• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law New Zealand Gun Owners Choose Not to Comply With Firearms Confiscation Law

Hi, 'leftist poster' from New Zealand here. Buy back hasn't started yet. Those 'only' 700 were so keen that they handed them in to the police before the thing started. Don't get your hopes up for a NRA revolt here. Of course not all will be handed in, but there won't be large scale civil disobedience here. Not because we are sheep that lamely submit to any regulation imposed, but because we aren't religiously attached to our guns, and largely agree with the changes.

<YeahOKJen>

No one thinks or speaks of the police officers who are going to be forced to argue with a scared human with a gun on there doorstep every time someone simply disagrees with the police forces ability to protect them.
A LOT of cops disagree with gun grabs.

Hand in/buyback should be totally optional, incentiveised, AND a moral CHOICE of the people. Then who cares if it's encouraged by the government?...
As long as they don't send protectors to "enforce protection" I reckon we can get through many problems and debates.

I liked it, because honestly that's one group I personally don't.

I was half having a laugh, but there's a grain of truth to what I said: Kiwis are notoriously bad for complaining about how much better NZ is than wherever they are at the time.

New zealand.. Thats northern Australia right....

from the Kiwis perspective, why should they follow the law changes when the attacker is not NZ citizen. Seems absurd

Back