huge fans of both.

I agree with this, as much as it may seem I'm hating on Diaz here. It will be exciting while it lasts, that's for sure. Maybe the difference between us lies in the degree to which we think Anderson has declined. I just think Weidman had Silva's number, and that Diaz doesn't really have the skillset to beat Andy.

What did Diaz do to you that makes you hate him so much?

He's an entertaining fighter amongst a large group of similar same style fighters.

Everything he does is entertaining inside & out of the cage.

Nobody is calling him a world beater fighter.

But if passionate fans that think he might have a chance in this fight seriously rustles you then you're just immature.... and he DOES by the way, since this is MMA and Serra KO'd GSP (for example).

nobody? are you sure? i saw a comment on page 6 that says he will beat a prime anderson silva.
plus this
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/could-nick-diaz-win-mw-title-2858881/

r
you mentioned the wins yet you fail to mention the losses. and nick diaz is also in a 3 year break. he himself will be rusty as hell

i'm not making the argument that nick will beat anderson. i'm not making the argument that nick hasn't had losses.

i was correcting your erroneous statement that nick has no top ten wins. that's it. you said something that just isn't true.

I just think Weidman had Silva's number, and that Diaz doesn't really have the skillset to beat Andy.

i tend toward this assessment. or maybe anderson can't come back from that gruesome injury. but nick is smaller and anderson is faster and technically better. but shit happens.

r

i'm not making the argument that nick will beat anderson. i'm not making the argument that nick hasn't had losses.

i was correcting your erroneous statement that nick has no top ten wins. that's it. you said something that just isn't true.

He's just being a typical Diaz hater. He's no better than the fans he hates.

Honestly, Nick had a lot of ridiculous fans when he first came back to the UFC, but a lot of them are gone now. Yet people still say the same stupid shit bitching about his fans when they don't even realize that they're just as bad, and in a lot of cases lately, worse than the people they found so annoying.

Seems these days they're the ones stirring the pot and making stupid statements and acting like assholes in each and every thread about the Diaz Bros, yet still acting like their fans are the jerkoffs.

He's just being a typical Diaz hater. He's no better than the fans he hates.

Honestly, Nick had a lot of ridiculous fans when he first came back to the UFC, but a lot of them are gone now. Yet people still say the same stupid shit bitching about his fans when they don't even realize that they're just as bad, and in a lot of cases lately, worse than the people they found so annoying.

Seems these days they're the ones stirring the pot and making stupid statements and acting like assholes in each and every thread about the Diaz Bros, yet still acting like their fans are the jerkoffs.

i'm hating because i have a reason to hate. go to page 6 and read jopos comment or better yet, read this thread

he just has as many fans. they may be dumb, but they're still fans

You speak in absolutes saying silva will destroy him. It's a fight anything can happen. Why don't we try to have meaningful discussion around here?

You get down on and lump every one of his fans into one group. Unfair and trolling. You're looking for a reaction.

You call out someone on his grammar, only to be proven wrong and then ignore it.

You seem like a complete asshole. And I base that off of this thread alone. Nobody was hacking on you, but you decided to stir the pot. You've said nothing of substance, so you're a crap poster. So just go ahead and keep gettin down on the people who you're obviously not any more intelligent than buddy. I'm sure you'll be gone soon enough.

i'm hating because i have a reason to hate. go to page 6 and read jopos comment or better yet, read this thread

So he said he's always felt Nick would have a good chance at beating Anderson and that he's not sure what would happen.....

Wow, apparently we need to consult with the great Anthony Stark before we can have opinions around here. If that rustled your jimmies enough to have a reason to act like a jerk, then either Nick took your mom's back and sunk in the third hook, or you're 12 years old. Or maybe both.

Im all in on silva for this but its nice to see diaz take this fight seriously and go hard, i honestly expected him to half ass it and just be in it for the paycheck but it looks like i was wrong. Dude just might make a fan outta me.

Back