NFL Discussion v46: Franchise Tag Edition

Where will Johnny 8ball land?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Bennett plays without a new deal?
That I don't know yet, but I bet they move money around for him.
He could have held out last year but he said he loves the guys on the team and couldn't do that to them, but I could see him holding out if they don't move some money around similar to KAM. But he did just sign with Marshawns agent who got him a new deal so we'll see

Howd he do in division games....? Seem to have forgot those.

"He beat NE!". He threw a whopping 270/1/1, with a paltry 72.5 passer rating. Im not rolling out the red carpet for that.

CJ's 115 yards and 2 TDs didnt have anything to do with that win either I guess.

I dont think hes good, it has nothing to do with wishful anything. I give the Broncos players their due credit regularly.
Lol and once again, you can't look past anything other than the stat line. And yes, he did beat NE in his second career start. Do you think they win that game with Peyton? We both know the answer to that question. He led them down the field for the go ahead TD with a gorgeous pass to Caldwell in a fucking snow storm. But nah, he had no part in their win.

He came off the bench with one of the worst lines in football and led the team to a 4-2 record, beating two playoff teams and getting them to the number one seed. Watch the SD game and tell me how many of those turnovers are his fault. Not the result of botched catches or poor offensive line play. Michael Schofield was absolutely abused by Mack when they played. But you somehow think an inexperienced QB with a shit offensive line should be producing all pro numbers.

I'd love for you to tell me that they win the Super Bowl without Brock taking over for that stretch of games.

Wrong.

Gave up 24 to KC, 27 to Indy, 29 to KC prior to the NE game.
Still got a win against the 10-0 Patriots with the defensive playing far below their usual level.

I don't think Brock is starter material, but I will admit that they don't win the Superb Owl without him, that Patriots game looks a lot different in Foxborough.

In seven starts he throws for 1821 yards, 9 TD's, and 5 INT's. That's off the bench and with a garbage offensive line.

Over the course of a regular season that averages out to 4162 yards, 20 TD, and 11 INT.

Clearly he sucks.

Those are not great numbers. They are Sam Bradford numbers. Osweiler doesn't suck but you throwing a hissy fit and showing us his mediocre stats doesn't make him less mediocre

Those are not great numbers. They are Sam Bradford numbers. Osweiler doesn't suck but you throwing a hissy fit and showing us his mediocre stats doesn't make him less mediocre
I never said he was great. I said he doesn't suck and that Denver doesn't win the Super Bowl without him through that six game stretch. That's all true.

They already proved they can win a championship with below average QB play. If he continues to not put them in bad spots and game manages effectively they can do it again.

I'll give him a year with a full offseason and all practice reps to determine where he falls. People are talking about him like he's been a starter for several seasons. He's started seven fucking games from a backup role and beat two playoff teams in that stretch.

Lol and once again, you can't look past anything other than the stat line. And yes, he did beat NE in his second career start. Do you think they win that game with Peyton? We both know the answer to that question. He led them down the field for the go ahead TD with a gorgeous pass to Caldwell in a fucking snow storm. But nah, he had no part in their win.

He came off the bench with one of the worst lines in football and led the team to a 4-2 record, beating two playoff teams and getting them to the number one seed. Watch the SD game and tell me how many of those turnovers are his fault. Not the result of botched catches or poor offensive line play. Michael Schofield was absolutely abused by Mack when they played. But you somehow think an inexperienced QB with a shit offensive line should be producing all pro numbers.

I'd love for you to tell me that they win the Super Bowl without Brock taking over for that stretch of games.

Still got a win against the 10-0 Patriots with the defensive playing far below their usual level.
You mean how Peyton beat them in the yoffs? Yes I think they could win that first game with Peyton (not being hurt) lmao.

In seven starts he throws for 1821 yards, 9 TD's, and 5 INT's. That's off the bench and with a garbage offensive line.

Over the course of a regular season that averages out to 4162 yards, 20 TD, and 11 INT.

Clearly he sucks.
You realize those are pretty shitty numbers? Especially when your receivers are DT and Sanders.

You mean how Peyton beat them in the yoffs? Yes I think they could win that first game with Peyton lmao.
You're an idiot then. No surprises there.

You realize those are pretty shitty numbers? Especially when your receivers are DT and Sanders.
What were Peyton's numbers with DT and Sanders?

Those are mediocre numbers. You said he sucks. You're wrong, yet again.

tbh i wouldnt break the bank for brock nor would i bet the future on him

tbh i wouldnt break the bank for brock nor would i bet the future on him
Which is why they wont and he'll get a decent salary and a short term contract.

He's proven that he has some potential but that's about it.

What were Peyton's numbers with DT and Sanders?

Those are mediocre numbers. You said he sucks. You're wrong, yet again.
Against the Pats? More touchdowns than Brock with less picks.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-shrinking-shelf-life-of-nfl-players-1456694959

OL-AG844_COUNT_16U_20160224133633.jpg

This will end exactly like your Vernon Davis argument.

Which is why they wont and he'll get a decent salary and a short term contract.

He's proven that he has some potential but that's about it.

i like the guy ... sitting behind peyton, he had to have picked up on something

but i still think you have to keep your options open... id rather pay the defense than him

Against the Pats? More touchdowns than Brock with less picks.
And less than 200 yards passing with the defense playing lights fucking out to save the offense.

But let's look at what was happening before Brock stepped in with DT and Sanders.

Peyton: 1641 yards, 7 TDs, 16 INTs in 9 starts.

But continue to cherry pick whatever stats suit your argument.

And less than 200 yards passing with the defense playing lights fucking out to save the offense.

But let's look at what was happening before Brock stepped in with DT and Sanders.

Peyton: 1641 yards, 7 TDs, 16 INTs in 9 starts.

But continue to cherry pick whatever stats suit your argument.
Peyton injured.

What happened when Peyton was healthy? Brock got benched? For a guy who is shot as fuck?

Oh. Brock sucks.

i like the guy ... sitting behind peyton, he had to have picked up on something

but i still think you have to keep your options open... id rather pay the defense than him
He's their best option. They aren't breaking the bank to keep him though. The defense is getting paid, Von is about to become the highest paid defensive player in the league. They'll likely lose a couple of guys due to their asking prices being too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back