Social NFL boycott over?

But that's letting the leftists win!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Not really. Networks track when people change the channel. So if enough people tune it out or tune in at specific times it becomes apparent. It's micromanaged to report to advertising companies and ad buyers,who will then ask for discounts or fight over the ad time during peak viewership.

You mean right wingers are simple? Because nobody on the left boycotted. Redskins and giants are two bad teams too, that rating really proves the casuals are back in force

Lazy take

There have been Olympic games for three thousand years. Gladiatorial games are almost as old and served the exact same purpose as modern sporting events.

Mesoamerican ballgames are even older.

Killing the loser>>>Losing and getting an off-season to get better

People are not staying away from the most heavily gambled sport. Most people I know do what I do....Turn the game on at Kickoff. I have no desire to see a bunch of millionaires kneel, or listen to the "Black National Anthem" that no one ever heard of and just further divides people. I know plenty of folks who will never wear Nike again after the Kaep bullshit. I know plenty of folks and the numbers show it, that stay away from NYC until Deblasio is gone. Many stopped watching USA womens soccer. NBA suffered. There is a Brewery called Montaulk that almost went out of business for supporting BLM. Many bars cancelled their orders. People still avoid things, but the NFL is Teflon.

It’s two things:

1) they cut out their whiney SJW shit and stopped kneeling

2) sports gambling expanded across the US in the past year and DFS is getting huge. In a future -less world with inflation thumping, why not piss away your money gambling

Last edited:
Because the NFL has gone back to football. The whole kneeling circus isn't being concentrated on anymore so people can get back to enjoying the game. Kaep brought out the worst of both sides and made millions from pandering to a false narrative. Everything he did went against the spirit of sports and competition. The NFL showed some serious hypocrisy with all of this and it will never be forgotten. Doesn't mean people will avoid watching sports for the rest of their lives though.

Plus, the defending SB champion team is led by the greatest quarterback of all time still playing at an elite level. Of course millions will tune in to see what Brady does.

It’s two things:

2) sports gambling expanded across the US in the past year and DFS is getting huge. In a future -less world with inflation thumping, why not piss away your money gambling
They play the black national anthem now and players are allowed messages on the back if thrir helmet like Stop Hate or BLM

You mean right wingers are simple? Because nobody on the left boycotted. Redskins and giants are two bad teams too, that rating really proves the casuals are back in force

Yeah, and many lefties claimed they would "move to Canada" or some BS, if Trump won. There's an abundance of simpletons to be found on every side.

It’s two things:

Don King (who once was a bookie himself) called sports betting the poor mans stock market.

Don King (who once was a bookie himself) called sports betting the poor mans stock market.
NFL is so fucking big on Fan Duel and Draft Kings. This year it seems that there is 50% more users and contests than LY.

me:
Gambling>politics

Many:
Gambling>everything

NFL is so fucking big on Fan Duel and Draft Kings. This year it seems that there is 50% more users and contests than LY.

me:
Gambling>politics

Many:
Gambling>everything
I am in 2 fantasy football leagues.
One pool I have been in for 15 years. 5 bucks to enter around 1500 if you win.
I am in a suicide Pool 50 bucks gets you 30k if you win. This is the last year of that one. Pot is getting too big and guy running it has a good career he does not want to lose, for some fucking pool he makes no money on.
I make about 4+ bets(combos of teasers, straight bets, and parlays) every Sunday for the last 15 years at least.

That kind of betting is pretty common for my group of friends, whose political beliefs cover the entire spectrum.

Boycotts work when you have choices. There is only one NFL.

Breaking: boycotts aren't real. Nobody on the left or right ever makes good on their threats to "boycott" anything. The left are better at getting individual people fired by rallying the twitter mob to threaten boycotts, but they never actually boycott anything for more than a week either.

Eh, I went from being obsessed with the NBA to not watching a single game over the last two seasons. I will never watch another game. My children will never watch. I purchased NBA League Pass over 10 times. I've probably spent at least 20k consuming NBA shit. Tickets are expensive. I'll never go to another game. Kings, Clippers, Lakers and Warriors. Went to their games all the time.

Never. Again.

I don't follow the sport.

Any compelling storylines this year?

Back