news anchor becomes a hero

The issue isn't about overweight anchors. It's about a guy who privately addressed an anchor about the issue, was called out publicly, and then rallied against by many people in denial.

That's not the issue Tomax has. I agree with you, she's a dumb ass. Tomax is going down the bad role model angle.

Your whole tone seems so self righteous, "I've got my shit together, so should everyone else". You say 70% of Americans are overweight, surely you'd expect to see some obese news anchors, if not your expectations are out of tune with reality. Sure the American constitution is written on the back of a McDonalds bag.

You're reinforcing my point, thank you. Being in shape and preaching a healthy lifestyle is self-righteous? Huh. As I said, my line of work is saving lives, and the thing that kills more people than anything else is cardio-vascular disease. It costs mega-bucks in taxes, some of which are my tax dollars. Just because most people can't keep their weight in line doesn't mean I should keep my mouth shut about it. I think more people need to speak up, and more people need to get healthy.

You're reinforcing my point, thank you. Being in shape and preaching a healthy lifestyle is self-righteous?

No, condemning and looking down on others for not being as healthy as you is being self-righteous. Especially when it's done with such self congratulations:

And I put on fat very very easily, way easier than the news anchor. So what do I do? I educate myself on health, eat healthy, and exercise 5 or 6 times a week. And I do it all in front of the kids cause they're our future!

Again, you're the best, well done.

It costs mega-bucks in taxes, some of which are my tax dollars. Just because most people can't keep their weight in line doesn't mean I should keep my mouth shut about it. I think more people need to speak up, and more people need to get healthy.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree that kids are looking at her thinking "D'you know what would look good on me?... 2 or 3 hundred pounds, maybe a wheelchair".

Last edited:
That's not the issue Tomax has. I agree with you, she's a dumb ass. Tomax is going down the bad role model angle.

I do agree with Tomax that it's an issue, no matter how minute.

No, condemning and looking down on others for not being as healthy as you is being self-righteous. Especially when it's done with such self congratulations:

Yeah, that was my original question. Why is it okay to condemn and look down on smokers, but not on obese people? To say that obesity doesn't hurt others is willfully ignorant. The strain that it puts on families, on healthcare facilities, and on tax dollars, could all be avoided. It's not a victim-less lifestyle.

And editing quotes and attributing them to me is tacky.

And editing quotes and attributing them to me is tacky.

I was needling you man, take it easy. Barely changed it though.

Yeah, that was my original question. Why is it okay to condemn and look down on smokers, but not on obese people? Do say that obesity doesn't others is willfully ignorant. The strain that it puts on families, on healthcare facilities, and on tax dollars, could all be avoided. It's not a victim-less lifestyle.

But who is he to write her a letter? Remember I'm not buying the role model angle. Fat is just never cool, well Jack Black makes it work.

Yeah, that was my original question. Why is it okay to condemn and look down on smokers, but not on obese people?

Do you not think any of those pretty news anchors smoke? If she was stuffing her face between lines that would be the same as someone smoking during a broadcast.

Do you not think any of those pretty news anchors smoke? If she was stuffing her face between lines that would be the same as someone smoking during a broadcast.

That's not relevant. They're not allowed to smoke on-air, just like smoking in movies and TV shows is hugely discouraged.

Again, agree to disagree.

She'd be a hero if she lost some weight.

I cant believe any one is throwing the word "hero" around with this broad. She made that word lose all credibility if people really do believe that.

That's not relevant. They're not allowed to smoke on-air, just like smoking in movies and TV shows is hugely discouraged.

Again, agree to disagree.

She doesn't eat on air.

I think she's gonna scare kids away from food when they see she's the butt of a cruel internet meme:

35VuO.png

3r6fnj.jpg

3r6fx3.jpg

She'd be a hero if she lost some weight.

But then that letter never would have been written. And she never would have responded to it, leading to her being regarded as a hero. I believe this is called the Fat Grandmother Paradox.

Back