Next for JDS?

If Hunt beats Struve I'd say he deserves it, 4 fight win streak with the last 3 being over top 20 HW's.

Whether it happens or not does I'd guess depend on the UFC's plans, I think its clear Hunt is a bad matchup for JDS.

Agreed.

Well that's the point. Give Jds a striker that he should KO and get back on track against. After that he can get a higher ranked, tougher fighter.

well if we think in a fight JDS for recuperation, this would be a good fight against Kongo

put a fight against Hunt or Nelson would most disputed

Junior can't fight Cormier because if Cormier wins, he said he would not fight Cain. Why would we want to drop Junior down the ladder if Cormier won't even fight the champ.

Haha this!

it seems DC will fight at LHW division

Morecraft.

On a two fight skid; bit of a drastic step down.

Lavar Johnson.

Ditto, and engaged to fight Schaub in February anyway.

Winner for Hunt vs Struve?

Cormier or Barnett.

Legit opponents this time, but I don't want to wait for months on end to see JDS fight again.

We need someone not currently engaged to fight -- meaning Barnett, Cormier and Hunt are all out -- so probably Kongo (my preferred choice), or Barry. Fun style match-ups, both.

KONGO1.jpg

pat-barry.jpg

Would be awesome if they brought over Kharitonov to fight him, or even Arlovski, but I just don't see it happening. :icon_sad:

Last edited:
I would love to see JDS vs Hunt! The Kongo fight seems more appropriate though

It should be somebody well rounded.

Barnett or Rothwell (if he beats Gonzaga).

He'll probably end up filling in for Overeem against Cain when he gets popped in a pre fight test, or maybe filling in for the injured Mir against Cormier

Ditto, and engaged to fight Schaub in February anyway.

We need someone not currently engaged to fight -- meaning Barnett, Cormier and Hunt are all out -- so probably Kongo (my preferred choice), or Barry.

It is very unlikely that JDS is going to fight before May/June.

A good match would be Cormier,Hunt,Kongo,Lavar or Barnett. I pick any of these guys to pull off a win and send JDS packing to the fuel cards. It would be awesome too if Arlovski or Sergei came to the UFC.

It is very unlikely that JDS is going to fight before May/June.

Why's that?

Even with a May/June date assumed, though, Hunt and Struve are still too far out -- no interest in seeing JDS rematch Struve if Hunt loses, anyway. Then, out of Barnett and Cormier, Cormier's actually not all that compelling, since a win wouldn't see him move on to challenge Cain and would only gum up the division.

That leaves Barnett, and do we really want to risk pairing JDS with an unreliable partner (I love Josh, but he's not the most dependable) when there are two safe pairs of hands already available in Kongo and Barry?

I don't like the rematch idea against anybody. It sounds like JDS did not deserve the victories. After a loss he did not become worst fighter. Even!
Kongo or Hunt!

Back