NFL Discussion v46: Franchise Tag Edition

Where will Johnny 8ball land?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, people get accustomed to success and aren't tolerant of anything else.
we went through that here in the Bay Area with the Niners many years ago.
the "dynasty" chants fade, the team falters, stars retire or are traded, etc.
losing records ensue. people rage.
it's sports.

I wish i had the time and energy to are about J-Money, but i truly just can't even muster a fuck. Like, at least Tebow played
Im fascinated by how much attention non-factor players can get.

Wish the poll was multiple choices. I can totally see the first three all happening at various points in his life

Im incredibly curious to see what the PEDhawks do with their defensive talent pool. Surely theyre losing one of the big names.

Namely, Bruce Irvin.

Easy to say but money talks.

When Von is tagged is can the Donks keep on negotiating a contract or are talks dead until a certain date?
If he stays with a team as talented as Denver he has the potential to earn himself a massive contract in a few years. Good luck doing that on the Browns or Texans.

They're going to keep negations going with Von for sure. The tag is just a fail safe. I'm sure it's coming down to guarnteed money at this point.

Brock is a can, and Im not just saying that because hes a Bronco (which just furthers the point). The dude sucks. He was beaten out by a guy that is completely and totally shot. He had elite targets to even help carry him. Hes been learning under one of the GOATs for several seasons.

Outside of the Broncos for familiarity and lack of options, I dont even see how there is interest in him as a starter.

Id legitimately rather draft a QB from this class than pay him.

If he stays with a team as talented as Denver he has the potential to earn himself a massive contract in a few years. Good luck doing that on the Browns or Texans.

They're going to keep negations going with Von for sure. The tag is just a fail safe. I'm sure it's coming down to guarnteed money at this point.

So negotiations can continue after tagged? For some some reason I thought talks couldn't resume until a certain date, I must be drunk.

Anyway, what do you think the chances are of Von holding out? Play under the tag and risk injury? Play under the tag, no contract gets done and get tagged again?

Ya.

Team's tag players so they don't hit free agency. They can still negotiate a new contract until a certain date and then the franchise tag kick in.

I think.

I believe tomorrow is the deadline to tag a player.

My question is, say Von is tagged tomorrow, can the donkeys still negotiate a new contract with on say Wednesday?

If I'm Von I'm holding out. Pretty hard to have a better season than he just did.

Von gets a 100 mil contract imo. No reason to hold out.

Giants want a one year prove it deal for JPP, he wants a long term. Neither stance is surprising but JPP has to know that teams are gonna be wary about his hand following his recent surgery. I'd like to keep him with NYG but I won't be surprised if he leaves.

I believe tomorrow is the deadline to tag a player.

My question is, say Von is tagged tomorrow, can the donkeys still negotiate a new contract with on say Wednesday?

Yeah, pretty sure that happened with Dez last year

So negotiations can continue after tagged? For some some reason I thought talks couldn't resume until a certain date, I must be drunk.

Anyway, what do you think the chances are of Von holding out? Play under the tag and risk injury? Play under the tag, no contract gets done and get tagged again?
Yes, they can continue until sometime in July before a holdout starts. If I was Von I'd hold out. He's worth what he's asking. Like I said, it's likely coming down to an issue of guarnteed money. Suh set the bar pretty damn high at $60 million.

Giants want a one year prove it deal for JPP, he wants a long term. Neither stance is surprising but JPP has to know that teams are gonna be wary about his hand following his recent surgery. I'd like to keep him with NYG but I won't be surprised if he leaves.
No chance hes staying for a one year deal. Most premium position outside of QB and tons of teams with $ to burn.

Still looked very disruptive with the hand issues and layoff so hell likely only improve. Hes getting a nice deal somewhere. Would happily take The Claw in Oak.

No chance hes staying for a one year deal. Most premium position outside of QB and tons of teams with $ to burn.

Still looked very disruptive with the hand issues and layoff so hell likely only improve. Hes getting a nice deal somewhere. Would happily take The Claw in Oak.

The defense definitely felt different with his return. Not that they were good as a whole by any stretch but he helped. He only got 1 sack but he got pressure and others were getting others freed up. It was hilarious watching him defend passes with it but a big problem with the club was some of his missed tackles. Hopefully for him the surgery helps with his grip but you never know.

The defense definitely felt different with his return. Not that they were good as a whole by any stretch but he helped. He only got 1 sack but he got pressure and others were getting others freed up. It was hilarious watching him defend passes with it but a big problem with the club was some of his missed tackles. Hopefully for him the surgery helps with his grip but you never know.
Yea finishing off tackles may limit his ceiling, but even if youre signing him merely to create havoc you are getting a quality option.

Denver just needs to pay Von. I know money is everything, but this dude seems like a once in a generation player and I don't see too much of a risk or downside.

Hes going to get paid. Its not even a question. Its just the details of it being worked out in time to have to use the franchise tag or not.

Yes, they can continue until sometime in July before a holdout starts. If I was Von I'd hold out. He's worth what he's asking. Like I said, it's likely coming down to an issue of guarnteed money. Suh set the bar pretty damn high at $60 million.

That's the answer I was looking for, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back