Social NFL boycott over?

You mean right wingers are simple? Because nobody on the left boycotted. Redskins and giants are two bad teams too, that rating really proves the casuals are back in force
I personally know very close friends of mine who boycotted the nfl when Colin kapernick was blackballed, said they would never watch another game until he was signed. And these were big time nfl fans, one guy even ran his own fantasy league. They all caved too

We both know that ain't why he was frozen out of the league.

Yeah, because of stuff like this.
kapwat.0.gif

The Kaep situation was a pr nightmare for the NFL. They blacklisted a guy who's stats say he's better than a lot of guys with qb jobs in the league to appease their racist fan base. Not a good look.
Revisionist history.
Kaep had one good year and that is when Harbaugh kept shit simple for him. One read and if dude is not open then run.
Kaep is a helluva athlete which does not always translate into good QB's. Hell I could beat Brady in the 40.
Is Kaep better than some QB's in the league, sure he is, but not worth it for 2 reasons.
1. He wanted starter money. If he was smart he could have collected a bunch of checks of 5 years, spot start if starter got injured. There are some old ass dudes that have collected back up QB money for 10+ years. The way you keep collecting that check, is be a part time coach and shut your mouth..
2. His talent is not worth the heartache. There are some sketchy dudes collecting checks but their talent outweighs their sketchy past, and most play the PR game so they can collect the check. Kaep still not keeping his mouth shut. He could collect back up money and still fucking kneel, if he went about it the right way, but to caught up in his own hype/fame to do that.

There were plenty of classic leftists and centrist who were on the boycott train as well but in the end people will still buy Nike, drink Starbucks, watch the NFL, NBA, and MLB. They can say what they want but the corporations know the people will be back.
After they went away for a year I just don't care any more. Didn't even care about March madness. Very few people I know watch any more. My guess is if they start the BLM shit again people will tune out again

Breaking: boycotts aren't real. Nobody on the left or right ever makes good on their threats to "boycott" anything. The left are better at getting individual people fired by rallying the twitter mob to threaten boycotts, but they never actually boycott anything for more than a week either.

That should have got the coordinator who called the play fired.

That's a defensive coordinator not respecting a quarter back. If you're sending the house on a play like that, you don't think the quarter back is good enough to be able to audible out of it. And he was right.
He didn't even look right or left down the line or else he would have seen 2 people open. A D3 quarterback could have audibled out of that. That play was 100% on Kaepernick being shit.

I don't know if it was over thousands of years but over the last century or less for sure. People are trained now that they need these things in their lives.

There have been Olympic games for three thousand years. Gladiatorial games are almost as old and served the exact same purpose as modern sporting events.

Mesoamerican ballgames are even older.

I can't say that I had a part in the boycott despite my strong dislike of Kaepernick's activism and all that kneeling nonsense. The truth is I haven't watched the NFL in a major way in years, and I still don't.

Nope! I'll never watch another football game... Untill early February probably... But I also didn't watch the trash before. One of the least entertaining sports presentations, mostly due to being 85% commercials.

Are they still kneeling? I don't watch football but I never did so it's not a boycott on my part but I thought the boycotts were because of the kneeling during the anthem? Logic says if the kneeling stopped some of those would come back as fans.

I can't say that I had a part in the boycott despite my strong dislike of Kaepernick's activism and all that kneeling nonsense. The truth is I haven't watched the NFL in a major way in years, and I still don't.
I been a hardcore 49er fan since mid 90's. Did Sunday ticket recorded every game and was really into the league news until a few years ago. Slowly been fading out politics turns me off in any entertainment thing I watch. Even if I agree with them or not, I want to start watching again but the urge to isn't really there. I check the scores that's about it. I played playground football, HS football and semi pro and still love to throw the ball around.

Are they still kneeling? I don't watch football but I never did so it's not a boycott on my part but I thought the boycotts were because of the kneeling during the anthem? Logic says if the kneeling stopped some of those would come back as fans.
I don't think it's so in your face and talked about I haven't heard anything about it. I know they are playing two anthems which isn't good from what I heard. Just segregates and divides people.

Yeah wish I could say I added to the boycott. I haven’t watched the nfl is a good decade now. I basically just watched the super bowl at most anyways.

Back