Next for JDS?

Gsp has torn through the division, jones is in the process. 9 fight win streak is incredible and he beat some quality opponents impressively but you have to have at least 3 title defenses to even begin having that honor.

There really isn't a dearth of high ranked fighters Jds can face. Honestly the high ranked guys already have fights or he's already fought. Carwin, werdum, Nelson, Mir, bf, Struve, hunt, dc all have fights or have already faces him. Kongo is a striker who could make things interesting for a bit. After that things will be settled in the division and a higher ranked fighter will be available.

Going on a tear isn't the same as beating every fighter in the division. That's near impossible to do. JDS definitely went on a tear. His two biggest challenges as of right now besides Cain are two guys who aren't even in the UFC.

What is interesting about Kongo? He's a decent striker with no ground game and an iffy chin.

Going on a tear isn't the same as beating every fighter in the division. That's near impossible to do. JDS definitely went on a tear. His two biggest challenges as of right now besides Cain are two guys who aren't even in the UFC.

What is interesting about Kongo? He's a decent striker with no ground game and an iffy chin.

Well on a tear and tearing through a division are different things. You said both I believe, minor difference but that was my point.

I still want to see reem vs Jds which should've happened but didn't. So that's always an option as well.

Well on a tear and tearing through a division are different things. You said both I believe, minor difference but that was my point.

I still want to see reem vs Jds which should've happened but didn't. So that's always an option as well.

So KOing half the division isn't tearing through it?

Not many people deserve to fight JDS at this point. lulz at some people saying Morecraft

give jds someone to knock out then a rematch with cain.

Not a chance. Dana likes having champion from other country then Brazil. He has enough brazilian champions for pushing UFC down there. He will protect Cain as much as possible ( he doesnt need it thought ).

JDS will get shot at title only if Cain isnt a champ or he will need to win few more fights and people will scream too much so it will be inevitable.

JDS wount get title shot soon. ( Only one other option is if he will fill for someone injured for title fight. )

Love to see him fight Barnett. Hopefully, Barnett uses his smart fight IQ and takes JDS down and submits him. People underestimate Barnett all the time and I bet if there was a poll, it would be 80% JDS to 20% BArnett.

Both coming off high profile losses so it would be a good fight.

Loser of Bigfoot vs. Reem makes great sense.

So KOing half the division isn't tearing through it?

Yes it is. Jds didn't do that so your point is irrelevant.

Edit: Idk why the first box was tagged in my response.

Loser of Bigfoot / Overeem seems like a bad idea to me. If Overeem loses, I doubt that the UFC would like the bout between them to be a battle between "losers". As for Bigfoot, if he loses, he might just say "Ok, Cain, then Overeem, now JDS? Fuck this shit".

As for Kongo, he is one of my favourites, but I'd like to see him get his revenge against Hunt to settle the score. Thus, I think that destroying Cormier, Cain's friend, would be better for JDS.

And if Cormier doesn't want such a fight because he wouldn't want to fight Cain I'd reply two things. First, he wouldn't face Cain because he wouldn't win and second, what is this shit of not wanting to fight your team mates? Did Zidane refuse to play against Brazil in the quarter finals of 2006's world cup because of his relationship with Ronaldo? Damn.

Loser of Reem vs Bigfoot or Werdum rematch. He'll be back on track in no time, for sure

He didnt tear through the division. He lost in his second title defense. Jds shouldn't get a rematch after one fight. I want to see reem and werdum getting shots at Cain first. Jds can fight Kongo in brazil and then face Barnett in an eliminator.

He didn't?

Dind't he knocked the crap out fo the champion in 64 seconds? :icon_neut

C'mon man, the guy lost, but he deserves some recognition for all his previous wins, even that over Cain Velasquez.

Loser of Bigfoot vs. Reem makes great sense.

Not for poor Bigfoot. Fedor, Cormier, Velasquez, a brief interlude with Travis Browne, then Overeem and possibly on to JDS?

That's a true Murderers' Row. Let him have a pop at Struve or something for Heaven's sake.

We need someone not currently engaged to fight -- meaning Barnett, Cormier and Hunt are all out -- so probably Kongo (my preferred choice), or Barry. Fun style match-ups, both.

KONGO1.jpg

pat-barry.jpg

Would be awesome if they brought in Kharitonov for Junior, or even Arlovski, but I just don't see it happening. :icon_sad:

Forgot about Duffee. I guess he'd be OK, but I'm not really feeling it.

Back