NHL Regular Season Discussion, v4: Teemu Retirement edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beeradvocate's rankings for the top beers are dumb. Basically, if the beer isn't an Imperial IPA or Imperial Stout, it's not a top beer. There are apparently 15 beers in the world better than Westvleteren 12, and they're all Imperial IPA and Imperial Stout. In fact, in the top 250 beers, 130 of them are Imperial IPA or Imperial Stouts. Westmalle is not even mentioned in their top 250 beers. Breweries like Ayinger and Schneider and Sohns have 1 beer each in the top 250.

It's hilarious to watch blind reviews of the top American beers, like they did on the Better Beer Authority. They get 7's and 8's. Of course, if they knew they were drinking Heady Topper, they'd give it 10, just like they did with Pliny the Elder (which wasn't a blind test). But because it was blind it got an 8, a respectable score, but a far cry from ''best beer in the world,'' which it is currently rated as.

Leaf fans that throw jersey charged with public mischief. This bothers me. Seems like a gross miss use of power by our officers. Those officers should lose there jobs. It's Orwellian. There is no more valid way to express dispointment.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8468011

When Miller went to St. Louis last year in the trade he sure looked uninspired at times. A lot of people said he wanted no part of that trade. In the playoffs he had a .897 save percentage and played soft.

Elliot's certainly not a world-beater, but he's provided more stability for the Blues than that.

Said it once and Ill say it again. Miller had just left a situation in which he was Iron manning and completely carrying a shitty team for many years. So what if he was burnt out for the end of the season with the blues. You stick with that proven expert.

Luckily for them Elliot has done well. Pretty sure ive heard braggle say they weren't going to be able to afford Miller though. Along with claiming he was dirty swinger.

I think the only reason we aren't being taken too seriously in the cup discussion is goaltending. I like where we are, and we finally have a true goal scoring threat in tarasenko

You've had Elliot in playoffs before.

He played well in 12-13 playoffs, needed more scoring to help him out in a few games. Which we should have now, but who knows once the playoffs start. IF we play like we have this month in the playoffs, I think we have a chance to make a little noise

got trucked several times tonight in rugby practice, and we decided tonight was the night we'd run a full contact scrimmage. Luckily enough I lost my mouthpiece, so that was fun.

This Red Wings PP is just clowning on fools

Blues powerplay is rated #1. I remember last year we had a stretch of going I believe 0-35ish on the PP. Times are a-changin'

Andrew "gremlin ass motherfucker" Shaw opening up the scoring tonight for Chicago

Toews and Twin Turbo. Have all the credit. Shaws move on Twin Turbos feed was, "Ive fucked up Chara in front of the net before" type shit.

Last edited:
Oooo twin turbo creates an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back