Nick Diaz brings in Glory Champ Artem Levin to prepare for Anderson Silva

Maybe he'll learn to check a kick.

Or just eats em up and stands there goading them on like "come on motherfucker, you hit like a bitch" etc...im joking, but you could just imagine it :D

*in before Diaz slaps Levin during sparring out of frustration*

It makes sense to train with kickboxers when your opponent is a kickboxer. And yes, Levin is a MUCH better kickboxer than the Spider.

Nick is taking this fight very seriously. I can't wait.

Or just eats em up and stands there goading them on like "come on motherfucker, you hit like a bitch" etc...im joking, but you could just imagine it :D

haha I could totally imagine it actually. Honestly though, I get the impression that Diaz is taking this fight very seriously- if for no other reason than he knows how bad Anderson can hurt him, and he doesn't wanna get murdered in there.

This is definitely a must-see fight, but more for the spectacle than anything. I don't expect this fight to be competitive. If Nick somehow wins, or even survives 5 rounds, he'd get my eternal respect.

generalisations like that are as dumb as fuck...which is kinda ironic

you know what's ironic? it's when you think people are "dumb as fuck" yet you can't spell the word "generalization". must be the education in stockton.

Sparring with Levin won't change Diaz's lack of speed, footwork, power and overall skill set. Not a good match up for Nick.

just because you train with the elite doesn't mean he's elite. his skills are average & anderson silva will smash him. mark my words

I don't think Diaz is elite, but average isn't entirely accurate. BTW, I'm not a Diaz Bros fan boy.

* Nick is not very athletic, however, he has incredible cardio and his punching volume is amongst the all-time best.
* Excellent BJJ
* Well Above Average Puncher, Below Average Kicker, Below Average Striking Defense. Diaz is a high volume puncher. He is very busy and very accurate. He will press and he mixes in great body shots. Diaz is one of the best body punchers in the UFC. He has minimal head movement and is very easy to predict when and where to hit. I'm surprised he doesn't get hit with more uppercuts to the jaw given his vulnerability there. He doesn't kick enough or check leg kicks. If you let Diaz do want he wants to do it can lead to serious trouble. He is relentless when he gets it going.
* Diaz is a very weak wrestler and he also lacks strength. I think many fighters don't want to grapple with Nick because of his BJJ chops, but a strong wrestler with good top control can rag doll Nick and take away his boxing rhythm which is why Strikeforce and the UFC kept him away from top wrestlers. Silva is not a big wrestler so we might not see any TD attempts.
* Diaz has lots of experience and has been in the cage vs. many top fighters
* Silva in his prime would KO Diaz in 1 or 2 rounds without breaking a sweat, but this isn't prime time Silva anymore. Silva will win, but it might not be as dominant and quick as many might think. Silva with a late TKO is my prediction.

haha I could totally imagine it actually. Honestly though, I get the impression that Diaz is taking this fight very seriously- if for no other reason than he knows how bad Anderson can hurt him, and he doesn't wanna get murdered in there.

This is definitely a must-see fight, but more for the spectacle than anything. I don't expect this fight to be competitive. If Nick somehow wins, or even survives 5 rounds, he'd get my eternal respect.

I seriously LOVE this fight..cant wait, this to me is an amazing matchup for reasons that apparently i'm in the minority for

you know what's ironic? it's when you think people are "dumb as fuck" yet you can't spell the word "generalization". must be the education in stockton.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/generalisation

Welcome to a world where two words can, and will be spelled differently, dumbass :icon_neut

from sparring with Artem Levin is checking and countering leg kicks,I'd be impressed with Nick.

I recall Anderson Silva failing to dent Patrick Cote's iron head and running from Demian Maia all of rounds 4 and 5.

Ryo Chonan arguably got the better of him in the standup, and Ryo was a small dude.

Sometimes Anderson becomes the Matrix, other times he becomes one of the sequels.

Your grasp of English grammar and syntax appears to be just as tenuous.

Moreover, that's still an acceptable way to spell, "generalization."

Stop embarrassing yourself, Ironman.

I recall Anderson Silva failing to dent Patrick Cote's iron head and running from Demian Maia all of rounds 4 and 5.

Ryo Chonan arguably got the better of him in the standup, and Ryo was a small dude.

Sometimes Anderson becomes the Matrix, other times he becomes one of the sequels.

Anderson is also arguably better now than he was in the Cote fight (2008) and obviously better (and much bigger) than in the Chonan fight (2004). Unless The Chris broke Andy's chin, he has the advantage almost everywhere: boxing, MT, wrestling, power, reach and strength. Nick has the cardio (but Anderson can go 5 rounds too, so it's kind of irrelevant) and probably the pure BJJ but he's not taking Anderson down.

I like Nick but I just don't think he can back Andy onto the fence and beat him up like he does to other guys.

he just has as many fans. they may be dumb, but they're still fans

I have to admit going into the Condit and GSP fights i was ashamed to be a Diaz fan because all the 13 year olds coming out talking about 209

Well i am not from the 209 and have never once tried to "rep it", But i love watching Nick Diaz fight. His personality has never bothered me like it does others, at least he is as genuine as it comes.

Back