NHL final four - Who's going to win the cup?

Who takes it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotkaniemi signed 1year/6mil offer sheet with Canes,is this going to be an anual thing between the 2 teams now smh

Kotkaniemi signed 1year/6mil offer sheet with Canes,is this going to be an anual thing between the 2 teams now smh
Let him go.

KK is very inconsistent. He's a bust (based on his draft position) & worth no where near $6.1M. Because the offer sheet is a one year deal, he'll be an RFA next year & Carolina will have to qualify him for AT LEAST $6.1M again.

As a habs fan, I'd rather take the 1st & 3rd round compensation picks + cap space than have to pay KK $12.2M over the next 2 seasons. Remember, this is a kid that started & finished the playoffs in the press box.

How many other 3rd line centres are earning $6.1M?

Let him go.

KK is very inconsistent. He's a bust (based on his draft position) & worth no where near $6.1M. Because the offer sheet is a one year deal, he'll be an RFA next year & Carolina will have to qualify him for AT LEAST $6.1M again.

As a habs fan, I'd rather take the 1st & 3rd round compensation picks + cap space than have to pay KK $12.2M over the next 2 seasons. Remember, this is a kid that started & finished the playoffs in the press box.

How many other 3rd line centres are earning $6.1M?
On other hand, with Danault gone and possibly Kotkaniemi Habs center depth looks thin.
Jake Evans, 13 points in 47 games or Cedrid Paquette 19 points in 61 games are their 2C options if Kotkaniemi leaves.

I can see MB taking the picks over matching the offer,i dont think he is worth 6mil either(at this point) but i do think it will suck to lose him this way.

Can easily make a trade with that 3rd along with a body for someone decent at C.

On other hand, with Danault gone and possibly Kotkaniemi Habs center depth looks thin.
Jake Evans, 13 points in 47 games or Cedrid Paquette 19 points in 61 games are their 2C options if Kotkaniemi leaves.
Although not ideal, Drouin can play C in a pinch. He's more suited to W but the Habs can make due with him to start the season then possibly package one or both of those picks for a more suitable 2C.

Jack Todd has been a sports columnist for the Montreal Gazette since 1986.

Oops shows wtf i know about news papers haha

He says this shit about Canes but id bet that MB does some dumb shit like this once again next off season.

Oops shows wtf i know about news papers haha

He says this shit about Canes but id bet that MB does some dumb shit like this once again next off season.
Not sure how reliable this rumour is but apparently Bergevin is going to trade the compensation draft picks from Kotkaniemi for Dvorak (Coyotes put him on trade block so maybe there is something to this).

Cant say i watched Dvorak play much so no idea if he is better than Kotkaniemi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back