Ngannou s striking is trash

He literally landed a spinning kick to the head and multiple spinning kicks to the body.

That spinning shit landed with the top part of the foot, no wonder Francis shrugged it off. And OK he landed a few decent kicks to the body which didn't really do much damage.

Without Francis going to his wrestling, he would have been less tired. Which makes me think we were in store for another 4 rounds of this low-action perimeter dancing, with a chance of a Francis KO. Absent the KO, I'll grant Gane would have won, but in a boring way without doing much damage at all.

Except Francis decided to lame him instead of getting lamed himself, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Honestly to me it looked like a significant issue with Francis standing was mental again, faced with a good technical kickboxer he really seemed to freeze up and play Ganes game until he switched to grappling.

This really didnt look like the same guy who went after Stipe the way he did in the rematch, that fight was also slower I spose but you could tell Francis was on the front foot and hunger there.

Gane turned Ngannou a wrestler.

It should also be noted Ngannou was outwrestled during every single exchange during the first two rounds, when both guys had full gas tanks. Francis only started outwrestling Gane after he slammed him to the ground and seemingly broke his leg. Props to Ngannou for that but Francis demonstrated he is worse in every single facet of MMA.

Ngannou lost the first two rounds on two judges scorecards.

So he demonstarted he's worse in every single facet of MMA by winning? lmfao

Gane turned Ngannou a wrestler.

It should also be noted Ngannou was outwrestled during every single exchange during the first two rounds, when both guys had full gas tanks. Francis only started outwrestling Gane after he slammed him to the ground and seemingly broke his leg. Props to Ngannou for that but Francis demonstrated he is worse in every single facet of MMA.

Ngannou lost the first two rounds on two judges scorecards.

Lol. Salty.

So he demonstarted he's worse in every single facet of MMA by winning? lmfao

Ngannou lost the first two rounds, you know the rounds where he had a full gas tank....

He won because Gane went for a submission after he had won the battle for top control and could have L&P just as Francis did and won the round?

So how did Gane not lose himself that fight by going for the sub attempt?

Honestly to me it looked like a significant issue with Francis standing was mental again, faced with a good technical kickboxer he really seemed to freeze up and play Ganes game until he switched to grappling.

This really didnt look like the same guy who went after Stipe the way he did in the rematch, that fight was also slower I spose but you could tell Francis was on the front foot and hunger there.
likely Stipe is washed up

Lol. Salty.

I gave Ngannou credit for slamming Gane, which was the most important thing he did the entire fight and arguably the most impactful offensive maneuver of the fight, what else does he deserve credit for?

Gane took him down and won the battle for top control in the fifth round and could have L&Ped his way to a victory just as Ngannou did. He made a mistake going for the submission attempt and paid the price.

What else does Francis deserve credit for, he lost the first two rounds, the only two rounds he had energy?

I gave Ngannou credit for slamming Gane, which was the most important thing he did the entire fight and arguably the most impactful offensive maneuver of the fight, what else does he deserve credit for?

Gane took him down and won the battle for top control in the fifth round and could have L&Ped his way to a victory just as Ngannou did. He made a mistake going for the submission attempt and paid the price.

What else does Francis deserve credit for, he lost the first two rounds, the only two rounds he had energy?

He won 3 rounds. What's the problem here? If Gane was superior he would've taken the fight.
Also, he dominated the takedown/grappling.

For MMA it’s pretty ok.

Gets absolutely eaten alive by a top 15 boxer though.

He won 3 rounds. What's the problem here? If Gane was superior he would've taken the fight.
Also, he dominated the takedown/grappling.

He would not have won 3 rounds if Gane had not gone for the submission attempt...... Thats the point.

Gane lost himself that fight more than anything.

Francis made better decisions than Gane in the fight, that is something I did not credit him for, but skill-wise Gane was the superior fighter and the fight itself reflected that. Gane won every cage wrestling exchange during the first two rounds, when both men had energy, and pieced Francis up on the feet.

Ngannou was on one leg the whole fight and still grinded out the win.

Gane finally fought someone his size and didn't look anything special, boring point fighter that couldn't finish a bloke that's got a subpar gas tank who was on one leg....

Embarrassing for gane, Francis without the injury KOs him in the first.

He would not have won 3 rounds if Gane had not gone for the submission attempt...... Thats the point.

Francis made better decisions than Gane in the fight, that is something I did not credit him for, but skill-wise Gane was the superior fighter and the fight itself reflected that. Gane won every cage wrestling exchange during the first two rounds, when both men had energy, and pieced Francis up on the feet.

So, Gane's got a worse gas tank and worse fight IQ?
Cardio and strategy are facets of MMA, you know.

You can't really be considered the superior fighter if you can't win the fight.

The fight isn't won only by the first two rounds. Gane may be superior but he didn't do any damage, at all. Hardly superior.

Back