• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law New Zealand Gun Owners Choose Not to Comply With Firearms Confiscation Law

You know, in the real world this would almost certainly be a satire post created to caricature the most ridiculous right wing loonies around..

But we know you are being 100% serious when you unironically post this

You must be one of the most creepiest posters here. There' just something about you that makes me <{clintugh}>

This one?

1086a7dee9c1a78680224b432cf78d38--nutrition.jpg

I think he meant this one actually:

quote-i-think-it-s-good-to-surround-yourself-with-people-you-care-about-and-that-care-about-nate-diaz-106-50-48.jpg

This is even more prevalent in Australia and New Zealand than the US and Canada though. If something is wrong or doesn't work, the first solution is "why doesn't the government do X"

Ppl from 3rd world countries are notorious for that.

They want n need to be ruled by someone

If it’s not kings n dictators

It’s the “benevolent” government

It’s a mindset more n more present amongst left wingers.

They want the government involved in almost all aspects of life n you’re a fascist if you’re against it

Ppl from 3rd world countries are notorious for that.

They want n need to be ruled by someone

If it’s not kings n dictators

It’s the “benevolent” government

It’s a mindset more n more present amongst left wingers.

They want the government involved in almost all aspects of life n you’re a fascist if you’re against it

Nah, thats wrong. Its way more prevalent in 1st world countries than 3rd world countries.

Take south east asia for example. They want the police and government out of shit, not involved in more shit.

Compare that to Australia/NZ, and the solution to ANYTHING is more government.

Source: I've been in ALOT of 3rd world countries (I'm currently in one now also)

Nah, thats wrong. Its way more prevalent in 1st world countries than 3rd world countries.

Take south east asia for example. They want the police and government out of shit, not involved in more shit.

Compare that to Australia/NZ, and the solution to ANYTHING is more government.

Source: I've been in ALOT of 3rd world countries (I'm currently in one now also)

Are we talking about same ethnicities?

Sometimes it has more to do with minorities not trusting the government (like blacks in USA)

I talk to a lot of immigrants n most like the idea of big government in control of everyday life.

For your information, it looks like the buy backs begin today:

New Zealand begins first gun buyback collection after Christchurch massacre
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-13/new-zealand-gun-buy-backcollection-begins/11306618
Posted 44 minutes ago

Key points:
  • Some gun lobbyists urged firearms owners to bury their weapons
  • A total of 258 gun collection events will be held across New Zealand
  • The buyback scheme is expected to cost $207 million

it is just my opinion that modern day gun nuts are holding back human evolution. There is legit mental illness with many of these peoples. There entire persona and life becomes an inanimate object, most have never killed anyone and never will yet shooting at objects gives them the feeling of such power. Such a shame their passion cannot be better applied in the military or pre modern times in a tribal society or with hunting more so. This is something largely only men suffer from. It is so obvious this gun obsession some have is rooted in illness and a means of coping.

and i am not opposed to you owning a semi automatic rifle if you are in fact sane.

That didn't take long.

Key points:
  • A total of 258 gun collection events will be held across New Zealand
  • The buyback scheme is expected to cost $207 million

Is the budget strictly for guns, or does it allow for cookies and juice to be provided?

<Fedor23>

It's proven hard to explain to people for whom firearms are intrinsic to the concept of freedom, that a tightening of the laws in other countries may not be the same catastrophe for civil liberties that it would be in their own country.

Bottom line, there probably won't be an armed uprising over it, because not enough people give a fuck about the firearms in question to begin with.

I'm saying it's not civil disobedience to not hand the guns in yet because it hasn't started. If there was large scale non handing in of guns at the end of the programme, sure, that would constitute civil disobedience.

I was wrong sorry - programme runs through to December. I would imagine by the end of December probably 80-90% of the now illegal firearms would be handed in.

http://www.newstribune.com/news/int...ck-exposes-emotions-possibly-hustlers/793581/

By all estimates, the people of New Zealand have only turned in roughly 10% of the newly banned firearms with only 3 months left to go in the program.

Now that we've established that there is mass non-participation in regards to this buy back program, are you now willing to concede it as an act of civil disobedience?

http://www.newstribune.com/news/int...ck-exposes-emotions-possibly-hustlers/793581/

By all estimates, the people of New Zealand have only turned in roughly 10% of the newly banned firearms with only 3 months left to go in the program.

Now that we've established that there is mass non-participation in regards to this buy back program, are you now willing to concede it as an act of civil disobedience?

I'd consider 10% a pretty high number for that. It sure as hell would be lower in the states.

Gun buybacks are dumb anyways.

I'd consider 10% a pretty high number for that.
Ok.

It sure as hell would be lower in the states.
While I understand the sentiment, I think that would have more to do with the simple raw numbers of firearms in the United States versus a country like New Zealand.

Gun buybacks are dumb anyways.

Agreed.

I made the personal decision long ago that I simply won't be participating in any registries, or buybacks.

Non-participation is a perfectly valid form of civil disobedience.

I dont understand, if they didnt want to turn them in than why did they vote for it? Is New Zealand a democracy?(yes I'm too lazy to google about NZ politics).

Given the programme hasn't finished, and people are being encouraged by some firearms advocates to hold off complying because they think they will get a better price later, no, there is no civil disobedience by not handing in your gun when you don't yet have to. I would expect around 50% maybe at the end of the buyback period, and then from there over the next few months/year after that for it to slowly climb.

I think the thing most kiwi's are is apathetic/lazy/immune to complying with regulation. For example, it was made compulsory for houses available for rent to have a certain level of insulation by April this year. There was a 3 year lead in to this date, but a significant percentage of rentals did not meet this date, with huge numbers leaving it to the very last minute and the industry not having the capacity to ramp up massively in the last couple of months, and many just ignorant or unbothered to get the insulation done. I wouldn't call this civil disobedience either, it's just the kiwi 'she'll be right' way.

Gun control? Ban gangs, first.

Ban sub-80 iq Cousin Chuy and his wannabe gangster homies from the desire to break into my house.

I will look after myself, when it comes to my safety.

Hitler and Chairman Mao both disarmed their people. Hard to fathom that we are on a martial arts board, reading posts from folks who want to ban martial arts.

Gun disarmament is the text book definition of a pipe-dream.

The answer is to make better people, building stronger bonds with eachother, even if we're different. Make a better society in which we all support eachother. Now I'm the one dreaming...

Back