• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ngannou needs to go into a camp and learn ground game

Pascal Bergeron

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
he as no idea what he needs to do. He as a lot of potentiel. He needs to get into a camp where he can learn the ground game. The PI dont have the best fighter that can teach a young fighter the technique he needs.

All these super knockout artist guys have terrible gas tanks and are super one dimensional.

Cardio might help as well. It's one of the reasons overeem slimmed down

I think Ngannou needs to take his time during his fights instead of throwing everything in the 1st minute of the 1st round. Ngannou will learn and get better.

Haha and shut the fuck up about Trump! He's winning... ur losing!

But but new ufc state of the art training facility though!

Or maybe carrying huge amounts of muscle and then swinging for the fences in the hopes of landing a 1 punch knockout tends to make you too tired to grapple.

All these super knockout artist guys have terrible gas tanks and are super one dimensional.

Huge muscles, especially in the shoulder and back are a recipe for zero cardio. When I boxed, I couldn't count how many lifting bros got wore out and stopped by smaller dudes. They thought if they could bench 245 20 times that meant they could throw punches for 20 minutes.

You can't keep that initial pace, get hit, carry your opponent's weight for so long, and expect to maintain great cardio. No amount of training will make it better. Stipe simply executed a perfect gameplan.

Ngannou is still a monster, he just faced someone with greater experience.

He needs to improve his ground game. It was the killer for him tonight.

He needed to have this kind of experience.

Huge muscles, especially in the shoulder and back are a recipe for zero cardio. When I boxed, I couldn't count how many lifting bros got wore out and stopped by smaller dudes. They thought if they could bench 245 20 times that meant they could throw punches for 20 minutes.
It's why boxers don't typically lift for mass. Cardio is the key.

Anytime you see a guy of Ngannou's size, and build, you know that he's really only going to be at his best for two rounds at the most.

Credit to him for seeing it through. Most people can't imagine the exhaustion, and the mental toll it takes on you in a fight.

There really is no formula for avoiding it except for losing mass, and not loading up on power shots constantly.

He is already too old for that and should work on everything else.

Ngannou is unlikely to improve, how many times now have we seen similar fighters? Did Kimbo or Brett Rogers ever improve their gas tank or ground game?

He can still win so long as he finishes within 2-3 minutes. Ngannou can stay in the top 10 easily considering the HW roster.

he needs to lose some fuckin mass instead. ground game and gassed = same result

It's why boxers don't typically lift for mass. Cardio is the key.

Anytime you see a guy of Ngannou's size, and build, you know that he's really only going to be at his best for two rounds at the most.

Credit to him for seeing it through. Most people can't imagine the exhaustion, and the mental toll it takes on you in a fight.

There really is no formula for avoiding it except for losing mass, and not loading up on power shots constantly.

Yeah, themsk flowing muscles, as Teddy Atlas would say. Even in power punchers, the only real big muscles you usually see are the calf, because of the driving force.

The dude has insane talent but is fucking clueless on the ground. My advice is to seek out Jon Jones and train with him for 2 years and then try again, otherwise Stipe/Cain and even HW Chael will make him look like an amateur.

The dude has insane talent but is fucking clueless on the ground. My advice is to seek out Jon Jones and train with him for 2 years and then try again, otherwise Stipe/Cain and even HW Chael will make him look like an amateur.
Chael? No, Chale would get decapitated.

Ngannou isn't Rampage, who doesn't appear to even train.

To be honest, Stipe could learn some things too. His ground game was not impressive.

Werdum just giving an interview. Calling Ngannou a mistake and saying Stipe should've done better.

Back