Next for Thiago Silva?

I'm disappointed. Thiago looked very very sloppy in his last showing. He's not the same guy who fought Gus and lasted for 3 whole rds.

I'm disappointed. Thiago looked very very sloppy in his last showing. He's not the same guy who fought Gus and lasted for 3 whole rds.

Out of shape and sluggish- my guess is he didnt have his best camp coming in (be it due to nagging injuries, lack of motivation, just subpar effort, who knows). But I think he has often looked a lot better and will look better next time out.

Manuwa/Jimmo winner
Perosh/Bader winner
Lil Nog
Maldonado

They should book a Maldonado vs Thiago Silva bout.

The ultimate 'I looked like crap in a win' bout.

Yea but Fabio more than likely didnt even deserve the nod on the judges' cards (I support the dude and am glad he won but I didn't see that as his fight). With Thiago silva, there's no way you could construe that fight as anything other than a win for him. Did he look poor- yea but he did what he needed to do and won the fight decisively.

You guys are doing this wrong.

I'm going to share my honest perspective.

why fucking ask if you're gonna keep taking people's thoughts on the matter and just rubbish them?

You're like one of those kids who couldn't handle not being right in school.

Bottom line: Thiago Silva is the number 3 or 4 contender in the world.

A "No Contest" implies that nothing happened.

Clearly, we saw Thiago kick the living shit out of Vera and undefeated at the time Nedkov.

Rashad Thiago? http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/08/evans-vs-silva-fightmetric-report.html

Thiago wrecked Rashad 30-27 or at least, 30-28. No way Rashad won that fight.

His only solid losses are to best Machida we've ever seen and Gus, who arguably beat Jones.

Any "No contest" that tries to convince me those fights didn't go down are right on par with Nick Diaz didn't Gogo Takanori Gomi.

Davis vs. Thiago sounds pretty good.

Clearly, we saw Thiago kick the living shit out of Vera and undefeated at the time Nedkov.

Rashad Thiago? http://blog.fightmetric.com/2010/08/evans-vs-silva-fightmetric-report.html

His only solid losses are to best Machida we've ever seen and Gus, who arguably beat Jones.

Any "No contest" that tries to convince me those fights didn't go down are right on par with Nick Diaz didn't Gogo Takanori Gomi.

this topic is going places.

You know someone's going to just insult anyone who disagrees with them in this thread once fightmetric is pulled out.

How'd he beat Rashad. 10-9 third rd for him where he mocked the Shad juke and jive and rocked him bad but he couldn't close the deal cause he was understandably fatigued.

But prior to that rd I just recall Thiago having to be in defensive mode- Hashad would close the gap with a quick combo and then immediately change levels to a big takedown. He couldn't do much damage to silva but he used his skills to negate Thiago and keep him on the defensive.

I was impressed with how silva quickly used technique to return back to his feet but he wasn't the winner in those first two rds based on being able to do that.

Watch Rashad/Silva again buddy, Thigao did nothing the first 2 rounds, NOTHING.

He couldn't make weight, he looked like a slug and couldn't finish Hamill. Sounds like a title shot!

How'd he beat Rashad. 10-9 third rd for him where he mocked the Shad juke and jive and rocked him bad but he couldn't close the deal cause he was understandably fatigued.

But prior to that rd I just recall Thiago having to be in defensive mode- Hashad would close the gap with a quick combo and then immediately change levels to a big takedown. He couldn't do much damage to silva but he used his skills to negate Thiago and keep him on the defensive.

I was impressed with how silva quickly used technique to return back to his feet but he wasn't the winner in those first two rds based on being able to do that.

The kicker is, with all his TD's, Thiago outstruck Rashad while on the ground.

On the feet? While Joe is praising Rashad's wrestling, Thiago is uppercutting Hashad in the mouth.

It was a terrible decision?

For more truth?

Thiago's corner treats him like a peace of trash, even if he is winning. From the Rashad fight all to the Hammill, they just bash the dude, so it seems like he's losing based off a corner clowning on him in between rounds.

Thiago clearly landed more than Rashad and did more damage: what a fight is about.

Rashad had nothing for Thiago save for TD's that lead to no GNP, which Thiago outstruck Rashad on the ground.

The kicker is, with all his TD's, Thiago outstruck Rashad while on the ground.

On the feet? While Joe is praising Rashad's wrestling, Thiago is uppercutting Hashad in the mouth.

It was a terrible decision?

For more truth?

Thiago's corner treats him like a peace of trash, even if he is winning. From the Rashad fight all to the Hammill, they just bash the dude, so it seems like he's losing based off a corner clowning on him in between rounds.

Thiago clearly landed more than Rashad and did more damage: what a fight is about.

Rashad had nothing for Thiago save for TD's that lead to no GNP, which Thiago outstruck Rashad on the ground.

dude, arent you also the guy who thought Shogun beat Gus?

See, this is exactly what is wrong with this type of a thread.

Watch Rashad/Silva again buddy, Thigao did nothing the first 2 rounds, NOTHING.

I've seen the fight about 22 times.

Rashad did absolutely NOTHING.

TD's are useless unless GNP follows.

Thiago out struck Hashad on the ground. On the feet? He uppercut, jabbed, leg kicked, body kicked, knee clinched, etc.

The stand up wasn't (the only thing that mattered, seeing as Rashad got outstruck on the ground) relatively close.

TD's score points, regardless of following up with gnp. Lentz, Fitch & to an extent GSP have all enjoyed this aspect of MMA.

Back